Black People : The Lord Forbids The Taking Of Money For Preaching?

asmith161718

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 31, 2009
I like this passage from the Book Of Mormon. I think it's very prophetic...

Chapter 26

Christ will minister to the Nephites—Nephi foresees the destruction of his people—They will speak from the dust—The Gentiles will build up false churches and secret combinations—The Lord forbids men to practice priestcrafts. About 559–545 B.C.

26 Behold, hath he commanded any that they should depart out of the synagogues, or out of the houses of worship? Behold, I say unto you, Nay.
27 Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his salvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath given it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to repentance.
28 Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but all men are privileged the one like unto the other, and none are forbidden.
29 He commandeth that there shall be no priestcrafts; for, behold, priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion.
30 Behold, the Lord hath forbidden this thing; wherefore, the Lord God hath given a commandment that all men should have charity, which charity is love. And except they
should have charity they were nothing. Wherefore, if they should have charity they would not suffer the laborer in Zion to perish.
31 But the laborer in Zion shall labor for Zion; for if they labor for money they shall perish.
32 And again, the Lord God hath commanded that men should not murder; that they should not lie; that they should not steal; that they should not take the name of the Lord their God in vain; that they should not envy; that they should not have malice; that they should not contend one with another; that they should not commit whoredoms; and that they should do none of these things; for whoso doeth them shall perish.

some churches that practice Christian faith take things too far money wise, such as passing the offering plate around until they raise a certain amount of money that day, or the pastor controls everything (finances, for example) when there should be committee that handles that, let alone a hiring committee. And some churches are going as far as putting ATM machines inside the churches so parishoners don't have a choice but to put money into the offering plate (talk about pressure, smdh). While this may make sense to some, let alone be okay, it's definitely much to people like mine chagrin. Some pastors go as far as using the Bible as a means of control by preaching about the money is for God's House when in reality they are pocketing the money, when these pastors have great paying jobs, and driving nice cars and live in a fancy house. There's so much dichotomy that it's so doggone ignominious!! Oh and some pastors even go as far as portraying themselves as if they are God.

some churches that practice Christian faith take things too far money wise, such as passing the offering plate around until they raise a certain amount of money that day, or the pastor controls everything (finances, for example) when there should be committee that handles that, let alone a hiring committee. And some churches are going as far as putting ATM machines inside the churches so parishoners don't have a choice but to put money into the offering plate (talk about pressure, smdh). While this may make sense to some, let alone be okay, it's definitely much to people like mine chagrin. Some pastors go as far as using the Bible as a means of control by preaching about the money is for God's House when in reality they are pocketing the money, when these pastors have great paying jobs, and driving nice cars and live in a fancy out. There's so much dichotomy that it's so doggone ignominious!! Oh and some pastors even go as far as portraying themselves as if they are God.
I feel you, this does go on in some churches, which is why you gotta make sure that where you go is not out for your money, but there to preach the word. The church that I attend does not pass a collection plate around, they have to tithing boothes, one at each entrance, you pick up your envelope, put your money in it, and drop it in. None of the preachers or elders take a salary, the only people that get paid are the secretaries and janitors. They only preach a lesson on tithes about every year and a half, that is usually how the rotation of lessons go. We do believe that you have to give 10% but like the preacher says, that is between you and God. I like that, the ability to govern my pocketbook, and know that it is between me and God. If I want to give more...I do, if for some odd reason I feel like I can't....I don't. But all that God will bless you if you give so and so is for the birds.

some churches that practice Christian faith take things too far money wise, such as passing the offering plate around until they raise a certain amount of money that day, or the pastor controls everything (finances, for example) when there should be committee that handles that, let alone a hiring committee. And some churches are going as far as putting ATM machines inside the churches so parishoners don't have a choice but to put money into the offering plate (talk about pressure, smdh). While this may make sense to some, let alone be okay, it's definitely much to people like mine chagrin. Some pastors go as far as using the Bible as a means of control by preaching about the money is for God's House when in reality they are pocketing the money, when these pastors have great paying jobs, and driving nice cars and live in a fancy out. There's so much dichotomy that it's so doggone ignominious!! Oh and some pastors even go as far as portraying themselves as if they are God.

