Black People : The Hate U Give

I know there must be a thread here about this movie already, so forgive me if I am duplicating it. I'm curious, how many people have seen it and what did you think about it? How did it make you feel? In terms of the storytelling, what did you like and what didn't you like? Can we talk?

The entertainment section

Haven't seen it and likely won't. But I hope it's as good as everyone says it is.
I do question though how many black need to see it to know what it says.
Guess what I mean to say is that the better the movie is the more white people will go see it....they are who needs to absorb it's message. We don't, we already live it everyday.

But then again I haven't seen the movie.
What is the messaging NNQueen?

You'd be surprised at how many have no clue to our history. Thus, it is important for all to see. Because if we don't support the telling of our stories by us, then don't complain when no one steps up to tell them.

Excellent thought provoking comment. I was in NYC when NYPD-ESU shot Eleanor Bumpurs in 1984. NYCHA had their own police department and no one ever explained why they were not initially called. Since they were about 79% Black, the outcome just might have handled entirely different. We'll never really know what transpired. On a similar note, well let's just say in Jewish controlled NYC race, culture and religious affiliation can, does and oftentimes will determine the outcomes NYPD has control over in similar situations even to the detriment of the self professed chosen ones. Claw hammers or knives, it's all the same to NYPD-ESU MOF's.

Case in point:

Gary Gideon "Gidone" Busch.

View attachment 13780

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gidone_Busch

Life is short, but sometimes some lives can be shorter then others irregardless of who you are and more so because of who you think you are. That's life.

And as you know, this reveals nothing to say that there were several organizations other then the Black Panther Party , in NYC and the East coast and major cities, that were a deterrent to police brutality and lynchings, all decimated by COINTELPRO, just around the time the Culture changed from the NOGE street culture to Hip Hop, after the war aged by Afrika Bambaata on the NOGE, in 82! To this day I still feel that Bambaata was working for COINTELPRO , in doing that! An organization can stop, other organizations, but to destroy the inclination to create, new organizations , of community protection, one must use mind control, via a tampering with the Culture of a people!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back