Black People : THE GREATEST EVIL

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I have been in my many studies, trying to assess what the greatest evil is among our people. I have studied us internally and externally...consciously and subconsciously...historically and culturally....scientifically and spiritually, and I have finally reached a pretty sound conclusion concerning what it is.

In as much as i have taken all things into consideration in coming to this conclusion, I am sad to have to report that the greatest evil among our people is "INTELLECTUAL IGNORANCE".

This sounds like a contradiction, but it isn't. "It is our ability to defend, justify and rationalize our own ignorance or state of not knowing". We have become masters of this from an intellectual perspective, and as such, it keeps us immobilized and stagnant in our existence collectively and personally.

Anytime we can justify or make where we are at and how we are, and what we may or may not be doing sound logical, rational and have the intellect to defend that position and justify that position to others and ourselves..."we have no reason to grow, to change, to open our eyes and see, or our ears to hear so that we can change."

There can be no greater evil among our people than this; for if we don't know, we can defend, rationalize and justify our not knowing. If we're not doing, we can defend, justify and rationalize our not doing. If we are or are not a certain way, we can defend, justify and rationalize our position on that. This takes INTELLECT TO DO...AND SINCE WE DON'T KNOW, I HAVE COINED IT AS "INTELLECTUAL IGNORANCE"...a very deadly and supreme evil among our people to not grow, to not change, to not hear, to not see, to not do...but to simply be as we are with the intellectual ability to defend, rationalize and justify our position.

Yes, this is truely the GREATEST EVIL AMONG OUR PEOPLE TODAY...AN EVIL THAT MAY VERY WELL FIND OUR EXISTENCE TO BE ONE OF NON-EXISTENCE BECAUSE OF IT.

Is there a cure or remedy for this? No there isn't. There is no known way to combat or fight this evil. For no matter what one may present, reveal, say or produce as proof of a truthful reality, the ability and power of intellectual ignorance is such that a person is able to RATIONALIZE, DEFEND AND JUSTIFY THEIR POSITION NO MATTER WHAT. THEREFORE MAKING THIS THE GREATEST EVIL OF ALL...AND AN EVIL THAT WE HAVE MASTERED LIKE A FINE ART.

2. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    What's going to be interesting is to see how people respond to this if they actually understand what's being said.

3. Prizefighter16

Prizefighter16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Well, I agree, mostly. I think however, to add to it, that it is not intellectual ignorance that is the problem, but the fact that there is a lack of want to gain intellect, or to grow in education. It does not represent all of us, but it goes by generations, money is more the factor in the reason why it's more and more uncommon for some to want intelligence over wealth.

That is my take on it.

4. Keita Kenyatta

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I think you should read this again...then go to my last two post on "Am I a Racist". Understanding is a great thing.

5. Prizefighter16

Prizefighter16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    I don't feel I need to read it again. if you want to disagree, then go ahead. I was agreeing with the statement, so reading over threads will not change my conclusion. Obviously there is a difference in interpretations, if there is a difference in how YOU wanted me to interpret it, then YOU need to bring that out.

6. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I agree. Most of the time we take the easy way out and do nothing but blame and accept were we are.

7. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Excellent!

Two thoughts, though:

Operative word being "known". First step in fixing anything is to identify the problem. Another needed step would be to continue dialogue toward exploring possibilities for a solution or a work-around.

A "snap" answer would be education. However, as you've pointed out, most of what we think we "know" has been spoon fed to us by those with a vested interest in keeping us in just this state of "intellectual ignorance" (I like that.). When enough "big lies" have been beat, lynched, branded, tortured and forced down one's throat, it almost actually hurts to try to work up out of it. (ok, i'm doing the "II" bit, here; but i would very much like to go further with this thought - but it hurts my brain.)

2. Another "great evil" is for good folks to do nothing, allowing evil to triumph. How might we begin to combat this particular evil. Doing so seems as if it would give some "bottom" to get after some of the others, no?

I'm gonna go think about this one some more.

Thank you, Keita, for some nice, tough brain-food!!!!!

8. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Keita...

...very good insight. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this subject. Let me share a few thoughts of my own.

