Black People : THE LIFE AND TIMES OF FREDERICK DOUGLAS

oldiesman said:
you know folks in this day and age of epic motion pictures some dealing with historical figures,don't you think that it's time for the life of one the greatest champions of civil rights to be brought to the screen,i'm shocked that his story hasn't been made before now.

Oldies, I am glad you brought this up, brother, because we have a real need to have our great ones depicted on screen and celuloid... We have a real need to discuss WHY these projects don't happen, as well...

I have always wondered WHY no projects on the life of SAM COOKE??? WHY no projects on the life of MARVIN GAYE, Jackie WILSON, John Coltrane, Marcus GARVEY, Toussaint L'Overture??? WHY do our filmmakers continue to settle on making JUICE/She's Gottta Have It type bull*ish??? WHY, peops, are our filmmakers who want this type of project done, stone-walled and under-funded??? We got to ask ourselves these kinds of questions....

Peace!
Isaiah

An interesting perspective by one of his descendants....start at around 7:15...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plmFU_qSoD4 ...

I so needed to hear this!

He is awesome!

He speaks so boldly, even on Frederick Douglass and the relationship he had with white women, and i don't understand why other Black men could not accept this, accept to have to hear it from his own descendant!

Again, he is awesome!

Believe me, there are some who TRULY understand what time it is and how the game is being played. We need to remember that and not get lost in the games (THE AGENDA) of the end time.

I so needed to hear this!

He is awesome!

He speaks so boldly, even on Frederick Douglass and the relationship he had with white women, and i don't understand why other Black men could not accept this, accept to have to hear it from his own descendant!

Again, he is awesome!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back