Black Women : The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan speaks to “Today’s Black Woman” expo

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by Pharaoh Jahil, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Aug 2, 2003
    Mother Earth
    +25 / -0
    The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan
    speaks to “Today’s Black Woman” expo

By News

[Editor’s note: The following article is an edited excerpt of a discussion between Cliff Kelley and Minister Farrakhan at the V-103 Black Women’s Expo held in Chicago, Illinois on March 13, 2005 at McCormick Place Convention Center. Click here to order this message.]

In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful.

Cliff Kelley (CK): One comment you make that I like is, notwithstanding who is elected, we cannot wait on a benevolent Caucasian in the White House to solve our problems. We can solve our problems, and to do that is through unity and a redefinition of morality.

The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan (HMLF): You would think that our problems need to be solved by the government. But every time the government allowed us to have a gain, after the suffering of our leaders and their followers, while we were celebrating the victory of the gain, the government was busy eroding that gain. So that 50 years after Brown v. the Board of Education, we are more segregated in schools now than we were then. We have more elected officials now than we have ever had. We have more mayors. We have more state representatives, more aldermen, more sheriffs. But the masses have not been empowered. The sad thing about this is that politics is valuable, but we must learn how it should be used, so that the little man can gain access to that which he hoped his vote would allow him or her to achieve. The fact that President George Bush has to review the Voting Rights Act is of concern. That right should have been universal, that those who were denied the right to vote would have that right and it would never have to be reviewed.

We have to make up our minds that we cannot depend on White people. We have to depend on ourselves. The question is, “Do we have what it takes among us to deliver us from our condition?” We have the brightest Black scholarship in the world here in America among us. When you think about the number of brilliant Black people that are at the top of every field of human endeavor, the problem is that we are not connected to the brilliant minds among our people. The moment they show brilliance, they are hired into corporate America where the masses of the people are not on their minds.

So what we have decided is that we must connect the learned Blacks in this country to the unlearned masses, so that the head will give direction to the feet and the hands, and we can become a people on the move.

Three quarters of a trillion dollars, they report, comes through the Black community. We are not poor. That money, when measured with other nations, would make us the 12th richest nation on the Earth. But we do not have any institutions that we build to satisfy our own needs. That is a travesty.

When Tavis Smiley asked various Blacks in leadership to come to Atlanta for his forum, “The State of the Black Union,” he wanted us to make a contract. He didn’t say outright that the contract would be with the government, like Newt Gingrich’s contract, but I thought a contract with White people is not wise, because their word means nothing.

But I have not seen a time when Blacks in leadership have been more responsive to a call to unite. Many of our great Black leaders—Elijah Muhammad for one and Kwame Ture, formerly known as Stokely Carmichael and, of course, Dr. Conrad Worrill— have called for a united front of Black leadership. We can call for it, but it has never happened. However, the time now is so ripe.

To read more, please go here.
  2. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Jul 25, 2004
    I'm going to check it out. Minister Farrakhan is like my grandfather. We are so close. My dad was his western regional representative. I have a pic of him with my dad on the picture album forum. Thanks for the link.
  3. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    Dec 20, 2004
    The rotten Apple
    +6,484 / -2

He's a beautiful brother & I believe truly a reflection of El-Hajj-Malik-Shabazz. His message should be heard by all........

Users found this page by searching for:

1. louis farrakhan speaks about the black woman of today