Brother AACOOLDRE : THE GOLDEN ***: who are the Arii???

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Aug 22, 2015.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    POP QUIZ QUESTION OF BOOK “THE GOLDEN ***” Book 11

Q.Who are the Arii? write back if you know the answer

"Behold, Lucius," she said, "moved by your prayer I come to you - I, the natural mother of all life, the mistress of the elements, the first child of time, the supreme divinity, the queen of those in hell, the first among those in heaven, the uniform manifestation of all gods and goddesses - I, who govern by my nod the crests of life in the sky, the purifying wafts of the ocean, and the lamentable silences of hell - I, whose single godhead is venerated all over the earth under manifold forms, varying rites, and changing names. Thus, the Phrygians that are the oldest human stock call me Pessinuntia, Mother of the Gods. The aboriginal races of Attica call me Cecropian Minerva. The Cyprians in their island-hhome call me Paphian Venus. The archer Cretans call me Diana Dictynna. The three-tongued Sicilians call me Stygian Proserpine. The Eleusinians call me the ancient goddess Ceres. Some call me Juno. Some call me Bellona. Some call me Hecate. Some call me Rhamnusia. But those who are enlightened by the earliest rays of that divinity the sun, the Ethiopians, the Arii, and the Egyptians who excel in antique lore, all worship me with their ancestral ceremonies and call me by my true name, Queen Isis. . . . "

- Lucius Apuleius THE GOLDEN *** Book 11