Black People : The Inevitable Return To Horse & Buggy...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Solutions for Tomorrow's Future.

The real President of America will be neither Black or White, but Green. Along side theories about the New World order and the Illuminati are true green initiatives that are working hard to educate those of us in the dark about how much energy we waste, and how many jobs we can create by learning how to generate the energy we need to survive.

You flip on the light switch and the bulb turns on. Some company has grown very wealthy by making this possible. But what if a day came when you turned on that light and nothing happened, not because you didn't pay your bill, but because the power grid that feeds electricity into your home no longer works.

How to Make a Solar Power Generator for Less Than $300
    http://www.rain.org/~philfear/how2solar.html

The point is, energy plays a major role in our everyday lives. The sad reality however is that the US Government does not want the public to know how readily available the energy that we use everyday is.

Take for example biodiesel. The diesel engine was built to be powered by oils like peanut oil, hemp etc. But how many in the American public really treat this information seriously? Hello? It means there is NO GAS CRISIS if you have a diesel powered vehicle. In fact, some people are driving on straight vegetable oil with an UN-modified diesel engine. But I guess because this information is not being stuff down our throats on CNN 24-7 it doesn't appear to be significant or true. But it is true...

Or you could return to horse and buggy, which might be the inevitable choice for people who believe themselves to be too poor to make a serious difference in the world.

But we're not just talking about "going green" we are also talking about keeping more money in our pockets and creating jobs that even the average joe can perform. For example, not everyone will want to make their own biodiesel. Some people are out there driving for less that 70 cents a gallon. Now if someone wanted to go into business producing biodiesel for their community surely they will be able to see a profit.

Not everyone will want to build their own solar generators. This is the direction our minds should be going at this point, and also what we should be educating the youth about since they are the ones what will inherit this mess.

There are all types of cheap solar powered devices out there, one very popular one is the "solar sizzler" this means you can cook your food in a crisis situation. Solar pots can also be used for boiling rain water.

It's not just about "saving the environment" so the speak, even though this is the major driving force for most people involved in the green movement. For most of our people it will be about making money period. It's not just an environmental solution but an economical solution. There are also Fashion designers popping up all over the place who are re-designing clothing that you already own. That's a job. You have a shirt or pair of jeans that has lost it's style and flavor, you send it in to them and they make it more fashionable, bring it back to life.

Solutions are all over the place if we are willing to take the time and look.

2. lite16

lite16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self-employed
    Ratings:
    +3
    Brother Metasaience-
    Pearls of wisdom. You take it there no matter what the subject. You mentioned something in your post that I thought was only mine.. hmm. Maybe I need to move faster than I previously thought.

I need to look for that solar pot. But for real, if you throw money in the people's face they will listen. Especially now, but you know these corporations are really pushing there ish now. I've noticed a slight desperate tone in the advertisements lately.

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

My Dad told me the same thing before he passed almost 20 years ago.

Peace

4. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. OM- all great musicians keep their "ear to the streets" - some of them are blessed enough to feel the truth! Sis. Lite16- it's time for all of us to move just a little faster. We can afford a Green lifestyle. We were green in Africa why can't we be green here? Even for those of us who are choosing to repatriate back to Africa- you'll be going green also.

As this economic crisis grows, we need to ask ourselves questions about our "basic" survival needs. Bartering is one good way to make sure your needs are met, but who would you be bartering with? Farmers, who are your local farmers? Are there people in your community that grow their own food? This is also part of the green movement.

Are these ideas impossible?
    How has Amish people survived so long away from the outside world? The Amish are perhaps the "realest" Christians in America.
    [​IMG]

Main crops raised by Amish in Lancaster County, in order of acreage, are corn, hay, wheat, tobacco, soybeans, barley, potatoes, and other vegetables. Farmers also grow various grasses for grazing. Corn, grain, and hay crops usually stay on the farm for feeding livestock. Tobacco, potatoes, some grain and hay plus vegetables are raised for marketing. Farming is done with horsedrawn equipment with metal wheels (no rubber tires)."

PS. Sis. Lite16 - the "recycled" clothing market is the hottest fashion trend right now, get on the ball as soon as possible.

5. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Videos of interest....

Solar powered homes. How much is it worth to you?

Our people should be at the forefront of the solar powered movement. First because we are solar people, second because of our relationship with the Sun, and 3rd because it makes better sense to get power from the Sun than to give power to electrical companies that use our collective dollars in invest in our destruction. If we are sincere about change then we must understand change begins at home first. Why can't we build solar powered communities instead of toxic projects?

No we are not talking about a utopia, we are not talking about eco-communities built for the rich. We are talking about elemental co-existence, when the poorest among us cannot afford to live they must do the unthinkable to survive. If that paradigm changes, then those who profit from off the poor must also change. Look at dome technology for example, it's actually just like throwing up a hunt, it's cheap- if you have access to land you can make a very well designed home in less than a week.

As I've mentioned on several threads already-Dome home construction is the future. These homes are more conducive with the environment, more stable and easier to construct. They also survive tornadoes, hurricanes and earthquakes.

Building a Cheap Geodesic Dome for under $50

What about clean drinking water?
    Water Harvesting.

But don't wait for FEMA. Get your own.
    http://www.greatwaternow.myxziex.com/retail/retail.php

Search on Ebay for: Green Water Machine - Pure Water from Thin Air
    The price is about $1750.00 which would be a very good investment considering how important water is to survival. If that price seems too steep, it would take sense to go in with others close to home who can also benefit from the use of the machine. 1750 three ways? About $584 and you have all the water you need. Plug in into your solar generated dome home and you're good to go.

Some of these ideas might sound "pie in the sky" but all of them are actually already in place for hundreds of people in America, the overall collective however are still in the dark. I'm just like most of you, but I am visualizing myself using all of these methods provided here.

