Black Muslims : The Holy Qu'ran

The above is quite a heavy start for most beginners. But, it is designed to fill the needs of all depending on their particular level familiarity with Arabic.

In this post, I shall attempt to show how easily Arabic can be learned, so that we do not get frustrated and discopuraged before we get started.

In Surah al-Alaq, we find this Ayat (or verse) which is Ayat #1:

Read: In the name of thy Lord Who createth

Transliterated, it is as follows:

96-1 iqra’ bismi rabbikalladhiy khalaq (http://www.qurantransliteration.org/quran/096/c96.htm)

To hear how it sounds, we may go here: http://quranexplorer.com/Quran/Default.aspx. To see it in Arabic script, we may also go to the same site: ٱقۡرَأۡ بِٱسۡمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَ (١

Nice start. Now let's break it down into letters.

The first letter is ا pronounced alif. It's sound is a as in car. The next letter is ق pronounced qaf or "q" as in Quran. The third letter is ـر‎ pronounced ra as in robot. And the final letter is عـ pronounced ayn as in apple. Thus the word is a-q-r-a: agra, or sometimes pronounced iqra, usually translated as "read" in English. Notice that we are reading from right to left.

So, we can now begin a discussion and questions and answers to make sure that we are all on the same track. Igra is what Surah al-Alaq ia about according to most interpretations.

As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullah

Ahki Aburratin,
I would like to invite you to a room that my Brother and I have established for dialogue between Muslim's. If interested you can email me or Tariq at these addresses:
Tariq@juno.com
Nasheed_1@hotmail.com.

Here we can study and discuss the Holy Qu'ran, the Deen, and the Ummah with Brothers and Sisters from all over in Salaam.

The name of the room is: ALLAH(SWT) Is The Best Of Creators.

As-Salaam Alaikum

Thanks for the invitation. But frankly, I do not see why it is necessary to discuss Islam in private. Islam, like all religions, is a universal religion. This means that all of mankind is welcome to become Muslims. By discussing Quran in public, we help to spread Islam by educating people in general. We also promote better understanding of Islam for those who are not Muslims and will not become Muslims.

The links that I have provided are free downloads. The purpose behind this generosity on the part of our brothers and sisters in Arabia is to promote good will and understanding among the peoples and religions of the world while educating Muslims. If we accept this Blessing, we can acquire Arabic and Islam at no monetary costs. This is one of things that make Islam such a beautiful religion: charity and generosity.

As-Salaam Alaikum

Thanks for the invitation. But frankly, I do not see why it is necessary to discuss Islam in private. Islam, like all religions, is a universal religion. This means that all of mankind is welcome to become Muslims. By discussing Quran in public, we help to spread Islam by educating people in general. We also promote better understanding of Islam for those who are not Muslims and will not become Muslims.

The links that I have provided are free downloads. The purpose behind this generosity on the part of our brothers and sisters in Arabia is to promote good will and understanding among the peoples and religions of the world while educating Muslims. If we accept this Blessing, we can acquire Arabic and Islam at no monetary costs. This is one of things that make Islam such a beautiful religion: charity and generosity.

I truly appreciate your response and I do agree with you. I have my reasons for my decision but will do my best to support your efforts Ahki. May ALLAH(SWT) grant you success in what you are doing.
The invitation will always be there if you choose to visit.
As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatuallah

The first word that we have studied is Iqraa, Arabic: ٱقۡرَأۡ. Let us review that quickly.

Reading from right to left, the first letter is ٱ. This is called Alif, pronounced “a” as in car. Noticed that Alif is modified by a little swiggle at the top. In this particular script available as free download, I am not very familiar with this swiggle. If anyone can help in understanding it here, please do so.

The script that is most familiar to me, we would find the letter “,”. This is a vowel that indicates that the “I” sound is pertaining. So in this case, Alif is made to sound like an “I” as in intelligent. The vowel “,” is called kasra in Arabic. (http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/hist455/vowels/vowels_pres.htm)
The next letter is qaf, Arabic ﻕ‎. The third letter is ra, Arabic ﺩ‎. The fourth letter is ayn, Arabic ﻉ‎. And the last letter is Alif, again.
Notice that the letters in the middle of the word assume a slightly different form from the stand alone, isolated version. Thus, ﻕ‎ looks like this: ـقـ‎. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_script)
The next word in Ayat 96:1 is bismi, Arabic بِٱسۡمِ. Reading from right to left, the first letter is ba or “b” which looks like this in isolated form: ﺏ‎, and this in the initial position: بـ‎. Notice that ba is modified by the kasra, Arabic ِ. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_alphabet)The next letter is ya, Arabic . Notice that it assumes different form as it changes position in a word (http://www.meem.freeuk.com/Ya.html). The next letter is sad, ص. Notice the different form in the middle of the word. Next we have mim, م
It looks like this in the end of a word: ﻢ. Underneath mim, we have another kasra. So, the final letter is pronounced “mi” as in me.

It was not easy to get this far. But, I am learning as I go. There are so many obstacles placed in the way that, learning Arabic is made extremely hard for the beginner. So, what we have done so far is extremely value to Africans to communicate with our brothers and sisters around the world.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back