Black Spirituality Religion : THE HEBRAIC BIBLICAL MYTHS AND THE YORUBA HISTORICAL NARRATIVES

Amnat77

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 11, 2006
UK..not for long
Occupation
professional.
THE HEBRAIC BIBLICAL MYTHS AND THE YORUBA HISTORICAL NARRATIVES OF PARTRIACH ARAMFE (ABRAM), OONI (ISAAC), AND URUOBA (JACOB): SHOULD WE ALL BE COMPLACENT? NO!!!

By Wilson Ometan

My profound appreciation to the Greeks; Persians, Macedonians, Romans, Arabs, Turks, French and English who came to Egypt, spied on her and conquered her in 627 BCE, 525 BCE, 333 BCE, 50 BCE, 7 th century, 16 th century and 19 th century A.D. respectively.

Of these, my greatest respect goes to the Greeks who later became most of the Jews, they have strived to preserve the African Culture in the Bible even at our expense of changing most of the names. The now Europeans of the Mediterranean who were not known to have mythical gods, later proliferate in many gods after visiting Ancient Egypt which have more than 1000 gods. When it please them; our history becomes authentic and original but otherwise, the African history is all but myth. I disagree. African history is authentic, real and original and found in our Ancestral oral, archaeological, arts and traditional narratives. The Africans, the Ashkenazims including the Arabs at one time in history were Hapiru (Habiru) i.e. People without a state. “Labaya, the Lion Man (Lagbaja) too was a Hapiru in a land which stretch from Saudi Arabia to Ancient Egypt [The History of Ancient Israel; page 29, Michael Grant] (some my emphasis).

The Jews; one of the lineages arising from our Ancestor Abram (Abraham) should be respected and appreciated for keeping the tradition. But left with other children of Abram, some of the huge amount of our cultures would have been lost. While our Scholars who studied classic history are busy studying grammar and other modern history, the Jews were busy transforming the Bible. But in contrast, only the Jews were said to be oppressed, enslaved, raped and emasculated in Ancient Egypt. History dictates that those who went through these upheavals either lose their culture or die out. If so; how come the Jews remain strong and the great numbers of Blacks who left Ancient Egypt lost some of their Culture and identity. Tribute must be paid to the Judaic writers who re-wrote and re-edit the Abram history several times.

SO, WHO IS OUR PATRIARCH ABRAM (Abraham).

The Biblical Perspectives : The Bible made us believe that Abram the Mesopotamian was the Son of Terah who had Isaac, and Isaac begat Esau and Jacob. In Michael Grant's book quoted above, the Author said these names may not have existed. Michael Grant who is no ordinary history Author continued on page 30 paragraph 2 that, “So anachronistic, inconsistent and aetiological (the science or philosophy of causation ) are the legends that have gathered round the figures of the Patriarchs that it cannot be stated for certain that they ever existed at all”.

On the 29 th of October 1996, the New York Times in an article headlined “Scholars debate the origins of Yiddish and the migrations of Jews”, Arthur Koesler was quoted in his book, “The thirteenth tribe, published in 1996, where he suggested that the Eastern European Jews were not really Semitic, that they were largely descended from the Turkish Khazars who converted en-masse to Judaism in medieval times. In a 1993 book, Dr. Paul Wexler of Tel Aviv University , a linguist also expanded on Koestler's thesis in “The Ashkenazic Jews: A Slavo-Turkic people in search of a Jewish identity.

http://www.urhobo-world.org/AbramicHistory.htm

Kahlil Gibran said this about truth: ''Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'

I'm not a linguist so I cannot cross reference the author's assertions regarding the Yoruba language and ancient Hebrew.

I would like to clarify this point: If one was to translate 'beershaba' to English based on the author's assumptions that it is Yoruba, it would be 'bah she ba'...that is how we found it.

Water is OMI in Yoruba.

Kahlil Gibran said this about truth: ''Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'

I'm not a linguist so I cannot cross reference the author's assertions regarding the Yoruba language and ancient Hebrew.

I would like to clarify this point: If one was to translate 'beershaba' to English based on the author's assumptions that it is Yoruba, it would be 'bah she ba'...that is how we found it.

Water is OMI in Yoruba.

I like that Gibran quote that you used. We find so many linguistic similarities with ancient Hebrew language and many groups residing in West Africa.

THE HEBRAIC BIBLICAL MYTHS AND THE YORUBA HISTORICAL NARRATIVES OF PARTRIACH ARAMFE (ABRAM), OONI (ISAAC), AND URUOBA (JACOB): SHOULD WE ALL BE COMPLACENT? NO!!!

By Wilson Ometan

My profound appreciation to the Greeks; Persians, Macedonians, Romans, Arabs, Turks, French and English who came to Egypt, spied on her and conquered her in 627 BCE, 525 BCE, 333 BCE, 50 BCE, 7 th century, 16 th century and 19 th century A.D. respectively.

Of these, my greatest respect goes to the Greeks who later became most of the Jews, they have strived to preserve the African Culture in the Bible even at our expense of changing most of the names. The now Europeans of the Mediterranean who were not known to have mythical gods, later proliferate in many gods after visiting Ancient Egypt which have more than 1000 gods. When it please them; our history becomes authentic and original but otherwise, the African history is all but myth. I disagree. African history is authentic, real and original and found in our Ancestral oral, archaeological, arts and traditional narratives. The Africans, the Ashkenazims including the Arabs at one time in history were Hapiru (Habiru) i.e. People without a state. “Labaya, the Lion Man (Lagbaja) too was a Hapiru in a land which stretch from Saudi Arabia to Ancient Egypt [The History of Ancient Israel; page 29, Michael Grant] (some my emphasis).

