Black Sports : The Kassim Ouma Story

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by panafrica, May 5, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4474497.stm

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I originally posted this on the PanAfrican forum, but it got no replies (I guess no boxing fans frequent there). That is okay, because this was probably better placed on the Sports Forum. For those boxing fans on here: Oceolo, MississippiRed, Kente417Mojo, and Monetary. If you brothers have not seen Kassim Ouma yet, you need to check him out. I think he is the best Jr. middleweight in boxing (especially with Winky Wright moving up to middleweight). I think you will see him in big fights as he just signed with GoldenBoy Promotions:

http://www.fightnews.com/goldenboy65.htm

3. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    I know about Kassim Ouma 's life story and how he was forced into the army when he was just a child in Uganda. I have seen Ouma in action he is a very fighter and if Wright stays in the middleweight division Ouma has a very good chance of dominating the junior middleweight division.

4. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Thanks for bringing Ouma up a lot of folks are sleeping on old boy..he's a good fighter that I enjoy watching...dude is fearless man and technically sound...I see no reason for him to not be the man at Jr Middle....and just from hearing the interviews with him after the couple fights I've seen it seems like he truely appreciates what he is accomplishing right now...and considering his background he's one of the better guys in the sport to look at as a role model...

MississippiRed