Black People : The legend of John Horse. A metaphor for our own future intentional communities

KingSango

Banned
Aug 18, 2013
First I wanted to pay respects to the Ancestors particularly Oba Adefunmi I, a loving father who sought wisely to build land for his people and institute social change by exercising traditional and authentic Yoruba and Dahomey systems. Ase. Ase. Esu Elegba Oba of our Egun. Bless Ayaba Nikua queen and guardian of the entrance of the grave. Ayaba of our Egun. Ase. Ase.

The story of John Horse is a fascinating one that comes right of the true pages of American history of slave revolts. Some Blacks were determined to not be slaves and they started revolts in 1739 up to 1858. Note this was very near and during the same time period as the Civil War, The Emancipation Proclamation, and the end of chattel slavery. Take time to watch the video.

Oba Adefunmi I when directing the building of structures after the leveling of the land which is now Oyo Tunji rode upon a horse. This picture was captured and although I don't have a copy it appears on the Oyo Tunji website highlighting their origin. The point here is, we must have land and expand more land, we need treasury, we must ignite fund raisers for treasury, we must build institutions based upon traditions of Africa, we must offer free trade and vocational training to our youth; we need to focus upon language and mathematics, engineering and surveying, manufacturing and agriculture, tourism and accommodations, and many more areas to make sure our kingdom stays prosperous.

I hope you enjoyed the video.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : Oh he jest goes crazy trying to break the headboards like JOHN LEGEND and DRAKE he tells her “you th Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : John Legend - Ordinary People Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : John Legend - Tonight (Best You Ever Had) ft. Ludacris Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : deste.tv: John Legend; Compared to What Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: John Legend Wake Up Everybody Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black Entertainment : COMPARED To What???John Legend Black Entertainment 0
J Black Entertainment : Has anyone Heard the new JOHN LEGEND cd? Black Entertainment 6
shaka64 Black Sports : Chicago Bear Legend Gale Sayers Passes Away at 77 Black Sports 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Civil rights legend James Meredith says he's on a mission from God Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Rap legend Prodigy dead at 42 from a disease America hasn’t bothered trying to cure Black Health and Wellness 4
jamesfrmphilly Black Ancestors : Afeni Shakur - Mother of hip-hop legend Tupac, dead at 69 Honoring Black Ancestors 3
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : EARTH WIND AND FIRE LEGEND DIES Black Entertainment 19
shaka64 Black People : Moses Malone, Hall of Famer and basketball legend, dies at 60 Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Ken Stabler, Raiders legend, dead at age 69 Black Sports 4
shaka64 Black People : LA Jury Awards $5 Million to Funk Legend Sly Stone Black People Open Forum 5
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : Mr.CUB Cubs legend Ernie Banks has died at 83 Black Sports 6
jamesfrmphilly Black People : Jazz legend Miles Davis honored with own New York City street, ‘Miles Davis Way’ Black People Open Forum 2
Omowale Jabali Omowale Jabali : The Legend of Ra and Hathor Omowale Jabali 5
shaka64 Black Entertainment : Jazz legend Wayne Henderson dies at age 74 (Jazz Crusaders) Black Entertainment 1
S Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Rebound - The legend of Earl 'the goat' Manigault Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv: Joseph Fire Crow, Legend of the Warrior/ Keep Going! Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
noor100 Black Positive People : Barrington Irving,Legend of Aviation Black People Doing Positive Things 5
Amnat77 Black Entertainment : Movie: Brazilian capoeira legend Besouro(beetle) Mangangá Black Entertainment 28
PurpleMoons Black Entertainment : Michael Jackson, pop music legend, dies at 50 Black Entertainment 6
E Black Poetry : A True Legend in His Time Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
D Black Poetry : Thought To Be Legend Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
M Black Entertainment : BRUCE LEE THE LEGEND & MARTIAL ARTS FILMS Black Entertainment 16
T Black Sports : Joe Hammond N.Y.C. Streetball Legend Black Sports 0
Destee African Traditional Religion : THE LEGEND OF OSIRIS African Traditional Religion Study Group 0
Destee African Traditional Religion : THE LEGEND OF RA AND ISIS African Traditional Religion Study Group 0
Isaiah Black People : SOUL LEGEND WILSON PICKETT DEAD AT 64 Black People Open Forum 10
Aaliyahmonet Black People : Lou Rawls- A Great Legend Black People Open Forum 13
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : The Divine Serpent in Myth and Legend Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 49
B Black People : The legend of Hannibal, the black warrior Black People Open Forum 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : The Jesus-Legend traced in Egypt for Ten thousand years AACOOLDRE 1
Bishop Black Poetry : The Legend of GQ!!! Happy Birthday Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
Kemetstry Black Sports : R.I.P. JOHN THOMPSON Black Sports 0
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Remembering John Lewis, rights icon and `American hero' African American History Culture 3
Kemetstry Black Ancestors : R.I.P. JOHN LEWIS ANOTHER LION FALLEN Honoring Black Ancestors 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Rep. John Lewis Diagnosed With Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer Black Health and Wellness 1
N Black People : Tribute to John witherspoon Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Black Ancestors : R.I.P. JOHN WITHERSPOON Honoring Black Ancestors 2
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : John Conyers, longest serving black congressman, dies at 90 African American History Culture 1
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : JOHN WICK 3 Black Entertainment 0
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : DIRECTOR JOHN SINGLETON SUFFERS STROKE AND DIES Black Entertainment 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Pastor John Gray among black ministers receive backlash for meeting with Trump on prison reform Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : John Hylands' Best Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Kemetstry African American History Culture : JOHN ROBERT FOX African American History Culture 2
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Gospel of John was inspired by a greek play? AACOOLDRE 4
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Martin L. King linked with John Brown AACOOLDRE 0