Destee's Thoughts The Intimidation of this Community

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

I wouldn't say intimidating, to me it's more disheartening. I see a LOT of defensive, victim minded people stuck in the past making excuses for negative behavior on our part and when new progressive ideas to help us move forward are presented they are shot down with excuses. Obama used "Hope and CHANGE" as his slogan and became the first biracial president yet our people refuse to change. I don't feel comfortable posting ideas of change here when we are using the same old negative victims excuses that KEEP us in the shape we are in.

Welcome to Destee.com, Black Squared,

Is there any chance our editor position interests you? If so, please click and respond to the link below:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=630772&postcount=29

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
oh nooooo....

I wouldn't say intimidating, to me it's more disheartening. I see a LOT of defensive, victim minded people stuck in the past making excuses for negative behavior on our part and when new progressive ideas to help us move forward are presented they are shot down with excuses. Obama used "Hope and CHANGE" as his slogan and became the first biracial president yet our people refuse to change. I don't feel comfortable posting ideas of change here when we are using the same old negative victims excuses that KEEP us in the shape we are in.
:10500: another neocon

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Brother Black Squared ... yeah, you can be disheartened, but you could be encouraged too. It's a choice.

Yes, no doubt, we have lots to be disheartened about. We could go down that road, and never see the light of day again. Consider the fact that Our Beloved Ancestor Marcus Garvey was telling us about 100 years ago, learn to feed yourselves or die, and we are no closer to that now, than then. Some would say we're even further away, so yes, there is reason to be disheartened.

But at the same time, there is hope, there is change, we do come from a great people, survivors, where one or two or three or four will be able to break through, make a way, conquer new ground, provide new and exciting examples, motivate the masses, show us honesty, truth, daring. One of those may even be here, sharpening their presentation skills, or encouraging the next great leader unbeknownst to even them.

Yeah ... we're in a tight spot, and while we can't help but be a bit disheartened, we have no choice but to use it to encourage ourselves.

We have no choice.

Oh ... by the way ... I have already spoke on how impressed I am with you. You did what few Black Men do here, probably what few Black Men do anywhere. You did that. It took courage. I was impressed, as I'm sure others were, perhaps even some young Brother you don't even know.

Don't be disheartened, remain forever encouraged.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
oh nooooo....

:10500: another neocon
Brother James ... you're so accustomed to being able to do this, call people names, make the discussions personal ... but you must stop now.

You've got to keep it on topic, or at the very least, if you're going to make it personal ... say something kind about the Member ... don't call them out of their name.

