Omowale Jabali : THE KATRINA AFTERMATH:A CRISIS IN BLACK LEADERSHIP?

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Oct 6, 2005.

?

Who Best represents the interests of Africans in america?

1. Louis Farrakhan

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Barak Obama

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Al Sharpton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Maxine Waters

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

The aftermath of Hurrican Katrina has been a troubled time for many of the displaced residents in the Gulf States, particularly in New Orleans.

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother Omowale, the New Orleans castastrophe actually revealed that theres been a crisis with so-called Black Leadership for the last 35 years... Leaders build steadily and gradually the fundamental institutions that make it easier for us and themselves to function in a time of crisis. They do not WAIT until there is a crisis to REACT to the crisis... They build strong infrastructure so that they can RESPOND to a crisis should one occur...

If we look at our mothers and our wives and girlfriends, and how they run their households, we notice that they are looking throught the coupons for the sales, and they are buying MORE that it appears they need, and seemingly, there's never a NEED... That is how to run a basic government, prepare for need when there is no need, basic planning 101... Our leadership is a reactionary leadership... They seem only to see their role as "being there" for an emergency, and that being the case, of course they failed...

Reverend Jackson is in Baton Rouge consoling and comforting the evacuees, but where was he when the evacuee were starving and unsheltered long before the Hurricane struck??? He was doing his angel of mercy piece all over the world, delivering this one for that crisis, and negotiating for the release of hostages that didn't give two cents about him after they were released...

The reaction of the CBC to the disaster was to make a statement about how badly the peopls were being treated at the Superdome, but not much else... That is because these middle class negroes do not see their brethren, and our struggle to get by on a daily basis... We are outta sight, and outta mind until there is some catastrophe that brings us out into the open... Then, in their shame, they become so compassionate...

How, I ask, can folk be elected to office year after year, and not know that all of the elements of a disaster exists in the conditions under which those who vote for them live??? It is either because they are not paying attention, or because they are useless pimps whose only purpose in office is to puff up their resumes for the next career move. brother Omowale, it is my contention that wherever their is a crisis among the people, there exists an even greater crisis among the leadership who are the custodians of the people... The custodians have left us a helluva mess to clean up, brotherman - for US to clean up, because it the clean up will not come from them...

Peace!
    isaiah

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Additionally, brother, you have seen me posting these stories about fraud, and our people's inability to collect funds from governmental agencies and the Red Cross... I am anxious to know where our leadership is forming help desks to help our people navigate the system????

I posted an article here yesterday about how the more well educated Whites benefit MORE from these disaster funds than less educated Blacks and Whites... Some agancy is needed to HELP our people navigate this system, man!!! Instead, we've got this confused, knuckleheaded mayor down in NOLA who is prepared to see African people LOSE EVERYTHING... He don't know whether to rebuild the ward of the voting bloc that put his DUMB behind into office!!! He and his DUMB police chief accused themselves of incompetent management in screaming headlines, and on Oprah, man!

Brother Omowale...brother, you didn't ask me if there was a crisis in Black Leadership, didya(smile!) Puleeeeze!

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    conpiracy theorist helll, you sound more like an observant soldier. I find it hard to believe that the levee just broke in the poor section of town, but did not break in the rich section. i also do not find it suprising there has bee no public or media question abot WHY the levee broke.

there are some blacks doing things, the millins more movement, Tom Joyner all have victims funds. here in va beach the black owned radio station along with several businesses loadedd two semis with goods and sent them down there (n.o.) but we need a national orginization to look out for our interests.

I was disgusted to hear that p diddy and jayz gave $1 million to the red cross..How Stupid if they did not monitor the spending. I mean two white boys eli and peyton manning loaded two airplanes of goods and handed them out there selves. There is one congress woman doing her thing, her name slips my mind but she wears two big braids and is from texas. i was like yeah when she asked one of the fima devils why he shoiuldnt be brought up on crimial charges for neglegance. she also spoke at the mmm rally in d.c.

Whats up with this nagan dude i mean during the flood he acted like he had nuggets cussing the president out on t.v. but now he seems like a soft politician.

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Yeah..

another "soft politician".

6. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Louisiana

Let's get some clearity...........it is not just about new orleans...since the storm the influx of people that came to my county(St. Landry Parish..which is the poorest county in America...look it up) has forced our housing rates to go up and deplited our housing for our native residents!!!

Now we all kno that as a black politician it will be harder for them to pool resources needed to run any city effectively...no matter what it looks like... whites still have the ownership and political clout to hender our progress...but yall already know this right!

This is one of the issues that affects me and my family personally so yes i have to voice it even if thats all i can do for now!

peace and thanks for posting this thread!

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Last year when I visited NOLA I spent a night in Lafayette and read an article stating how Louisiana is poorer than most third world countries in regards to its poor health care system. so the housing crisis only multiplies the health care crisis with the displacement of so many black children.

I wish you and your family well.

8. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    PEACE AND BLESSIGNS!

THANK YOU...sometimes I feel like shouting because I love where I am from and my kids who was not raised there love it also...our population is over 50% black so no matter how poor it is ...this fact alone makes them feel comfortable in their skin WHEN WE GO HOME...SO I WOULD GIVE MY LIFE FOR MY HOME COUNTY!

But lawrd the schools, the high rent on raggitty housing...is hurting my heart!!!