Black People : THE GREATEST TOOL EVER DEVISED TO ENSLAVE BLACK PEOPLE - AND EVERYBODY ELSE...

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
TELEVISION...

The ability to endlessly transmit all kinds of messages to a rapt audience, and make them believe anything... These messages would include SUBLIMINAL information which the watcher would not even know is being transmitted, but would act upon the mind as if consciously programmed into it... This happens whether we are looking at the tube or not...

The ability to create images and imagery to a rap audience, and make them believe it... Also, completely packaged with subliminal stimuli... The more you watch, the more you are programmed to believe, to buy, to go along with the flow... African people in the United States watch more television than any other people on the planet earth - African Americans, that is... 70 hours of television per 168 hour week, and those stats are old - from like the year 2000, or so... Off the top of my head, that's like 40 percent of our waking ours are spent in front of the television being programmed and enslaved...

That's why we are here arguing over whether a HipHop artist was a revolutionary and the legenday courage of the Rev. Fred Shutttlesworth goes completely under our radar... The media didn't invent Reverend Fred, but he woulda been BIG - LARGE - had he done in 1995 what he'd done 40 years earlier...

Once you turn that boob tube off, young people, and read about Reverend Fred Shuttlesworth's REAL 10 year battle down in Birmingham, Alabama, I GUARANTEE you that you will know the difference between a real revolutionary and one created in the media - I GUARANTEE YOU, like Muhammad Ali guaranteeing a victory over whomever... And once you read, and see that contrast between a man bouncing his booty on a stage, and a man having bats and pipes bouncing off his head in defense of his personal beliefs and convictions, you will never talk about no Public Enemy or Tupac or any other these RAP artists as a true revolutionary... You might even reconsider Malcolm X as a true revolutionary upon reading Reverend Fred's book... I did, and still do... That guy is my hero forever more, because he had no FOI around him in 1950's Alabama, but he had the courage of his convictions to fight the good fight, and do it non-violently... He just didn't do it on no T.V., like Dr. King...

I digressed, but the point is, that television has us enslaved to it's images and imagery, and we need to turn it off, and do more reading... Go to the library, and read about our heroes and sheroes... There is no way BEYONCE should be more well known to African Americans than the great Ida B Wells-Barnett - NO WAY! But ask our people, young and old, who Ms. Ida B. was, and you get a blank stare... Just the way J. Edgar Hoover conceived it should be if White Supremacy were to be maintained... DISRUPT, DESTABILIZE, DESTROY... THE ONLY GOOD REVOLUTIONARY IS A DEAD REVOLUTIONARY... Those were J. Edgar's words, peoples... READ THEM... REMEMBER THEM...UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF THEM...and look around us...sitting around watchin' the booby tube - or is that the booty tube???(smile!)

Peace!
Isaiah

WHEN THE REVOLUTION COMES..

It won't be TELEVISED.

Who are the Leaders of TODAY?

JMO,
Omowale.

omowalejabali said:
It won't be TELEVISED.

Who are the Leaders of TODAY?

JMO,
Omowale.

Brother O, this will raise a few eyebrows, but the leadership is us, right here at this discussion board, and places just like it... Why??? Because this is where the most intellectually gifted minds in the Black Universe, the stars in our constellation, come to a meeting of our minds each day... It is where we are teaching each other, rather than being subjected to the teachings of the television, the mass media, and the miseducation system set up in our communities...

This is why it is important for us not to get caught up in some of the activities we've been caught up in the last month or so... We need our most brilliant minds strategizing, not waging a war of words and opinions with one another, and practically all of us have been off on a tangent... It's greeat to debate, but we've got to know when to say when, and corral the stallion in ourselves...

But, on the subject, Malcolm warned us about this so long ago, when Sidney Poitier, Sammy Davis,Jr., and Harry Belafonte, and their opinions, were being thrust into our faces as if they were our leadership... He said that was the way the White Supremacy selected our leadership for us, and here we are 40 years later, and haven't figured that out... Lord have mercy on us if we think of these entertainers and athletes as our leadership... We should be leading THEM, because they aint got nothing on their minds except shaking their fabulous rear ends, and keepin' them baseball caps cocked... Our children should consider it BENEATH THEM to follow around airheads like that...

And WE, at Destees, the LAST thing we should be doing is elevating these people to positions of leadership in our communities... Like you said, the revolution aint gone be televised, videoized, nor internetized... Those tools can help us, but the real deal will happen out of earshot of the unsuspecting...

Peace!
Isaiah

It is important to recognize the power which TV & Media images have on the subconscious mind. TV creates a "reality" that can be impossible to deny, and delivers subliminal messages, that do not need to be spelled out. Certainly TV images are currently used to spread propoganda, disunity, and chaos in our communities. However, we must understand that TV images can also be used as powerful tools for our fight. That is if we know what we are doing. TV is only a tool, and tools can be used in positive or negative ways. Some of our ancestors knew this. For example, Martin Luther King and Civil Rights Protestors in the 1950s successfully used TV images of "well dressed" & "well mannered" blacks being attacked without provocation, to shame the US in front of the world (ending the unchecked and wholescale terrorism against blacks in the US).

Isaiah said:
Brother O, this will raise a few eyebrows, but the leadership is us, right here at this discussion board, and places just like it... Why??? Because this is where the most intellectually gifted minds in the Black Universe, the stars in our constellation, come to a meeting of our minds each day... It is where we are teaching each other, rather than being subjected to the teachings of the television, the mass media, and the miseducation system set up in our communities...

This is why it is important for us not to get caught up in some of the activities we've been caught up in the last month or so... We need our most brilliant minds strategizing, not waging a war of words and opinions with one another, and practically all of us have been off on a tangent... It's greeat to debate, but we've got to know when to say when, and corral the stallion in ourselves...

But, on the subject, Malcolm warned us about this so long ago, when Sidney Poitier, Sammy Davis,Jr., and Harry Belafonte, and their opinions, were being thrust into our faces as if they were our leadership... He said that was the way the White Supremacy selected our leadership for us, and here we are 40 years later, and haven't figured that out... Lord have mercy on us if we think of these entertainers and athletes as our leadership... We should be leading THEM, because they aint got nothing on their minds except shaking their fabulous rear ends, and keepin' them baseball caps cocked... Our children should consider it BENEATH THEM to follow around airheads like that...

And WE, at Destees, the LAST thing we should be doing is elevating these people to positions of leadership in our communities... Like you said, the revolution aint gone be televised, videoized, nor internetized... Those tools can help us, but the real deal will happen out of earshot of the unsuspecting...

Peace!
Isaiah

Oh, oh...!

I hear most of what you are saying....however, I am going to give you an example of what I find problemmatic. One one hand you do not state anyone specifically tthat can be characterized as a "Black LEADER", the on the other hand,...well....:eek:hmy: ...speaking of Harry Belafonte...who was, as I remeber a supporter of the anti-apartheid movement's cultural boycott as a member of TransAfrica, which is now led by actor Danny Glover, I recently purchased "The Long Road to Freedom: An Anthology of Black Music" which is has been compiled and produced by this same Harry Belafonte.

As a "Blues Man" I am sure that this collection of material would provide an excellent addition to your personal collection.

It should be available at your local Barnes & Nobles

JMO,
Omowale.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back