Black Money Business Jobs : The illusions of a college degree

Shikamaru

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2011
What is a degree? From my perspective ....

A deed is any legal instrument in writing which passes, or affirms or confirms something which passes, an interest, right, or property and that is signed, attested, delivered, and in some jurisdictions sealed. A deed, also known as an instrument in solemn form, is the most formal type of private instrument requiring not only the maker of the deed (grantor, transferor) but also attesting witnesses as signatories. A deed has therefore a greater presumption of validity and is less rebuttable than an instrument under hand, i.e., signed by the party to the deed only, or an instrument under seal. A deed can be unilateral or bilateral. Deeds include conveyances, commissions, licenses, patents, diplomas, and conditionally powers of attorney if executed as deeds. The deed is the modern descendant of the medieval charter, and delivery is thought to symbolically replace the ancient ceremony of livery of seisin.

A degree is a deed conveying an academic rank, title, or award to a grantee.

What is a given purpose for a degree?

An academic degree admits a person into a society, in this case, a guild.
A guild can be a type of monopoly.

What are some illusions of a college degree?

How many people, particularly African-Americans, have degrees and are unable to obtain a job with those degrees?
How many people have degrees and are saddled with student debt that they may be unable to service?

I'm not advocating not obtaining a degree. I'm only pointing out some issues to weigh.

In my opinion, the eye on the prize should be property that one possesses and uses as well as institutions created and maintained which one controls. Always jealously guard one's interests.

a degree is nothing more than possible freedom papers for black people...
a degree might give u economic freedom and it may not...
but for black people ...if u don't have these papers
u will generally not be as successful as white people with no degree...
notice i said generally because every situation is different...

one love
khasm

a degree is nothing more than possible freedom papers for black people...
a degree might give u economic freedom and it may not...
but for black people ...if u don't have these papers
u will generally not be as successful as white people with no degree...
notice i said generally because every situation is different...

one love
khasm

My definition of economic freedom is different in that I define economic freedom as being economically self-sufficient.

Working for another is no economic self-sufficiency, in my opinion.

Acquiring the paper does provide access. That I cannot deny.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back