Please. Thanks. Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Black People : Do you hate me cuz I'm pretty?? A spirit of intimidation Black People Open Forum 13
KWABENA Black People : VOTER INTIMIDATION Black People Open Forum 13
HODEE Black People Politics : JOE BIDEN’S AGENDA _ FOR THE BLACK COMMUNITY Black People Politics 3
O Black Positive People : Building community! Black People Doing Positive Things 5
HODEE Black People Politics : New Era of Public Safety: An Advocacy Toolkit for Fair, Safe, and Effective Community Policing Black People Politics 1
HODEE Black People Politics : Black and Asian Community Leaders Reveal What Would Happen If Our Communities Unite Black People Politics 1
N The Front Porch : Introduction. Hello Community. The Front Porch 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : US city to pay Reparations to African-American community with tax on marijuana sales Black People Politics 0
Ndugu Black People : Harriett Tubman House ; Community housing, and center , has been sold in Boston Black People Open Forum 2
Ndugu Black People : If Texas Black Community is going through hell then we all are ! Black People Open Forum 4
T Black People : What are issues in the black community ? U.S. Black People Open Forum 26
Ndugu Black Positive People : Jaden Smith's water company , is working to help Flint community with a new filtration system Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Ndugu Black People : Trump has put a Lock Down , on all Pro-active Black Community Convo , online! Black People Open Forum 14
Ndugu Black People : Emergency for a Wall! Next>.. Emergency for tanks in the Black community? Black People Open Forum 7
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ The History of Grandmothers in the African‐American Community Black Women 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : 'Hotep' — Community Action in East New York Black People Open Forum 13
True Hebrew Black People : Building Our Community Black People Open Forum 34
Lunar Cycle Black Money Business Jobs : Asian Couple Purchases An Actual Whole Street In A Whites Only Frisco Gated Community (OUCH) Black Money Business Jobs 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Ramadan in Philadelphia's African American community Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Liberty Law Forum : Are There Any Solutions to the Gun Violence Problem In the Black Community? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 11
Bennu-Sopdet The Front Porch : Current State of the Kemetic Community The Front Porch 4
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : Sankofa Community Affairs w/ @SalimAdofo featuring @RWinbush - Reparations Now! #40Acres African American History Culture 4
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : Video: DL HUGHLEY: THE REASON ATHLETES AND CELEBRITIES CANT FIX THE BLACK COMMUNITY Audio Video Web Conferencing 8
Liberty Black People : What happened to the Black Conscious Community and our Movement? Black People Open Forum 83
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : #BuyBlack 2016: 50 Holiday Gift Ideas That'll Keep Money in Our Community Black Money Business Jobs 1
M Science and Technology : Creating an iOS + Android app for my community! Science and Technology 2
Queenie Black People Politics : How can you build a Black community while living in a white one? Black People Politics 9
Destee Site News : New Community Features - (share if you find any) Announcements 16
jamesfrmphilly Black Sports : kenny smith challenges players to put 10% of their salary into the community.... Black Sports 48
Liberty Black People : Sundiata Cha-Jua/Real Talk: Breaking the cycle of gun violence in the black community Black People Open Forum 3
Liberty Black People Politics : Newark Mayor Ras Baraka Ushers In Change With “Power, Politics & Community Reinvestment Summit” Black People Politics 2
Liberty Health and Wellness : White Scientist Says The Black Community Is Being Targeted By The Medical System, They Are Deliberat Black Health and Wellness 6
chuck Black Education / Schools : What Did Undermine Community Control Of Our Schools?!? Black Education / Schools 7
Destee Black People : How To Become a Member of the Online Black Conscious Community? Black People Open Forum 22
OldSoul OldSoul : The Cabula 12: Brazil’s police war against the black community OldSoul 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Money Business Jobs : How 2 Million Jobs Can Be Created in the Black Community Black Money Business Jobs 1
Al D Black People : Gouldtown NJ Americas Oldest Negro Community Black People Open Forum 0
Al D Black People : Gouldtown NJ Americas Oldest Negro Community Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People Politics : What Does It Take To Make A Difference In Your Community? Black People Politics 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : A Closer Look At Police Killings This Year Debunks A Big Myth About Community Violence Black People Politics 0
Liberty Law Forum : Gun Control and the Disarming of the Black Community Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
Destee Gun Ownership : Umpqua Community College in Oregon Shooting - Chris Harper Mercer - Gunman Identified Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 7
Liberty Black Money Business Jobs : 3UFIRST.com Challenges Black Athletes, Entertainers, and Community Black Money Business Jobs 2
Liberty Black People Politics : Obama Pushes “College Promise” Plan for Free Community College Black People Politics 2
Black Phoenix Black People Politics : Is Trump Right? A Look at What Obama's Done for Black Community Black People Politics 21
RAPTOR The Police : Black Police Chief Makes Community Policing Work...Then Gets Fired Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital opens its doors in South Los Angeles Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Police shootings prompt community action in Texas Black People Politics 1
RAPTOR Black People : 'White people are less likely to be gay': Poll reveals African-American community has highest percen Black People Open Forum 27
RAPTOR The Police : ‘We Finally Got One of Those Animals’: Community Organizer in Ferguson Recounts Arrest Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3