Black Positive People : The Inspirations Behind "I Have a Dream"

Martin Luther King Jr. talking to Harry Belafonte: “I said, ‘What’s the matter, Martin? You seem very agitated.’ He said, ‘Well, I am, because I’ve come upon a thought that I don’t know how to deal with at this moment.’ I said, ‘Well, what is it?’ He said, ‘We’ve fought long for integration. It looks like we’re gonna get it. I think we’ll get the laws,” he says. “But I’m afraid that I’ve come upon something that I don’t know quite what to do with. I’m afraid that we’re integrating into a burning house.’”
http://www.walkingbutterfly.com/2012/01/16/mlk-jr-were-integrating-into-a-burning-house/

:popcorn:

In '63 there may have been a 'dream', but today's speech and speaker made mochery of that and in his eyes I saw visions of king's nightmares...

Please show me where I've tried to refute it.

How can one refute something said by another. Even Farrakhan repeated this on Tavis Smiley's old show, awhile back.

You may have misunderstood.

Lol. - I don't know how many times I have quoted what u just quoted in the past and you've tried to refute it!

I think someone wants to finally open up about this resident and the 50 yesr old dream that he has ecploited for the last 8 1/2 years...

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

MLK's Dream Inspires a New March, and a President

Standing on hallowed ground of the civil rights movement, President Barack Obama challenged new generations Wednesday to seize the cause of racial equality and honor the "glorious patriots" who marched a half century ago to the very steps from which Rev. Martin Luther King spoke during the March on Washington.
In a moment rich with history and symbolism, tens of thousands of Americans of all backgrounds and colors thronged to the National Mall to join the nation's first black president and civil rights pioneers in marking the 50th anniversary of King's "I Have a Dream" speech. Obama urged each of them to become a modern-day marcher for economic justice and racial harmony.
"The arc of the moral universe may bend toward justice but it doesn't bend on its own," Obama said, in an allusion to King's own message.

suggested reading:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-embodies-kings-dream-struggle-20089903

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back