Black People : The Hispanics Are Surpassing Us In Some Of Our Black Populated Areas

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chinelo, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Oh boy.....smh....i swear my phrophetic words keep coming to life.....smh....i done told people i don't know for how long, what all this stupid mixing and abortion these neanderthals done tempted some of these useful idiots in our community would do.......:hammer::hammer::hammer::em4200:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110414/ap_on_re_us/us_census_changing_cities#mwpphu-container

WASHINGTON – Hispanics now outnumber African-Americans for the first time in most U.S. metropolitan areas, shifting the political and racial dynamics in cities once dominated by whites and blacks.

Census figures released Thursday highlight the growing diversity of the nation's 366 metro areas, which were home to a record 83.7 percent share of the U.S. population. The numbers from the 2010 count are already having a big effect on redistricting in many states, where district boundary lines are being redrawn based on population size and racial makeup.

Hispanics became the largest minority group in 191 metropolitan areas last year, their population lifted higher as blacks left many economically hard-hit cities in the North for the South and new Latino immigrants spread to different parts of the country. That's up from 159 metro areas when the previous Census was taken in 2000, when Hispanics were most commonly found in Southwest border states.

The new metro areas include Chicago; Grand Rapids, Mich. and Atlantic City, N.J., whose states will lose U.S. House seats in the 2012 elections. Other places seeing rapid Hispanic gains compared to blacks were Lakeland, Fla.; Madison, Wis.; Oklahoma City and Omaha, Neb., due to the mid-decade housing boom that attracted many new immigrants seeking work in the construction and service industries.

The Census Bureau reported last month that overall Hispanic population jumped 42 percent in the last decade to 50.5 million, or 1 in 6 Americans. Blacks increased a modest 11 percent to 37.7 million, with declines particularly evident in big cities such as New York, Detroit, Cleveland, and St. Louis, Mo.

"A greater Hispanic presence is now evident in all parts of the country — in large and small metropolitan areas, in the Snowbelt and in the Sunbelt," said William H. Frey, a demographer at the Brookings Institution, who analyzed the census data. "From now on, local, state and national politicians will need to pay attention to Hispanics rather than treating blacks as the major minority," he said.

The political effects have been immediate. Analysts and black groups — including some members of the Congressional Black Caucus themselves — are acknowledging the possibility of fewer black-majority House districts, even as they fight to preserve, if not expand, their gains. That's because of slowing African-American growth in big cities and broader black movement over the last decade into once predominantly white suburbs.

Currently there are 43 members in the Congressional Black Caucus, which is mostly Democrat. Last November, blacks had a net gain of two seats in the House, including Republicans Allen West of Florida, who is a caucus member, and Tim Scott of South Carolina, who is not.

Republicans generally hold the advantage in redrawing the political maps after taking control of legislatures in many states in last November's elections. But many black legislators are pushing for strong enforcement of the federal Voting Rights Act from the Obama Justice Department, which must preapprove political maps for several states and ensure that minority voting power is not unreasonably diluted.

For example:

_In Missouri, Republican legislators have drawn up a redistricting map that would place Democratic Reps. William Lacy Clay, a Congressional Black Caucus member, and Russ Carnahan, who is white, in the same urban St. Louis district. Gov. Jay Nixon, a Democrat, has not said whether he would sign or veto such a plan.

_In Virginia, which is 20 percent black, the House's majority Republicans and the Senate's Democratic majority are at odds over whether to keep only one of its 11 U.S. House districts mostly black or add a second one. Republicans want to pack many of the state's black voters into the district of African-American Rep. Bobby Scott; Democrats hope to spread many of the black voters into a new black-majority district now represented by white Republican J. Randy Forbes.

_Ohio is one of two states losing a pair of seats, but it has only one black-majority district held by Rep. Marcia Fudge in Cleveland. It's doubtful GOP legislators will eliminate the district entirely, but there's a chance they could do away with a neighboring seat, setting up a potential race between Fudge and fellow Democrat Dennis Kucinich, who is white.

_Members of the Louisiana Legislative Black Caucus are challenging a new map that preserves five U.S. House Republican districts and one majority black district, saying they want a second black-majority district in a state that is one-third black. The plan, which passed the legislature Wednesday with the support of GOP Gov. Bobby Jindal, now heads to the Justice Department for review.

"The demographic phenomenon we're seeing could cause some big concerns in terms of African-American seats," said Kimball Brace, president of Election Data Services, citing improvements in racial integration between blacks and whites in many metro areas that will make line-drawing more difficult. "It's likely to make changes on how we view African-American seats."

