Black People Politics : The Joke About Mrs. Ben Carson’s Appearance Is No Laughing Matter

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Liberty, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,244
    She Matters: Social media is having a field day about her looks, and even though critics may have a point, she didn’t ask to be in the spotlight.

[​IMG]

There’s a particularly mean meme about presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson and his wife, Lacena, aka Candy, circulating around social media. In the meme, President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama are striking at the China state dinner Friday. President Obama is dressed in a well-tailored tuxedo, and the first lady has long, side-swept hair and an off-the-shoulder, custom-made Vera Wang gown.

The contrasting picture of the Carsons was taken in May,
    on the day Carson officially announced his candidacy for president in Detroit. He is dressed in an unremarkable but still presentable blue suit. It’s Candy Carson’s appearance that makes the meme funny to some (but not me). She is wearing a hairstyle and patriotic ensemble that is unflattering, ill-fitting and dated. The meme caption is a play on a popular DirecTV commercial that clowns its cable competitors for being subpar.

This is what my P.C. mind thinks: I’m no fan of presidential candidate Ben Carson. I don’t like his politics. He receives his fair share of ire from potential voters, but he asked to be dissected in the media, traditional and social, when he announced his bid for the presidency. Candy Carson did not. There are plenty of exceptionally valid reasons to rage about Ben Carson without adding his wife to the mix.

Read more
    http://www.theroot.com/articles/cul...arson_s_appearance_is_no_laughing_matter.html

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    she married carson.......she fair game

3. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,244
    They shouldn't be ranking on her. But, she could do a little better. I haven't seen a skirt like that since the 70's.

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

4. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,244
    I'm not sure when it started. But Jackie O was definitely a fashion icon.

5. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Wasn't even aware of this happening, interesting

6. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,244
    Yeah, I'd bet my bottom dollar that Ben chose those frumpy outfits.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ben carson wife appearance

2. ben carsons wifes appearance

3. behind proxies meme

4. ben carson wife