The Jews; one of the lineages arising from our Ancestor Abram (Abraham) should be respected and appreciated for keeping the tradition. But left with other children of Abram, some of the huge amount of our cultures would have been lost. While our Scholars who studied classic history are busy studying grammar and other modern history, the Jews were busy transforming the Bible. But in contrast, only the Jews were said to be oppressed, enslaved, raped and emasculated in Ancient Egypt. History dictates that those who went through these upheavals either lose their culture or die out. If so; how come the Jews remain strong and the great numbers of Blacks who left Ancient Egypt lost some of their Culture and identity. Tribute must be paid to the Judaic writers who re-wrote and re-edit the Abram history several times.

SO, WHO IS OUR PATRIARCH ABRAM (Abraham).

The Biblical Perspectives : The Bible made us believe that Abram the Mesopotamian was the Son of Terah who had Isaac, and Isaac begat Esau and Jacob. In Michael Grant's book quoted above, the Author said these names may not have existed. Michael Grant who is no ordinary history Author continued on page 30 paragraph 2 that, “So anachronistic, inconsistent and aetiological (the science or philosophy of causation ) are the legends that have gathered round the figures of the Patriarchs that it cannot be stated for certain that they ever existed at all”.

On the 29 th of October 1996, the New York Times in an article headlined “Scholars debate the origins of Yiddish and the migrations of Jews”, Arthur Koesler was quoted in his book, “The thirteenth tribe, published in 1996, where he suggested that the Eastern European Jews were not really Semitic, that they were largely descended from the Turkish Khazars who converted en-masse to Judaism in medieval times. In a 1993 book, Dr. Paul Wexler of Tel Aviv University , a linguist also expanded on Koestler's thesis in “The Ashkenazic Jews: A Slavo-Turkic people in search of a Jewish identity.

http://www.urhobo-world.org/AbramicHistory.htm

Thank you very much for this info.Personally i think that Kemet,Ta seti, Ancient Israel,ancient arabia,Mesopotamia and further Indu Kush,all these countries were forming a common cultural group like today in Europe you have latin speaking countries.Drusilla Houston called this area "The Ethiopian Empire".When you read the historic books in the bible,everytime the Israelites got problem,they fled into Kemet,some kings married with egyptian princess.We know that many Egyptians fled into the continent when the country was conquered,so it was probably the same with the ancients Israelites.

Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.

<< Psalm 68:31 >>

Are not you Israelites the same to me as the Cu****es?" declares the LORD.

<< Amos 9:7 >>

Thank you very much for this info.Personally i think that Kemet,Ta seti, Ancient Israel,ancient arabia,Mesopotamia and further Indu Kush,all these countries were forming a common cultural group like today in Europe you have latin speaking countries.Drusilla Houston called this area "The Ethiopian Empire".When you read the historic books in the bible,everytime the Israelites got problem,they fled into Kemet,some kings married with egyptian princess.We know that many Egyptians fled into the continent when the country was conquered,so it was probably the same with the ancients Israelites.

Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.

<< Psalm 68:31 >>

Are not you Israelites the same to me as the Cu****es?" declares the LORD.

<< Amos 9:7 >>

One of the books I have been reading lately is entitled "Jewish Pirates of the Caribbean" by Edward Kritzler. He explains how long before Spain was Spain, Jews were living there as it was one of King Solomon's trading posts, circa 1000 B.C. The settlement became Sephard and was a strategic outpost of the roman empire. Over time these and related people, namely so-called Moors, developed a cultural continuum that extended from Jerusalem to Guinea coast, to Libya to Cairo and Medina. This also extened to Darfur.

As early as the 15th century groups migrated into the Niger River basin and in the 1500s he states "The North African shore known as the Barbary Coast, was likewise familiar to Iberian jews, whose forebears had settled there in the first century after Rome's legions conquered Jerusalem and dispersed upward fifty thousand Jews to Spain and ports around the Mediterranean. The displaced citizens of Judea took to the sea, becoming the region's major shipowners, merchants and traders. Fifteen hundred years later, when the Sephardic exiles arrived in North Africa, they were consigned special quarters by their Muslim hosts. Together, the two exiled groups forged a formidable force."

In the next chapter he explains the background of Samuel Palache and states," Jews lived in Morocco centuries before the Arabs captured the native Berber tribes in the 17th century and introduced Islam."

The interesting thing here is the role Palache played in a treaty signed between Morocco and Holland in 1611. As a result, in the summer 1611, a Dutch flotilla, flying the flag of Morocco and led by a Moroccan Jew, sailed for the Mediterranean to assail Spanish ships.

It was this naval power that also secured the west African coast, and as a result this power extended north to Amsterdam and held the Spaniards in check. It must be noted that at this time the Dutch also dominated the slave trade and their builders owned most of Europe's trading ships.

Another Dutch Jew, Diego Diaz Querido, employed several African slaves who were natives of the coast and gave then instruction in Portuguese and Dutch so they could serve as interpreters in Africa to assist him in his Africa dealings, and this instruction included giving instruction in the Mosaic Law and conversion to Judaism.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back