With the amount of money we can save utilizing these solutions, we can use that to focus on food supply. I know this all sounds like an emergency plan, it is- but also I'm talking about a radical change in lifestyle all together and in order for any of this to happen it will take a great deal of cooperation.

Are there local farmers in your city? If so can you afford their products, can you barter with these farmers? Think on this:

http://www.growerscollaborative.org/

No matter what city you are in, you should know where you will be getting your food supply, unless you are growing food in the backyard- most likely you are getting it from the supermarkets like the rest of us. Guess what, supermarkets don't have to sell you food- IF- something hits the fan. Where will you get your food, water and supplies? These are things we need to start thinking about right now.

Quick emergency tip. Get storage if your place is too small to store a year's supply of food. You can go in with another family for this as well. Store as much dry food as you can. Store water in large glass containers and not plastic, as plastics will leak toxins into the water over time.

[​IMG]
    We don't love them now but we'll love them then.

Down the line we really have to look at growing our own food. Don't have the land to grow your own food? Do you have homeowners around your city with big backyards, do you think they would object to you growing food in that yard?? Of course not. This is another way to barter.

Are these solutions? Or are we right back where we started?

[​IMG]

Isn't the green lifestyle just a new term for something old and ancient. Basically your learn how to survive your environment by wasting less.

Oh. Don't worry about missing a call, there are solar panels for cell phones too.
    [​IMG]

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Good points brother Meta.

In reference to the "recycled clothing market" in the late 70s me and some of my musician friends started shopping at a few recycled/thrift clothing stores near and around LA's Melrose Ave and some folks used to laugh at me for wearing "vintage" clothing. Many of those same store later became high-end "boutiques" selling the same clothing but packaged as vintage. Not sure if I will ever resort to horse and buggy. Im more into public transport but I get the point for those who are homeowners especially in the burbs. While in ATL I piked up a good book on global warming with lots of links to Green Revolution sites. I will post the link when I dig it out, maybe later Saturday afternoon or evening.

7. lite16

lite16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self-employed
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bro. Omowalejabli- please post when you find it. I'm sure it has great resources for us here.
    Metasaience- I wish I was a premium member, so I could PM or email you!!

8. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
  9. mardukson

mardukson Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Meta

Nice that you mentioned the importance of having land to be able to survive under any circumstances.

I put no stock at all in having a Black President of the U.S., or in becoming "Successful" in this system-- not because I have anything against achievement--especially if you can get it without selling yourself to this system), but because I believe that instead of giving our energy to their "empire" which has to this very moment treated us like nonentities, we should invest our energies into building our own like we did after we were freed from slavery.

Then, we never thought we were going to be intergrated, or part of the White world, so we were all into carving out our own, and damned successful at it in a few years--coming up from zero.

The only problem was that we had no protection under the law.

Everytime Whites wanted something we had, or got jealous of something we built, they just took it or tore it down.

I think what MLK did was try to "Humanize" us in the eyes of the less hateful White majority so we could get some kind of security with our lives, dignity and property.

But as always, when the devil concedes something right to you, its going to find the angle to make it a bane to you at the same time.

I think a lot of Black people in the Country--especially the men--have an internal, spiritual aversion to giving their all to this system that they don't even understand themselves.

Who in their deepest consciousness would want to work hard at building up a system/reality that they know is against them--not only in this Country, but all over the world?

If we were building our own, there will still be people who won't want to do their share of the work, but I believe that with the right Leaders, Education, and yes, spiritual beacon, most of us would put the effort into building our own that we could never bring ourselves to do for a system that we internally know is determined to either destroy, or enslave us.

I mean; how do you find comfort in a place where people run for the leadership and get elected to the leadership year after year, by singling you out for scorn and alienation?

10. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Mardukson, thank you for your powerful words. I too place no great stock in this system nor it's leadership, I do put a great deal of stock in Black people and our ability to do anything we put our minds too.

I've been saying for years this system deserves to fall, knowing full well I, along with millions of our people are attached to it. But when you're close to the ground already, you really don't have that far to fall. If I could pass some magical bill, it would be a bill that ensures that every dollar we spend as a nation of Black people would benefit a nation of Black people. I believe if Lil' Sammy on the block can change the oil in an automobile just as professionally as a White Mechanic 10 blocks away we should invest in Lil' Sammy's survival by allowing him to do so and paying him just as much or even more. This is the type of thinking that keeps stable families, communities and nations.

You don't have to be psychic to know if a Man can't make money for his family he will have family problems and those family problems turn into nation problems. I understand the political quest to elect Obama, and I certainly hope "the inspiration" of a Black Man as the president of the US will create the motivation for us to see how important it is for us to create our own means of survival and focus less of Government and their leaders to do for us. In fact, Black America should be a privatized cooperation.

Land and homeownership is more important now than before. Unfortunately, there will be a shrinking gap for equity in homes and the overall investment of real estate in order to flip a profit. Those days might be over. In fact, we might see a growth of "Government owned" homes. Meaning instead of the bank owning your home it will be the Government. Obama mentioned this. This is not a good thing. At all. If this $700 billion dollar bailout goes thru we might see more of this in the future. But I still say "land" ownership is important because of the building factor. More groups will have to look into purchasing land together, some credit unions are doing this also. We should be able to purchase land and build our communities.

And yes you do have the factor where Whites seek to destroy what we build. N-ggertowns are they have been called in the past. Those issues can be fixed by those who remain conscious of those problems. The trick might to create "green" communities instead of black communities. Sometimes we have to learn how to re-title and re-define the things we want to protect.

Change is scary. And hopefully this information here can help us to see that we can create a world that makes less and less our our enemies rich. We can create the jobs we need just by servicing our people.