"Intellectual Ignorance"...I follow the logic. But, this too is a result of racism/white supremacy. I know that people don't want to read where another Black person blames something on racism/white supremacy. That has even been stated explicitly in this thread. Nevertheless, from my viewpoint, it is important to explain its relationship to "intellectual ignorance."

As stated by Neely Fuller and Dr. Francis Cress Welsing, "everything you think you know will only confuse you IF you don't understand racism/white supremacy." That statement is somewhat paraphrased. What they are saying to me is that racism/white supremacy is so prevalent, so affective, so subtle...that some things we blame ourselves for ARE in fact due to the effect of racism/white supremacy...not everything, but SOME things.

Racism/white supremacy is a system based on color and is developed to suppress and oppress ALL non-white people on this planet...if not beyond it. This system is ideology based and affects every social construct developed by humans. There is no one person that controls it. It will turn right to wrong and wrong to right under its pressure. It's a way of thinking. This way of thinking is predominant in one group of people in particular--white folk. This group of people are in control of most governments around the world. These governments make and implement policies that affect EVERYONE within its borders. So, through this system of racism/white supremacy, they can have a wide reaching impact on all involved...specifically non-white people. Now, let me say this...not ALL white people participate in racism/white supremacy...but ALL white people do benefit from it.

Now, let's say this group of people develop and implement economic and educational policies that, because of the way they think, will benefit one set of folks more than the others based on say...COLOR. Let's also say that most non-white people are discouraged from attaining an education or an education level (This was done by law at one time.). How does this affect you? It prevents you from getting a degree which will give you access to a higher paying job which can help you feed, house, clothe, and protect your family so that your wife can be at home when the children get home. Or, so that you can buy your child those things that they need to succeed in life...whatever those things may be.

Facing these economic and educational issues, you begin to feel as if you're running up a steep hill. You feel that no matter how hard you try things just won't break for you. You begin to give up hope. You slip into despair. Now, wrong becomes right and right becomes wrong because you will rob, steal, and even kill if you have to in order to feed your children. What if you don't have any children? It doesn't matter. You still reach the same conclusion because now you think someone owes you something. You feel that this is the only way you can survive. Hence, you develop a depressive psychological state of being...even defending the illogical logically; morally wrong but logically correct. Or is it? Keita called this "intellectual ignorance."

Do you agree?

9. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +599
    Intellectual Ignorance in our Elite is the problem.

This sounds like a contradiction, but it isn't. "It is our ability to defend, justify and rationalize our own ignorance or state of not knowing". We have become masters of this from an intellectual perspective, and as such, it keeps us immobilized and stagnant in our existence collectively and personally.

Orisons: Though I concede rationally intelligent intellectual agility is always useful to any member of the human family, I have highlighted many times that it is our elites responsibility to intuit, deduce, construct and implement strategies for our collective advancement and well being [which is unfortunate because our current elite are burdened with even more SELF HATE, and malicious elitism than the rest of our community] giving the examples of how successfully the Asians [Japanese, Chinese, Indians etc] have coped with this burden with comparably limited national resources in a consistently hostile environment.

The functional intelligentsia of any ethnicity is responsible for deducing the strategic policies for moving the group forward collectively [whereas many of us are expecting our underclass to be the first on the planet to do so].

Even the well meaning members of our Elite like Cosby, Oprah, and many other actors/celebrities do not have the resources spiritually or intellectually or focus to perform this function by themselves, but at least some of them are trying.

We are attempting currently to be the first ethnicity in human history to collectively advance without our own elite totally focused and determined on securing our short and long-term socio-economic development.

Moving our elite from their current dysfunctional state or forming a new one which is rationally intelligently functional for our collective best interest is the greatest challenge of the 21st century.

Have you got any ideas as to how we start because I’m really struggling?

10. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    One should remember that our distinguished elders grew up under a regime that put the smack down on us much harder than we are feeling it today. while it is one thing to know that things must change, and to work toward that change (as they did!!), it is sometimes another to act/believe/feel/live that change within oneself. I have but to look at my father, born six months before the Black Wallstreet fires/bombings, to realize that it ain't easy getting out from under that mindset, even when one knows better.

Further, one does NOT get to be declared "successful" in this society unless one shows a total embracement of the policies of the dominating culture: you have to look like you buy the party line. And, as has been noted, that "party line" is all about keeping non-white people from climbing that ladder to success.