Black Poetry : the less presentable...

mkhaya lo'

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 1, 2001
Rand Park Ridge, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Occupation
Journalist
I often wonder if I show favouritism and if I do...do I hurt others around me?
I show favouritism to myself. I like some parts of my body more than I like others...

take my face for example...does my nose get its feelings hurt because I prefare to do my eyes more than I would do my lips becuase I feel they too thick already?

whatabout my hair, the favourite of them all, I wonder if my eyelashes are green with envy cause I didn't put mascara on them but I combed my afrolocks?

my cheeks-too round- too pimply-less presentable-forget them!!

my nose must wait for the day I actually look at it and think, that's a pretty nose! its not too big or too small, but **** its flat!

My ears, almost forget they there, not unless I had some sort of a complex-too big too whatever!

If I show favouritism to my own self, what about others, I must love pretty looking people more than I ever pay attention to the less presentable..yet I miss out, I look at what's in front of me, I don't look to find the beauty of others..in that way, I suppose I'm no different than the people who choose others over me..

lo' out!

Prejudices, we all have them, and to be honest I don’t know how we humans in our current state can avoid them, but I do know that apathy is truly the opposite of love and the fact that you recognize and are concerned about your prejudices poles your needle far towards the love side of the scale and that's a good place to be.
dig this flow

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back