Haiti : The Lesson of Haiti

Yes, of course, half-truths, you have to dig through the ******** to find out the real truth.

For example, voodoo is indeed widespread in Haiti, but the major religion?
Did they butcher all whites when they gained independence? Yes
Is Haiti one of the most impoverished countries in the world? Yes, but you have to look at the reasons to find out why. There was an economic blockade put in place by several european countries.
Political correctness is out of control? Yup, no one can deny this.

Shabalala, if you're not in support of the film, why present it?

The agenda of the film was to denounce African independence and encourage genocide on the part of Europeans who promoted even African leadership.

If you're opposed to it, why share?

Are you opposed to it?

As to voodoo--what about it? Voodoo is derivative from an indigenous religion of Africa.

As to butchering Whites, they didn't, but what about it? Toussaint tried to spare White people (even killing his own nephew for White people!), then Napoleon sentenced him to death in prison. Afterward, the Whites were killed. But it's clear that Toussaint was a buffer against European genocide--so why did they kill Toussaint?

Do you know why Napoleon attacked Haiti?

His own words:

"My decision to destroy the authority of the blacks in Saint Dominque (Haiti) is not so much based on considerations of commerce and money, as on the need to block for ever the march of the blacks in the world."

Finally what's your problem with political correctness? This man is encouraging genocide on European people!

What's your reasoning behind sharing this vitriol with the Black community, Shabalala?

It was an interesting video I saw on youtube about Haiti, I had never heard their side of the story and probably a lot of you hadnt, either.

But why isnt the Dominican Republic suffering from the same problems? Is it because the French were worse colonizers than the Spanish? I would be inclined to think that way, because when you look at the history of the French Empire you realize the only really prosperous colony they had was Quebec in Canada. Their African and Asian holdings arent doing so well.

I don't know about the accuracy of the information in that video. One thing I do know, is its ever so typical white supremacist bull. Its a bit like what they say about Zimbabwe.

One thing that stood out for me was the ending of the video. It was the only part that contained any real degree of truth and was sought of like a threat. The thread of political correctness is thinning, right wing militants are on the rise and politicians are going to feel the pressure. Black people are in for a shock when political correctness is no longer there to protect them.

It was an interesting video I saw on youtube about Haiti, I had never heard their side of the story and probably a lot of you hadnt, either.

But why isnt the Dominican Republic suffering from the same problems? Is it because the French were worse colonizers than the Spanish? I would be inclined to think that way, because when you look at the history of the French Empire you realize the only really prosperous colony they had was Quebec in Canada. Their African and Asian holdings arent doing so well.

Shabalala,

Why would you want 'this side of the story' to be more popular? Are you aware that spreading lies betrays moral soundness?

On your Dominican question, you mustn't believe the hype. A person with a darker complexion than both you and I would denounce Africans, attack Haitians and claim themselves Latino.

Inasmuch as Africans suffer harshly in the Dominican Republic, it's senseless to say that the Dominican Republic suffers from different problems.

If one ignores 'race,' then Europe does fairly well. But like Africans were taken to America as enslaved persons, so too were they taken to Europe. There they were medical fodder that were survived by their contemporaries taken to Haiti, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, the USA, Brazil and so forth.

The world over Africans suffer. You like to look at indices that hide these facts.

It's alright if you do not know that the indices lie; but if you are knowingly spreading mistruths, I implore you to reconsider.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back