Black Spirituality Religion : The Jesus Papers

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
What if Jesus survived the crucifixion?

'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' author Michael Baigent makes shocking assertions against the conventional account of Jesus's death in his new book

• Jesus wasn't crucified?
March 28: The "Today" show's Lester Holt talks with Michael Baigent, author of the controversial book, "The Jesus Papers," and NBC's news analyst Father Thomas Williams.

• The mystery of 'The Jesus Papers'
• New book says Jesus survived crucifixion
• ‘Da Vinci Code’ takes on ‘Jesus Papers’
• Books: 'The Da Vinci Code' Lawsuit
• Bishops post site disputing ‘Da Vinci Code’
Updated: 4:19 p.m. ET March 27, 2006

"What if everything you think you know about Jesus is wrong? In The Jesus Papers, Michael Baigent reveals "the truth" about Jesus’s life and crucifixion.

Previously, Baigent has captured readers' imaginations with his provocative non-fiction work "Holy Blood, Holy Grail," in which he claimed Jesus was married. Now, while in the middle of a highly-publicized lawsuit with the publishers of "The Da Vinci Code" for copyright infringement, Baigent has an even more controversial premise that challenges much of what we know about Jesus: What if Jesus survived the crucifixion? "

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12039775/

Queenie :spinstar:

Hey Queenie,

You know there can be all kinds of theories. The Muslims believe that God played a trick and made Judas look like Jesus so the people crucified Judas and Jesus got away. The bible of course gives us two conflicting versions of the demise of Judas which makes it a questionable source.

The truth about Jesus may be written somewhere.. But is there any source that can be varified outside itself? As the saying goes an idea is most dangerous when it's the only one you've got.

NNQueen said:
What if Jesus survived the crucifixion?

'Holy Blood, Holy Grail' author Michael Baigent makes shocking assertions against the conventional account of Jesus's death in his new book

• Jesus wasn't crucified?
March 28: The "Today" show's Lester Holt talks with Michael Baigent, author of the controversial book, "The Jesus Papers," and NBC's news analyst Father Thomas Williams.

• The mystery of 'The Jesus Papers'
• New book says Jesus survived crucifixion
• ‘Da Vinci Code’ takes on ‘Jesus Papers’
• Books: 'The Da Vinci Code' Lawsuit
• Bishops post site disputing ‘Da Vinci Code’
Updated: 4:19 p.m. ET March 27, 2006

"What if everything you think you know about Jesus is wrong? In The Jesus Papers, Michael Baigent reveals "the truth" about Jesus’s life and crucifixion.

Previously, Baigent has captured readers' imaginations with his provocative non-fiction work "Holy Blood, Holy Grail," in which he claimed Jesus was married. Now, while in the middle of a highly-publicized lawsuit with the publishers of "The Da Vinci Code" for copyright infringement, Baigent has an even more controversial premise that challenges much of what we know about Jesus: What if Jesus survived the crucifixion? "

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12039775/

Queenie :spinstar:

Peace My Queen,

good ?

what if it wasn't Jesus at all?

Well, during my Christian days if I could accept such a theory, it would cause me to question my faith completely. Part of what gives Christianity its power is the belief that a human being was God. Jesus not dying and being married would challenge this premise.

As a non-Christian the not being crucified part is still a little surprising, but I am not affected by the possibility of him being married. Assuming Christian doctrine has some truth about it, (which I believe it does), I believe Jesus was just really evolved spiritually. He was not God, or anything else non-human. I believe all humans have the capacity to get to that state, and in non-Westernized cultures there are already those who possess higher forms of spiritual power that allows them to 'manipulate' things. So to me him doing something that is human is not that shocking, nor does it take away from all that he did during his time on earth.

I believe that what the bible says happened with Jesus did happen. What a lot of people don't take into account is there is Jesus; son of Man.., and there is Jesus; son of God. Jesus, son of God, did return to the Father, after occupying the body of Jesus, son of man. Jesus, son of man could have went to France and took a wife. but it's like So what.
And as far as the story of Judas goes, who you gonna believe, John, who was there... or Paul who wasn't there? People..., Paul, alone with Moses and a few others in the bible were just examples of what God can do to or with anybody.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back