Black People : The Know it All

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by tyab14, Aug 26, 2008.

1. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Peace,

Do you all think that maybe we each should have our own perspective on things or that we should all unite under one doctrine/teaching set of information? Did our ancestors at one time all agree on what set of "truths" or did they each have their own individual twist to certain teachings? Who is the authority on what you should learn or experience, is it the individual or the collective or a certain person?

I am asking because I have been noticing that a lot of people come with their own set of opinions/doctrines/teachings that they sometimes feel is not only good for them, but is the supreme teaching held above all the others. Not only that but I also see that different points of view are wrong and that people cannot both be on their correct path if their points differ.

I'm also asking because I get a little confused. So much information is thrown out sounding objective, from lectures, to websites like this, to daily chats, to books, I mean their is no end. That is why I put down a lot of stuff and just listen to me, my ancestors, and those who I feel are my guides, because things were getting confusing and not making sense (to me). Thats why I put the other **** down, built up my alter, talked to the ancestors, and listen to me. But thats my opinon and doing.

So again, are we supposed to unite under one unified doctrine/teaching/point of view?

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    All truths are half truths, because truth is subjective to perspective.

3. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Tell it!

4. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    You set up your altar yet?

5. tyab14

Ratings:
    +78
    Yes.

6. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Started the rituals too?

7. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    Do you all think that maybe we each should have our own perspective on things or that we should all unite under one doctrine/teaching set of information?

I think in the far , far, far, future we are (all unite under one doctrine/teaching set of information)but at this stage in the game(spiritual development) I'd say no.(as tho there's a choice) I say that because most ppl seem to have a need to share their thoughts, ideas, creations/inventions/art/poetry with others (why?). Alot even have a strong need for ppl to think like they do, not understanding or even pausing to think why, or what is generating this craving within them. :em4200:
    Even with my awareness of this indwelling program, I'm still in this sense no different than most. (see I'm doing it now)
    The bond for us to unite is always calling.

Know thy Self

:em17:

8. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
    I'm trying to up to speed with this.

I'd love to see a thread dedicated to this subject.

9. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587

NO.

10. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Powerful questions Bro. TYAB14.

I always try to place emphasis the importance of forming our own truth and declaring our own opinions over the opinions of others. But I understand it does get confusing because of respect. And there is nothing wrong with respecting the speaker and disagreeing with their view. I've noticed this happens to be a major problem with people. Not just Black people, even though we can evaluate ourselves easier because we are closer, but people in general- all over the world people are undervalued and disenfranchised so we are not versed enough in how to respect and honor someone and still disagree with their interpretation on this or that.

What is more important? We should ask the question, is this person on my team? Do we share same goal? The goal of a basketball team is to win the game, sure some players have individual goals, but it's really about the team. Individual team players might disagree with one another, and even at times hate each other- but that should never distract them from the goal- winning the game.

The problem often times with our "team" is that we fight too much with each other, not realizing that we are all designed to fight the opposing team in order to win the game. Each person on the team is a direct match for someone on the opposing side. This is something we should consider when we see a Black person who may not fit inside our realm of thought, yet this person might be a good weapon against those who oppose us.

We shouldn't shy away from debating and arguing with one another, so long as their is a point to it all and respect first and foremost is upheld.

When Farrakhan and Dr. Clarke would go at it, because both are such intellectually gifted Men- their debates in fact inspired other thinkers and scholars, and I believe each one of them became better "thinkers" because of their debates.

I say - take the emotions out the equation- deal with the issues, reason your position to the best of your ability and walk away more educated that you were previously. We have allot of books, DVDs, Speeches, and now we have a million links to millions of websites filled with information. At the end of the day what does all the data win for you and your own perspective? If it gave you a different view then it did it's job. If you learned from it then you did yours.