In general, Republicans tend to favor packing minorities into a few districts, because it often affords a larger concentration of Republican-leaning whites in the remaining districts. Democrats typically support spreading sizable numbers of blacks among several districts to make otherwise Republican-leaning districts more competitive, even though that means election of minority candidates is less assured.

Frey described a new kind of politics potentially emerging that moves beyond racial lines, as seen in the recent mayoral election in Chicago, which is now evenly divided among whites, blacks and Hispanics. In that race, Chicago voters rejected the so-called "consensus" black candidate and two Hispanic candidates in favor of White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel, who is white.

The figures released Thursday show that the white share of the population declined in all 366 metro areas, while all but five showed gains in Asian population shares — Honolulu (slipping from 45 percent to 43 percent), El Centro, Calif.; Sioux City, Iowa; Logan, Utah; and Kokomo, Ind.

U.S. metro areas showing the biggest drops in white shares due to rapid Hispanic growth over the last decade were Napa, Calif. (69 to 54 percent); Las Vegas (60 to 48 percent) and Orlando, Fla. (65 to 53 percent).

:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Just won't listen to the wise words of people, all this stupid idiot "we are all one" garbage, and while self hating brainwashed negroes crawl to every race trying to be near em, or like them.....you got hispanics,asians, and everybody else growing and wiping us out....STUPID!!!!!!!!!!:hammer::hammer::hammer:

We're failing our ancestors seriously, thats all i gotta say on this.....smh...

MA'AT

2. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Hispanics are not a race..LOL..

3. Chinelo

Chinelo Third Eye Is Always Open MEMBER

Removing LIES And Spreading The Truth
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    Don't matter, they're a mixed up hybridized new european for all intents purposes, because they sure as hell don't identify as "black", and the fact is whatever they may be, they have surpassed us in huge numbers, along with everybody else.....but yea just keep on LOLing at that, as if that makes you proud, thats why i say i know what you're about.....:hammer:

Its funny that we're losing numbers like crazy,and therefore any type of power, in any part of this society, we've been colonized under? Thats funny huh? Its funny that mixed breeds and everybody else under the sun is growing and we're decreasing? Thats funny to you huh?

MA'AT

4. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    So what's your solution? to keep calling people names? that is what I'm LOL about... you are insulting your own ancestors, and you are mixed your self but you refuse to admit it..LOL

so called ''hispanics' have that catholic influence, they believe in having a thousand kids at one time.... the numbers dosen't really surprise me.. if one takes a look at their culture, one can see that CLEARLY... rather than getting all emotional and calling people names.

5. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    There are black Latinos like myself and our numbers are growing as well.
    Black or African Latinos who do not identify with being white.

Hispanics are not all for white supremacy. Mecha and Azland are anti-whites

6. kde

kde Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +188
    Perhaps, but some black Hispanics do everything under the sun to avoid being called back or affiliated with anything Africa, when their very appearance betrays the way they embrace the land and identity of their oppressor.

7. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771

Yes you are correct, They are very foolish. I'm just saying not all are foolish.

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    One can understand and apreciate dispassionaltly the scientific fact that those groups with a culture will succeed and those without or who refuse to create one

will not!

The hispanics were not robbed of thier cutlure, we were and when we tried to regain some salient and life building forms of it during the 60s and 70s

the community was vehemently attacked

now either we try to regain some elements of it or watch 1/3 to 2/3 of the community languish into poverty when the wall street bubble bursts,

while other groups thrive with a 360 economic resource in their communities.

One thing that we as Black folks can lean from hispanics and latinos is to give up our hate and xenophobia

After the late 70s the xenophobia between various carribbean groups like Jamaican and Trinadadian, had exacerbated and every one despisd the Hatians

as where in the 90s, with the large influx of Mexicans and South Americans to NYC,
    there seems to be a real unity and soldarity between

Dominicans, Borinquas, Central Americans, Mexicans and South Americans

A people with a culture

have a solid family unit, a collective economic. focus, and a collective focus for the prosperity of their progeny

9. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I dont know what state or city that is in and NYC may have the largest population of Black hispanics

Panamanians, many who are more Pan African then us right here and most with a firm understanding of African culture since it is a part of the school curriculum down there

Light skinned and mulatto Domincans used to say that blend in stuff but,
    this younger generation in East NY, the Bronx and Washingotn heights identify as Black

10. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Thank you! So called Hispanics are NOT monolithic, they do not all ''deny their african heritage'' many... A LOT of them are quite proud, and many are REPATRIATING back to Africa. This is why i never follow propaganda, i TALK to real people!!

and i know what you mean about the Panamanians, i met a lot them (black ones) in Spain, and they treated me as if i was their long lost sister..