Black Relationships : The History of the Institution of Marriage

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Does anyone know where the concept of marriage stems from? How far back does it go and how/when did it become a social expectation, including a prerequisite for having children? The existence of humans pre-dates marriage ceremonies, right? Why and when did someone decide it was a necessary custom to instill into a social regimen?

Queenie :spinstar:

NNQueen,

Does anyone know where the concept of marriage stems from?
Depends,are you talking about a government regulated marriage or the union between 2 people that would be defined in modern times as marriage?

How far back does it go and how/when did it become a social expectation, including a prerequisite for having children?
When the government got involved,I hear of many of our babies being born out of wedlock and things,but one must remember that the marriage happens before the wedding IF you have a wedding.

The existence of humans pre-dates marriage ceremonies, right?
THe existence of love and such pre-dates marriage ceremonies,so you are correct from my limited knowledge.

Why and when did someone decide it was a necessary custom to instill into a social regimen?
I have no clue.

NNQueen said:
Does anyone know where the concept of marriage stems from? How far back does it go and how/when did it become a social expectation, including a prerequisite for having children? The existence of humans pre-dates marriage ceremonies, right? Why and when did someone decide it was a necessary custom to instill into a social regimen?

Queenie :spinstar:

OOH!! OOH!! ME!! ME!! I DO!! I DO!! :wave:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back