Black People Politics : The Libyan Slave Trade Has Shocked the World

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
The Libyan Slave Trade Has Shocked the World.

A video of men appearing to be sold at auction in Libya for $400 has shocked the world and focused international attention on the exploitation of migrants and refugees the north African country.

The footage and subsequent investigation conducted by CNN last month has rallied European and African leaders to take action to stop the abuses.

Libyan Slave Trade: Here's What You Need to Know | Time" style="box-sizing: border-box;">Libyan Slave Trade: Here's What You Need to Know | Time
http://time.com/5042560/libya-slave-trade/ - 181k - Cached - Similar pages

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
People for sale

Tripoli, Libya (CNN) -- "Eight hundred," says the auctioneer. "900 ... 1,000 ... 1,100 ..." Sold. For 1,200 Libyan dinars -- the equivalent of $800.

Not a used car, a piece of land, or an item of furniture. Not "merchandise" at all, but two human beings.
One of the unidentified men being sold in the grainy cell phone video obtained by CNN is Nigerian. He appears to be in his twenties and is wearing a pale shirt and sweatpants.

People for sale: Where lives are auctioned for $400 - CNN - CNN.com" style="box-sizing: border-box;">People for sale: Where lives are auctioned for $400 - CNN - CNN.com
https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/africa/libya-migrant-auctions/index.html - Cached - Similar pages

IFE

Jan 20, 2015

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Slavery in Libya: Life inside a container

In recent months, it has been revealed that African migrants and refugees have been sold in open markets as slaves in Libya, and are held against their will in inhumane conditions in exchange for ransom money.

The revelations sent shock waves globally and sparked protests outside Libyan embassies across Africa and Europe.

Slavery in Libya: Life inside a container | News | Al Jazeera" style="box-sizing: border-box;">Slavery in Libya: Life inside a container | News | Al Jazeera
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/01/slavery-libya-life-container-180121084314393.html - 105k - Cached - Similar pages

IFE

Jan 20, 2015

IFE

Jan 20, 2015

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Sister ... what did you decide? How will we be moving forward? I've been working, I am excited. I Love You! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart:
One-Hundredd wrote on Destee's profile.
Hope you having a happy holidayz