Black People : The Kennedy men, a thorn in the side of the Racist Oligarchy

OMG! So, YOU wrote that?!

I thought that came from some blog or something..

Do not challenge me on the facts because
I will post the exact bills and number of bills Ted Kennedy signed in our favor and if they were particularly Bobby Kennedy speaking out about Black issues when it was not convenient he would no have been assasinated!

So if you want to go toe to toe with me on facts and figures then prepare yourself becuase September will be an interesting month for you!!!!!!!!!!

Well, POST AWAY!

The Kennedys did not "lead us to the Promised Land."

And they don't get put on a pedestal by me!

Why would you need want or expect a white man to lead you any where,
and posting the agendas and of politicians good or bad is propaganda?
What kind of logic is that?

Posting what they have done to anger the oligarchy is putting someone on a pedestal, what is that about?

If you want a debate we can debate, without senselss and emotionaly charged acusations

I did not say nor intimate that I "wanted, " needed" or "expected" a white man to "lead me" anywhere. In fact, I, categorically, stated that the Kennedys did not. ----So, don't put words in my mouth.

And no, we don't have to "debate" at all.....I stated my position on the Kennedys and what they have/have not done for Blacks and Civil Rights.

You are welcomed to post any and all Bills Ted Kennedy pushed.

SO WHAT?...His brother John also signed the 1957 Civil Rights Act of Eisenhower's term when he was a Senator. But, what did he actually DO when he became President besides give LIP SERVICE to Civil Rights and kiss up to/patronize Martin and Coretta?

...And Bobby didn't get killed over Civil Rights issues. He got killed cuz he was messing with the MAFIA.....And you aint supposed to BITE the hand that feeds ya! Cuz the Mafia helped put JFK in the OVAL OFFICE.

But, my statement remains the same: THE KENNEDY CLAN JUST RODE THE CIVIL RIGHTS TRAIN.

Yeah, when it was politically beneficial to them, they threw us a bone err-now-n-then; but, IMO, it wasn't out of being so magnanimous or philanthropic toward Black folks.

(I noticed you didn't address that so-called "Chappaquiddick SET-UP" part at all, though.)

not to argue , but there was nothing in my original post that could be refuted,

....Oh, and when you post that list of Bills Ted pushed, look at the dates.

If it's an EVEN NUMBERED YEAR, cross-referenced them with ELECTION YEARS.

I would not try to convince anyone about conspiracy theories w, however it was never fashionable, acceptble, nor cool to speak out about governments resposibility to the Black community,
even now!

As for the mafia,
what was said about us in the Godfather and the harm that cocaine, heroin and crack , and the bloodthirsty
stealing from us of the numbers policy game and what that has disproportionately done to our community;

was just business, and nothing personal????????

JFK and civil rights

In a nationally televised address on June 6, 1963, President John F. Kennedy urged the nation to take action toward guaranteeing equal treatment of every American regardless of race. Soon after, Kennedy proposed that Congress consider civil rights legislation that would address voting rights, public accommodations, school desegregation, nondiscrimination in federally assisted programs, and more.

Despite Kennedy’s assassination in November of 1963, his proposal culminated in the Civil Rights Act of 1964, signed into law by President Lyndon Johnson just a few hours after House approval on July 2, 1964. The act outlawed segregation in businesses such as theaters, restaurants, and hotels. It banned discriminatory practices in employment and ended segregation in public places such as swimming pools, libraries, and public schools.

Passage of the act was not easy. House opposition bottled up the bill in the House Rules Committee. In the Senate, opponents attempted to talk the bill to death in a filibuster.
http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=true&doc=97

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back