Black People : The Implant - Not for the squeamish

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Dec 11, 2004.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    "The uses will be limited, not by technology," writes Anderson, "but only by the imagination of government officials and their respect for our privacy."

http://www.warroom.com/america.htm

Do you trust your government enough to let them put this device in you? Your child?

2. islander

islander Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Emphatically...HELL NO!!! The implants already housed in animals have nothing to do with a little boy/girl crying over his/her lost pet, that's just an excuse to keep track of us. You can sell anything to almost anyone if you present it in a pretty package. I'm pretty positive that everything being said on this forum is being monitored by the government right now. Hello Big Brother!!!! Everybody wave to the new Hitlers!!! :wave:

3. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Keep your children close

A pretty package and an artificial need fueled by fear just like the World Trade Center made us blink and give up our rights for fear of our safety. It would not surprise me if there is a great increase in kidnapping and then the implant presented as the answer to our children's safety. Look at what's happening in the world. This isn't science fiction. This is real.

For African Americans this device could be especially dangerous. Who knows what the implant will be programmed to do--what instructions it might receive from a remote controller--what hackers can do when they learn how to break into the centralized database.

4. indya

indya Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +23
    I can understand where a chip would be helpful in healthcare. Maybe something worn around the neck, not an inplant. For older people having there health information on a chip would be helpful if they were out of town and needed medical help.

I work in a hosp. and it would be so much easier for people to have a chip with all of their info rather than lugging their x-rays and reports with them everywhere. Also many people forget to bring a list of the medications that they're on.

I think an implant is a bad idea, but a necklace or dog tags would be something to thing about.

5. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    they already exist for humans...many people are already implanted...
    the day is not coming .. it is here..
    and i agree "keep your children close"

how you doing river..miss you in haiku

6. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    no implants for me or my child!!

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    What bothers me most is thataccording to this article I already have this device embedded in the cochlear implant I received in 2000. "Effective August 29, 1993, the Safe Medical Devices Registration Act requires all prosthetic medical implants in humans to be identified with a rice-size biochip-the same kind that is being implanted in animals---which contains vital information." I know this is not the de facto mark of the beast which will be on the back of the hand or the forehead but it is the same technology. I've had this cochlear implant for four and a half years and never knew about this until I read this article.

Hey deepy! Be over there soon