Food Discussion : The Hidden Dangers of Genetically Engineered "Frankenfoods!" (GMO FOODS)

Discussion in 'Food Discussion and Recipes' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Good Health,

The Hidden Dangers of Genetically Engineered "Frankenfoods!"

GMO Foods

Disclaimer: All information and results stated in this video are for information purposes only. The information is not specific medical advice for any individual. The content of this video should not substitute medical advice from a health professional. If you have a health problem, speak to your doctor or a health professional immediately about your condition.

Must-See video:

https://w3.newsmax.com/LP/Health/BW...il_job=1616448_04112015&s=al&dkt_nbr=adnkhuwv

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Not good enough Framily, don't buy it. GMO's remain unnatural and dangerous ... grow your own, as much as possible.

Here's the critical reason Bill Nye the Science Guy changed his mind on GMOs

... The process, he saw, was startingly precise — far more so than it had been 20 years ago:

“This is what changed my mind, is being able to do [sequence genes] 10 million times faster than they used to be able to do it … and being able to eliminate the ones not suitable for farming and susceptible to diseases and so on. We’re farmers, and we want them to come out the way we want them.” ...

[​IMG]

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-critical-reason-bill-nye-164000680.html

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Exactly, we'd know to stay away from 'em.

Bill Nye the Science Guy wants to label GMOs for a surprising reason

[​IMG]

Since flipping his stance on them recently (he said he opposed them in his latest book, then changed his mind after visiting a lab where they were produced), Nye has taken a stab at explaining his new view.

In the second of a two-part series for StarTalk Radio recently, he said that although he's in favor of GMOs, he would also support the idea of labeling them. This idea has been very controversial in pro-GMO circles, with supporters of GM food saying it could unfairly steer customers away from buying them.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-nye-science-guy-wants-165551067.html

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

This is not good Framily, smh. Let's hope Mr. Obama doesn't sign the legislation.

House passes bill to prevent mandatory GMO labeling

WASHINGTON (AP) — Food companies would not have to disclose whether their products include genetically modified ingredients under legislation passed by the House Thursday ...

[​IMG]

FILE - In this April 16, 2013, file photo, a customer shops for produce at the Hunger Mountain Co-op in Montpelier, Vt. Companies would not have to disclose whether their food products include genetically modified ingredients under legislation passed by the House Thursday, July 23, 2015. (AP Photo/Toby Talbot, File)

http://news.yahoo.com/house-passes-bill-prevent-mandatory-gmo-labeling-180801960--politics.html

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
  6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

:explode:

Screw The Activists, We Need A Scientific Approach To Regulating GMOs

Government regulation should be based on science, precedent and maybe even a bit of common sense, but when it comes to the oversight of food, the landscape has become an ideological quagmire. Controversies rage about what qualifies as “natural,” whether foods produced from organisms modified with modern techniques of genetic engineering (sometimes called “genetically modified organisms,” or “GMOs”) should be labeled as such, and more ...

[​IMG]

A demonstrator holds a poster during a World March Against Monsanto event in Lisbon Saturday, May 23, 2015. . (AP Photo/Armando Franca)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/henrymi...-scientific-approach-to-agbiotech-regulation/

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Why It Matters That GMO and Organic Foods Share This Secret

... Big Ag and organic companies alike know that an expert seal of approval can help put consumers at ease—or make them all the more wary. That’s why companies from both sides of the aisle are enlisting third-party experts to speak on their behalf, according to public emails between academics and food companies obtained by The New York Times.

These professors and scientists aren’t exactly on the company payroll, but they receive research funding, and they travel all over the country to speak at workshops, science centers, and lobbying events, either championing GMOs or demanding labels ...

http://news.yahoo.com/why-matters-gmo-organic-foods-share-secret-204413065.html

[​IMG]

8. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,246
    Thank you for these diet/nutrition threads. I love them. The more I read, the less I know.

From this thread I caught a link about the problems with soy products. My Aunt had warned me that there was a problem with eating too many soy products, but she didn't know any more than that. We use a lot of Soy Milk in our house. According the article from the link, it's the GMO's in the soy products that are problematic. So I can have my Soy, as long as it is organic.'

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Not a problem Liberty, no, not at all, yvw. On soy, your Auntie is correct and informed ...

THE DANGERS OF SOY
    If you follow what the government and food industry tells you like a broken record, you probably still believe that soy has some health benefits and that it’s a good idea to consume at least some. After all, what could be bad about the innocent soy milk or tasteless tofu?

Everything is wrong about it and we’ve been fed a bunch of lies. You have to consider the fact that all that you think you know about soy is the result of careful marketing over years and years that worked so well that everybody is now convinced that it’s a super-food that could feed the world and save the environment. If you head over to your local health food store, you’ll find that almost every packaged product is soy based. Most other products there are grain based, which renders those stores a place where vegetarians go to ruin their health, but this is a whole other story.

http://paleoleap.com/dangers-soy/

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  10. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,246
    Yep. Even the word "Super-Food" is nothing but a marketing tool. It has no scientific or medical basis. Every year there is another fruit or that these foods are nutritious... but they are not any more nutritious than other fruits and vegetables.

*hanging my head in shame*

I confess.... I spend a ton of money every week at Whole Paycheck, oh, I mean, Whole Foods.

Just one example... For the Silk Vanilla Soy Milk, Whole Foods charges $2.66 more than Krogers. But, Krogers is limited in their supply of organic foods, and health foods.