Black Spirituality Religion : The Judgement Seat Of Christ

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Mike Ramey, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Mike Ramey

Mike Ramey Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    I brought this issue up on another post in this particular forum, and bringing this out for the fam to examine is better than keeping it as a footnote. I fully expect brother Dnommo and sister Joyce--among others--to eventually show up and provide some insight.

In the Bible, there are TWO seats of judgement. The First seat, for non-Christians, is The Great White Throne Judgement. It is a seat of punishment and eternal reward. Christians, those who have accepted Christ, will be judged at the Judgement Seat of Christ. This is a seat of review and blessing. Jesus himself will show us what we COULD have received IF we would have obeyed MORE. Nations shall also be judged at The Great White Throne.

Let me make it clear. There IS a heaven, and there IS a hell. Once judgement is rendered before The Great White Throne, Hell will be the sentence for those who rejected Christ. Before The Judgement Seat of Christ, Christians will have their tears wiped away, and our works for Christ will be examined and tried by fire.

What is left will be rewarded...by a series of Crowns...

*There is a soul winners Crown
    *There is a righteousness Crown
    *There is a faith Crown
    --among others.

Those crowns will be cast at the feet of Christ, for HE is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.

Now, without getting too deep, I would invite you to check your own Bible, and do a study on The Judgement Seat of Christ. This does exist.

As a result of this Judgement Seat of Christ, Christians will be allowed to rule angels in Heaven. Like I said, this is a deep topic, and I trust that Dnommo and Joyce (among others) will have more to further this thread.

Suffice it to say that this is just as much a part of the scriptures as the Resurrection, the Rapture, the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. If this is causing you to think, best check with your Bible, and your Pastor on this topic.

We did not become Christians to serve ourselves...but to pass on the truth of Christ to all who would be willing to listen.

Mike Ramey

:heart:

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hey Mike ... thanks for this.

I'll do some reading and come back.

:heart:

Destee

3. Kebah

Kebah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Work
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just so long as you know that if I dont agree, it wouldn't be because I don't comprehend.

So what's the point of your post?

This should be interesting to watch. I'll try and make it back!

carry on....

kebah

4. Mike Ramey

Ratings:
    +17
    Feel Free To Disagree...

Hey Kebah! Great to hear from you!

Of course, feel free to disagree! :toast: However, I didn't put this up here to get everyone to 'agree'; I put it up here to get folk to do some 'homework' and 'search' the scriptures for themselves, the ultimate in personal freedom:jawdrop:

If one wants to understand how their DVD Player, their car, or even their relationship is going to work, they have to read the Owner's Manual.:read:

Well, the Bible is the Owner's Manual on the condition of men and women. If we don't read it, how are we going to fully understand who we are and where we are heading, as individuals and as a people?

Mike Ramey

5. Mike Ramey

Ratings:
    +17
    Two Judgements IS In The Book...

Hey Kem! Great to 'read' from ya, Bro!

You can find that reference in Matthew 25:31.

The same chapter also deals with the White Throne Judgement.

There is more of this further in the NT. I can supply more references later, if needed.

Mike Ramey

6. Kebah

Work
    Ratings:
    +1
    Re: Feel Free To Disagree...

Well, I'm sure you know an "Owners Manual" has various interpretations. Which makes your example...moot. ;)

Now, you've admitted to not being "a scholar", which bring me to my next point. There are probably many spiritual denominations on this board, so I'm asking that you please be very careful in what you say. Your interpretation of what ever you choose to use, must be done with caution as to not isolate other religions, and or beliefs to the point of degradation. Freedom of religion is very important in this country, and should be protected. In other words, continue to be as tactful as you've been, and I'll not have to......pray for you. :D But I'm sure you know all of this.

I've enjoyed reading you so far, although I dont agree with some of it. But this is America, huh? They'll be times I'll jump in if I'm around these parts.

Oh yes, I liked your reparations post, it was nice.

carry on.... ;)

kebah

7. Mike Ramey

Ratings:
    +17
    Sorry to hang you on this one, Kebah...

Why should one be 'politically correct' when they can be RIGHT!:toast:

Sure, this is America, and folk do have the right to disagree. Sure, this is America, and folk...even on these boards...are going to disagree on the topic of 'religion'. Owner's Manual (and I hate to break your heart, Kebah) are NOT subject to interpretation.

If that were the case, the next time you run low on gas, why not put water in your gas tank and run it on that? After all...if the Owner's Manual for your car says 'use Gasoline', and you choose to use anything other than what is in the Manual for your gas tank, you're the 'smart' one, right?

WRONG!

Same thing with the Bible. It is a living, breathing, Owner's Manual from God to man and woman how to best 'run' themselves to the best efficiency level possible under HIS direction.

Now, on the matter of denominations, denominations are manmade...not God intended. However, where God's word is welcome, that denomination IS on track. Where God's word is NOT welcome, nor obeyed, that denomination is wrong.

One does not have to be 'careful' if they have the truth on their side. The problem in our society today is that many people like to have their 'feelings' catered to, instead of being confronted with the truth. The truth is NOT relative, nor subject to interpretation.

The truth is still the truth. The ONLY difference is whether or nor someone will heed the truth you choose to share with them.

Mike Ramey

8. Kebah

Work
    Ratings:
    +1
    Re: Sorry to hang you on this one, Kebah...

I never stated anything about disagreeing with the truth, or that truth is subject to interpretation (even though it is).

Mike, those manuals ARE subject to "various" interpretations every day. I and many machanics have botched jobs while using manuels, only to find that they misinterpreted what writer intended. I just dealt with an arbitrator the other day concerning an automobile and it's manual AND warranty. I won. Why? The interpretation wasn't clear enough as to not be taken in another direction where it was otherwise intended. Which is what I'm speaking of. Man's truth's and interpretation.

What YOU deem as truth, is subject to interpretation...yours. :D

Sure, denominations are manmade, but the fact remains there are many in existance, whether wrong or not. This is due to many interpretations of the scriptures (manual).

Just admit that your manual example was weak, and we'll call it a day. Surely you should know that any book is subject to interpretation. Especially the Bible.

Regards,

kebah :D

9. Mike Ramey

Ratings:
    +17
    I didn't stutter when I posted...

So, I do remember what I said, Kebah, and I stand by it!

However, let's remember one other thing. The Bible did not originate with man. It originated with God, was paid for by Jesus Christ, and was passed on TO man via the Holy Spirit.

Man could not have 'created' something so wonderful.

The truth does NOT change and will exist, whether or not someone agrees with it. We can't see the air we breathe, but it is TRUE. We can't see the blood that runs in our veins, but it still is TRUE.

Would you go to a doctor who only told you what made you 'feel good'? Or, would you want your doctor to 'tell you the TRUTH' about your condition?

Would you want your wife/girlfriend to tell you want you wanted to hear? Or, would you want her to tell you the TRUTH?

No, Kebah...the truth SHALL stand. Whether or not you agree with it, does NOT change it.

Mike Ramey

10. wildflower7

wildflower7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

motherhood
    Ratings:
    +4
    With you bringing up the 2 Judgement seats and you saying that it does exist, does this relate to the common belief that when you die you go to heaven or hell?

I would like for you to give more Bible references please.

Thanks. -7:spinstar: