Black People : The Internet Brought Me

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by dunwiddat, Oct 13, 2012.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    .....in contact with two people I met online.

I was a member of this black site. I met two ladies, one was from originally in Jamaica and US Virgin Islands. Both were and are still living in the US. We became friends. Both of them came to visit Barbados on a cruise ship and they came to my work place and visited me..since the ship was only staying for a day. That was so wonderful... :) We emailed each since then but we have not contacted each other for while. I never thought that would happen. My grandmother would always say, What don't happen in a year can happen in a day.

At this same site, I chatted with a man who mentioned that he knew a lady from Barbados who was living in Philadelphia and the woman is a cousin of my ex husband. The Internet has really revolutionised the way people connect.

I was able to make some crochet name doilies for most of those that were close to me. I sent them to New York where one of the members live. Some of the members had a get together and she distributed them. I really enjoyed doing that.

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Yes the internet is a good way to meet lots of wonderful (and crazy people)...I have 3 friends who I've know for over 10 years that I initially met online...We still talk to this day...One just happens to be my ex-fiance. Him and I still stay in contact and that's been almost 10 years of knowing him also.

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    It's brought me to some real understanding of just HOW diverse this world is. What people never say in the streets, they sure do so online, and you see some real deep opinions expressed. Some filled with great hate, while others a vast amount of love. Some are far impossible sounding while others seem just the tip of reality.

It's all insanity on the Internet, really. Lol.

I've never met a person I've talked with frequently on the web though. I've wanted to, and have even set up meetings before, but no go because either the means wasn't there, or things became inconvenient.