Black People : THE GREAT DEBATERS OF DESTEE FORUM GAME

Metaverse

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 13, 2006
Within.
Occupation
Media Designer
Greetings Destee Family.

This is an "attempt" to create an online game using a constructive debate format right here on Destee. No need to run out and copyright it, it's all in good fun and hopefully it will be treated as such. Yes I know there are "Great" Debaters on Destee, and I am sure this online game will invite all of you to share your knowledge and wisdom with us.

The Rule are as follows:

First we present a Resolve. This is the statement we will argue.
There is no need for teams or groups.
Once the statement is made, anyone is invited to give a quote from a "known" person or source that argues for or against the statement.
However, many of you will be required to observe and be Judges who state their agreements.

Example:

Resolve: The Bible will free Black people from Slavery.

Member1: “When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said, 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.”
- Bishop Desmond Tutu.

Member2: I agree with Member1

Instead of quoting a known person or source; book, newspaper, website etc., you can simply quote yourself. However, if you choose to do so you can be challenged by a Destee member with "why do you believe what you believe?" or "explain to us why you feel this way" and you would have to explain your statement from your personal experience, not from "what you heard" on the streets on read in a book.

The strongest argument presented by the "Great Debater" wins naturally. This is determined by how many agree with your responses, simply by stating "I Agree with ______." The Great Debater chooses the Resolve for the next subject.

Also if anyone has more ideas of how to revamp and improve this game....please present that Debate as well.

Destee Warriors....
Warrior-dance.gif

Let the games begin.

Brother MetaSaience ... this is GREAT !!! THANK YOU !!! :toast:

I suggest that we use separate threads for the resolves, i suppose with it titled RESOLVE 1 ... and we can use this thread for the Family to ask questions about the game, tally agrees, announce winners, new resolve threads, etc.

This will help keep the RESOLVE threads free from unnecessary noise.

This will mean that you'll need to make Resolve 1 a new thread ... matter of fact, i'll do that and link to it.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ... i like this game already !!! :toast:

Thank You Brother!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back