Girl!-You are speaking truth! My husband said the same thing a while back about a church that we went to visit in regards to the pastor and his wife controlling the money. You know some of these pastors 'write their own Bible' and deceive the people by saying things totally contrary to the Bible of which the Bible has detailed in certain cases, especially about money and funds and such that is suppose to be used for the people, the community as well, yet these some of these pastors spend alot of time trying to get money to sustain a lifestyle that they did not earn. There are suppose to be deacons and bishops of which have to have a certain qualification that the pastor is suppose to have to submit to in terms of money and many other things too.

This one church, the pastor's wife actually controls just about everything. She pressed the church members to by a book due to a preacher from another state that she chose to come and give a seminar and never sought anyone in regards to whether or not they agreed to it or giving out money to sponsor this man to come and preach. Then they later called a meeting with in a day and told everybody that they were going to organize a trip to this state in order for them go and to be indoctrinated under this particular church and become ordained under this man. Well at that point, I blew up and left. They don't have no church elders by the standards of the Bible, meaning no older couples that fit the Bible details that they supposedly follow. Even though my husband and I fit the description for our kids are grown, and etc., they got arrogant and mad at us because we flipped out and told them, politely but firmly, a thing or two. The pastor quit his full time blue-collar job and said he was going to spend more time doing church work but all he's doing is taking money from the people to pay his house bills and etc. I just can't believe how some of those church goers can't see this for themselves. They prey upon single Black women because they are usually working and come into the church looking for spiritual help, but all they are doing is taking their money, praying for them, and giving them a false sense of security in my opinion. Now the pastor's wife still calls me and wants me to come, but I just don't know what to do. If I go she will only try to swoon me into what I feel like is kind of cultish, and if I don't go she might feel that I'm taking it personal. I'm not taking it personal but I just see that they are not conducting church system right and if they don't open up for some input from others then it will become a cult, in my opinion.

About 25 percent of those people actually went along with that plan of the pastor's wife, got on the plane, and took the church money without a church board ever being sought to agree on the matter. Then they came back and started pressing people to pay their tithes and offerings...telling them they can send it by paypal...passes the plate around a second time for a seed offering...organizing events for money making schemes...it's just unbelievable. If they really believe in the Bible they should know that they are going to get burned on this one day, the pastor, the pastor's wife, and the church people. That Bible is presented for the people to read just like the pastor. Some of these people are just ridiculous in my opinion and can't see that this sort of thing already happened in Europe. All they're going to do is repeat history that they don't have to if they would just read.

I like this passage from the Book Of Mormon. I think it's very prophetic...

Chapter 26

Christ will minister to the Nephites—Nephi foresees the destruction of his people—They will speak from the dust—The Gentiles will build up false churches and secret combinations—The Lord forbids men to practice priestcrafts. About 559–545 B.C.

26 Behold, hath he commanded any that they should depart out of the synagogues, or out of the houses of worship? Behold, I say unto you, Nay.
27 Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his salvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath given it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to repentance.
28 Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but all men are privileged the one like unto the other, and none are forbidden.
29 He commandeth that there shall be no priestcrafts; for, behold, priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion.
30 Behold, the Lord hath forbidden this thing; wherefore, the Lord God hath given a commandment that all men should have charity, which charity is love. And except they
should have charity they were nothing. Wherefore, if they should have charity they would not suffer the laborer in Zion to perish.
31 But the laborer in Zion shall labor for Zion; for if they labor for money they shall perish.
32 And again, the Lord God hath commanded that men should not murder; that they should not lie; that they should not steal; that they should not take the name of the Lord their God in vain; that they should not envy; that they should not have malice; that they should not contend one with another; that they should not commit whoredoms; and that they should do none of these things; for whoso doeth them shall perish.

I've never seen it phrased in this way. But I absolutely agree. Wow! Thanks for this post.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back