Black Money Business Jobs : The Importance of Appearance for Job Searchers

If they own the business, it's their right...unless it's a government agency or taxpayer funded.
IF it's a private business, they should be able to do what they want to do..
not a lawyer but i don't think you have a right to discriminate.

No, not really but I accept the reality that people use their own personal discriminators and if someone didn't want me around because I have natural hair, I don't want to be around them either.

Hair processing can be unhealthy for African people. What's more, "natural hair" is as it sounds "natural hair." To find 'personal discriminants' as 'natural hair' is like finding 'personal discriminants' as 'natural skin tone.' I understand you believe you have tons of options, but do you honestly think everyone has 'tons of options' and giving 'employers' free reign to discriminate against African people is anyway conducive to a better situation for African people?

If they own the business, it's their right...unless it's a government agency or taxpayer funded. IF it's a private business, they should be able to do what they want to do. When I was hiring, I didn't knowingly hire homosexuals. I don't want the government telling me that I had to...that's an assault on my freedom.

Your freedom to do what? To deprive another individual from supporting his/her family?

What exactly is your ethical system? I'm very uninterested in further conversation.

:toast:

This is very true. The only place I see that hire people with tats are mom, and pop operations. My job will commit you to memory if you can in looking for a job looking and dressed this way. No tats are allowed on the neck period. Tats on the arms have to be covered, as well as ones on the chest and legs. So unless a person what to be stuck wearing a certain style of clothing (long sleeve vs short sleeves) they should not work at my job if the have tats. I know, I have tats on both of my lower arms and I can't even roll up my sleeves, I don't anyway, but I'm just saying.

Also, I wear earrings, and so does the boss. But there is a line no one can cross like wearing tubes, spikes, etc. Your ear cannot be cluttered with earrings....And saggin...well somethings need not be spoken on....LOL

Peace!

As I ride the bus everyday I see youth tatted up and often ask myself how will these young people find jobs especially with tats on their neck and face, even on their bald heads.

I worked ten years at a school where some youth falsely accused me of showing off tats in class. The principal tried to write me up so I took off work, went to the district's doctor and got a physical. The first thing I asked him was did he see any evidence of tattoos. He looked at me funny and then said no, and cleared me.

I coached basketball, ran with my players every day and all the principal had to do was ask my players if this was true, but he didn't.

i agree that it is good to dress apropiately for a job.
some don't know how to do that and need to be taught.

what i pick up on is one group of black people using it as a means to put down another group.

seems like the old age/class game being played. 'hey you kids get off my lawn'.
we really need to get over that stuff.

Hair processing can be unhealthy for African people. What's more, "natural hair" is as it sounds "natural hair." To find 'personal discriminants' as 'natural hair' is like finding 'personal discriminants' as 'natural skin tone.' I understand you believe you have tons of options, but do you honestly think everyone has 'tons of options' and giving 'employers' free reign to discriminate against African people is anyway conducive to a better situation for African people?
What makes me so special that I have options and others don't??? NOTHING Everyone has just and many options as I have. I didn't come from anything except a family that told me I gotta get out there and make right decisions and not be dependent upon anyone. My father wasn't around and my momma couldn't put me through college, but she taught me to stay out of trouble, to make positive decisions, and to be self-sufficient.

A better situation for African people is self-sufficiency. If you feel that the White race will always discriminate against African people, then go build something that doesn't depend on them!

Why is it that Afrocentric people want to openly express hatred for the White race, then demand that they support them? If you are so Afrocentric, be proud enough to be self-sufficient and build something that allows you to take care of yourself.

Your freedom to do what? To deprive another individual from supporting his/her family?

What exactly is your ethical system? I'm very uninterested in further conversation.

LOL, people who build stuff certainly think differently than people who don't. Do you think that if I choose not to hire you to work as my servant, I have deprived you from supporting your family??????? Go do what I did, go build something yourself!!! People who think like you will never build anything of substance but you want to anchor those that do to your ideas. You want to insist that those who are building should be strapped by your limitations. Go build a business with your blood, sweat, and tears then let me come and tell you that you owe me a job and you owe it to me to make me capable of supporting my family. You don't owe me squat! I can go do exactly what you did!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back