Black Money Business Jobs : The Importance of Saving $85 a Month

I guess I'm more fanatical than most, but I'd recommend saving 50% of your paycheck and live on the half.

You'll have tons of money saved to buy stuff outright with cash or whatever.

That's good but there are so many families who can't do that
while i do have a scale /goal each year to withold i also know the greater need of now
i agree cash for items and things needed then use a credit card is better and i do look
into rare fines /value collectibles silver/gold/copper and coins

I also look for anything with a face value like properities while working with a small
amount of money

If you could save anything weekly or bi-weekly is a plus for down the road of hardship

Shikamaru, sounds like you live below your means. I think that is a good and wise way to be. I adher to the idea of paying cash for things.

I'm trying to get back to my personal best i.e. 75% of my paycheck saved. I lived off 25% at that time and still was able to goof off :).

I still use credit cards, but I pay them off before close of the month.

Cash is still king.

That's good but there are so many families who can't do that
while i do have a scale /goal each year to withold i also know the greater need of now
i agree cash for items and things needed then use a credit card is better and i do look
into rare fines /value collectibles silver/gold/copper and coins

I concur.
On the flip side, that same family will have a cable bill, magazine bill, cell phone bill, and other non-essential expenses.

I would not seek out rare coins or numismatics.
If you seek to buy the cheapest coins with the most metal content, you'll come out more profitable by weight in dealing with hard money.

$$RICH$$ said:
I also look for anything with a face value like properities while working with a small
amount of money

If you could save anything weekly or bi-weekly is a plus for down the road of hardship

If you are employed, here is a neat trick to boosting your take home pay: adjust your W-4.
You could boost your take home pay by $50-$100 per check by simply adjusting your withholding schedule.

I guess I'm more fanatical than most, but I'd recommend saving 50% of your paycheck and live on the half.

You'll have tons of money saved to buy stuff outright with cash or whatever.

How can one do this?

In my area, the rent alone takes away half of our paychecks. And we live in a very middle-class area.

The only way I could start saving in the first place was literally putting away $1 here and there.

How can one do this?

In my area, the rent alone takes away half of our paychecks. And we live in a very middle-class area.

The only way I could start saving in the first place was literally putting away $1 here and there.

I'd aim for a minimal savings of about $30 a month. This is approximately the amount for a 1 oz. American Eagle silver coin.

You'll have to cut expenses and expenditures.
You'll need to optimize your personal business to increase savings and reduce payments.

Example:
Pay off lower balance credit cards first. Right there would be $25 - $100 a month an individual could save from a portion. Take the remainder and pay off other cards. You'd be surprise how much you actually have when you aren't paying it out on credit cards. This is the "snowball method" recommended by Dave Ramsey.

Move closer to work. This saves money on gas and wear and tear on your car.

If you have credit, refinance your debt to consolidate and lower interest rates. This will net additional savings.

Clean up your credit report. The higher your score, the cheaper it is to finance credit.

Re-negotiate your insurances, cable/satellite, DSL, phone, etc. for greater savings, lower rates, while maintaining about the same service. In fact, I've lowered my payments and received greater benefits and services from providers while doing this.

Shop around for insurance. You'd be surprised what kind of savings you can obtain. Also review your policy for savings.

After achieving this increase in money savings, take that to begin stocking your "treasury".

This is from personal experience.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back