Black People : THE GREAT DEBATERS OF DESTEE FORUM GAME

A007, the winners are based on votes. When members participate and vote for that person by agreeing with their answers that person wins. Both Bro. Keita and Sistah Dutchess won because of this.

You might recall the same process from the Apollo's amateur nite. When Keke Shepard places her hand over the head of the contestant the person that gets the loudest cheer wins.

Bro. Keita and Sistah Dutchess got the loudest cheers.

A007, the winners are based on votes. When members participate and vote for that person by agreeing with their answers that person wins. Both Bro. Keita and Sistah Dutchess won because of this.

You might recall the same process from the Apollo's amateur nite. When Keke Shepard places her hand over the head of the contestant the person that gets the loudest cheer wins.

Bro. Keita and Sistah Dutchess got the loudest cheers.

Got you!! Thanks

I was referred to this thread by Destee due to a suggestion I made about rules for debating so I have not thoroughly read this thread. Please excuse me if I suggest something somehow already suggested in this thread.

Debate Forum:
First thing is first, we should probably have a specific forum for Debates, in other words a Debate Forum. The subjects of the debate forum can cover politics, religion etc. If someone wants to bring a debate to the table, they would go and post their debate view in the debate forum and await an opposing debater.

Here is a trouble shooter, there may be more than one person who wants to be an opposing debater on either sides. That should be okay, but there should be a limit. Five people per team sounds good but we can also have substitute debaters for those days that other debaters don't show up. If I get sick, or I am not going to be signed in for a while, or if I just want to take a break from the debate, I can pass on my debating slot to a substitute debater. At all times, there must only be 5 people per team debating, making a total of 10 participants. If members are not premium members, they can exchange information through email or pass on a message to a mod to give to another team member. Added: Outside of the debator who initiates a debate and the first debater to accept the challenge of oppsoing view, all other people who decide to come in on the debate, cannot come in as additional participants unless another member comes in for the other team. Teams must be even.

Ways to present a debate, say I want to debate on the subject of "when a child is considered an adult" I would post my argument in the debate forum under lets say, parenting. People who are parents may want to join in on the debate or aunts and uncles as well, even teachers.

Here is a trouble shooter, people who missed the sign up for that particular debate, may still want to post in the thread. They can post, but they cannot get points for the a team unless they are a substitute debater. Debaters can only respond to and opposing debater, who so ever the debating referee is, he or she can respond to those people who are not signed up debaters. The positive thing about allowing people to post, it may give the debaters some ideas, if they need any.

Expounding on Rules:

Referee:
Debating Referee would be picked by team captain debater. Team Captain debater would be the first person who initiated debate and the first person to initiate opposing debate. Also, people can volunteer to be debating referee.

Presenting a debate:
Simply post in the debate forum under subject of the debate, parenting, politics religion etc. and wait for an opposing debater to accept the challenge for debate.

Debating team mates:

There can be up to 5 debaters for each side, for a total of 10 participating debaters.

Substitute debaters:

Substitute debaters can come in at any time, but only if for whatever reason, a team member wishes to take a break. All people participating must be notified when a team member is passing the torch to a substitute debater.

Recognizing debaters:

Teams will have colors Like Red Blue or whatever. Whatever color team you are on, you will only post in that color. In other words, your text will be the color of the team you are on.

Ways to lose points:

Making personal insults towards participants.

Insulting the opposing view, just stick to the subject and give your opposing views.

Ignoring specific questions. Questions can be answered with questions, but only after the question has been answered.

Quoting sources without citing them.

Having a substitute debater take your place, without giving proper notice.

For each rule not followed in any given post 2 points will be deducted per violated rule.

Ways to gain points:

Whenever you post, if you have made no mistakes, your post will automatically receive 5 points for your team.

Rules for debate referee:

The referee will not always see everything, in this case, it is up to the debaters to report and quote any violations in order to insure that who so ever committed the violation, will lose appropriate points.

Referee can post each day or every other day points received on each side and points deducted. If referee is present while debaters are on line and going at it with their debate, referee can post comments while debate is taking place and even when debate is not presently active.

Ending a debate:

As we all know, a debate can go on for a lifetime but after a while, things get a bit boring. I propose that debates should only last for a total of 12 days after starting.

Added: Something to consider: Just because you are on the team for with, or against, does not mean that you are really with or against. Objective or Devils Advocate dabating is just as fun because it helps people to sharpen their for, or against views and this will allow for people to participate on either side, hence filling all participant slots.

Destee, this part is up to you but if winners could get a free month membership, they may become more encouraged to practice the rules on engaging opposing views with other people. Also, the same thing with the poets. You know, like when a poet is poet of the month, we could also have debator of the month or something like that.

Of course, these rules can be modified/adjusted if anyone objects with good reason.

That's all I can think of now but If I notice that I missed something, I will edit the post.

I hope I didn't take out the time to do this all for nothing... :geek: Hopefully we can get something started real soon, I am looking forward to it.

Astrologer4U

The Rule are as follows:

First we present a Resolve. This is the statement we will argue.
There is no need for teams or groups.
Once the statement is made, anyone is invited to give a quote from a "known" person or source that argues for or against the statement.
However, many of you will be required to observe and be Judges who state their agreements.

Example:

Resolve: The Bible will free Black people from Slavery.

Member1: “When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said, 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.”
- Bishop Desmond Tutu.

Member2: I agree with Member1

Instead of quoting a known person or source; book, newspaper, website etc., you can simply quote yourself. However, if you choose to do so you can be challenged by a Destee member with "why do you believe what you believe?" or "explain to us why you feel this way" and you would have to explain your statement from your personal experience, not from "what you heard" on the streets on read in a book.

The strongest argument presented by the "Great Debater" wins naturally. This is determined by how many agree with your responses, simply by stating "I Agree with ______." The Great Debater chooses the Resolve for the next subject.

Also if anyone has more ideas of how to revamp and improve this game....please present that Debate as well.

Destee Warriors....
Warrior-dance.gif

Let the games begin.

bump

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Hi @Cindy .... :wave: ... :flowers: ... :wave: ... Happy New Year Beloved! Welcome Home! Good to see you! Much Much Love and Peace :heart:
Back