Black People : The legend of Hannibal, the black warrior

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by bigtown, Aug 12, 2005.

1. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's funny how there have been countless depictions of the great Roman empire in movies such as Alexander, Ben Hurr, and Troy to name a few. The image of the black man during that time period in these movies was of slaves. The truth is the black warriors existed and had an impact on society during that time period also. A friend of mine told me that Europeans found out something about us that scared the hell out of them and it stuck with them up until present day. A fear that they themselves no longer understand. Perhaps this could be a big reason for their fear of us.

http://www.cwo.com/~lucumi/hannibal2.html

2. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Hence the italians hatred (fear) of blacks til this day.

3. wildchild510

wildchild510 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i have been contemplating this for a while. Even after watching Alexander he was traveling in lands filled with Black people but they never depicted that. Also his main Cheiftain that was close to his father..if u saw the movie it was the guy Alexander killed by throwing a spear at him when he dissed Alexander for being a ****** and a cross breeder, he was a Black man. But.... as the proverb says "until the lion has an historian, the Hunter will always be the victor."