Black Entertainment : THE GOD OF ONE?

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Metaverse, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
  2. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Thanks for this info Bro Metasaience. I had watched the video. It took me back to a place where I had asked some of those exact same questions many years ago on my journey, and am still brought to ask as I continue to travel the journey called life. Personally, although there are some interesting points, I would like to see more videos of this nature made by our Afrikan people. (as they say, if we see a problem then be part of the solution, so I will make plans on making one *smiles*) We have our Bobby Hemmitts, Phil Valentines, Alim Beys, etc who touch on much deeper aspects of life and metaphysics. Anyway, some of the points I liked in the video:

1) The Fear Factor:

- “… It is much easier to project it and to have enemies outside or people you dislike then you can project your problems and its somebody else’s fault”
    - “the root of war is fear

- “…When there is excessive fear, even we become the aggressors ourselves

- “Everything comes back to consciousness. Our thoughts produce our words. Our words produce our actions. We must watch our actions because it produces our habits. Our habits produce our character. And our character produces our culture. We have so much of a violent culture, we have so much of inauspicious habits because our thoughts are so much based on fear and violence and aggression.

First let me say that I’m not discriminating against the religion of Islam, just giving my accounts as I experienced it. Not sure if I was consciously on a quest at the time in 1989 to find the meaning of life and a purpose to my existence but nothing else seemed to have had presented itself to me, thus I embraced Islam largely due to the “fear factor”. My Brother and his friends were muslims and would hound me everyday to become muslim or I’m going straight to hell…lol.

Later on in reading the Qur’an I found that the fear of Allah was reflected in most of the verses and only a handful out of the 6666 verses spoke of love of Allah, i.e. O you who believe, fear Allah…[33:69]; O Ye who believe! Put not yourselves forward before Allah and His Apostle; but fear Allah:….[49:1]

Fear only served to paralyse me in every way, rendering me powerless, destroying my self-confidence and killing my creative abilities. I was only adding to the mass energy of fear in the world thus creating more negative energies that manifested as destructive in the world. I realised that we are creating the world as it is, the disaster, the injustices, all of it, as the world is merely a reflection of what is happening within us. (As above, so below...)

2) War

- “…dualistic thinking that leads to ignorance, then sometimes we institutionalize our dualistic thinking, call it religion and then we go to war

- “the root of the word RELIGION is RE (return) LIGARE (to bind) which means to bind back and make whole, or to make one. …current religion is doing almost the opposite

- “… Whoever’s the most ruthless in a situation is going to prevail. And if we *****-foot around and want to love our enemies and stuff, we will lose, they will conquer us… Anybody who wants to be a suicide bomber we should kill their uncles, their mums, their dads, their brothers, their sisters, three generations removed, kill them all… I believe is kill or be killed. This is a war and that s the way it is.

I began to notice that there seemed to be no brotherhood or sisterhood within the same religion. I had embraced Islam as a Shi’a. England has a large community of muslims. I remember one day a muslim family who I’d known for years and owned a small corner shop just up the road had invited me to dinner after they realized I became muslim. Whilst there, the father asked me which muslim are you? Not really understanding the question I just replied I’m muslim. He clarified his question: “are you sunni or shi’a?” In my ignorance I replied “shi’a”. He blasted me with insults calling me a mushrik (idolator) and saying I’m not a real muslim. I would often experience serious conflicts between muslims with the Sunni muslims and the Shi’a muslims here locally as well as seeing it internationally (Iraq sunni-Iran shi’a conflict and the Pakistan suuni and shi’a); as well as other muslim conflicts: the Tajikistan: intra-Islamic conflict; the muslim conflict in Darfur. It was also daunting that many verses that I read in Qur’an spoke of the advocating of violence towards those who did not believe, i.e. Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of truth, from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission and feel themselves subdues. [9:29]

3) Life Lessons

- “you can’t get rid of the pain until you learn its lessons”

I’ve had, and continue to receive many life lessons. Some have been really painful experiences - some I have learnt and grown from and others I am still in the process of healing. I see life lessons as forms of initiations where one has to overcome certain situations presented in order to evolve onto the next level. But in a different vein, my first actual practical lesson in raising higher consciousness came to me when I was quite young through the meditation practises of Sahaja Yoga where I was introduced to knowledge of the third eye and Kundalini awakening. But why did this information come to me through an Indian spiritual system and not an Afrikan spiritual system? I can answer that by saying, my parents’ (who were born in Jamaica) negative views on Afrika and Afrikans played a part in me and my sibling’s self-hatred whilst growing up. So until I had removed the pain of self-hatred and learned to accept myself and love myself as an Afrikan, then I wasn’t ready to receive and appreciate such knowledge. Everyone has their own culture which taught me that lineage and ancestry is extremely important.

Everyone has their own path with its own lessons. Like the Spanish film ‘Pan’s Labyrinth’ (although full of symbolism) a heavenly Princess confined to an earthly body meets Pan who tells her she has to go through a series of tests to find out who she really is, and, before the portal will open for her to go home to reclaim her kingdom as a fairy queen. Just as the Princess in Pan’s Labyrinth, we too must go through a series of processes in order to (as I learnt in Sufism) die before you die - kill the ego, come out of ignorance into knowledge of self and transform our consciousness to return home to our Divine selves, or we’ll continue to live with doubts, fear, worry, insecurity, attachment, jealousy, envy, confusion, deceit, war, disease, etc.

I have learned that life does not present to us coincidences or accidents but that we each get what we need at the time that we need it, and if we don’t get exactly what we desire, want or expect it is because we were not ready to receive it and not creating the cause in which to receive it. Therefore we are given things in ways that we can digest, absorb and comprehend. Just as it is said, you cannot feed steak to a baby.

4) What is the Meaning of Life?

- “… It is what is the meaning of life to you, because for me it is different to you because each of us is unique… each of us has unique note to play

- “the meaning of life is that we all have a role, and I’m trying to define what my role is and if I define what my role is then I know what the meaning of life is for me”

I like the answers given above as I agree that no-one can define for you what they believe their own meaning to be. People are always trying to impose, as it were, their beliefs onto others.

5) The Journey

- The beginning of the spiritual journey is this: the realisation, not just the information, but a real interior conviction that there is a higher power or god, or to make it as easy as possible for everybody that there is an Other; 2nd step: to try to become the Other; and finally the realisation that there is no other. You and the other are one, always have been, always will be, you just think that you aren’t.”

it is our work, those who are making this film and those who are watching this film to bring the next level of evolution into being

At the beginning of the video is a quote from Gandhi that says: “He who does not see God in the next person he meets need look no further.” I see universal divine laws within one consciousness. I see Man/Woman as a whole universe in him/herself with the potential to be creative or destructive. To rise to a higher level of divine consciousness, or to fall to the lowest of its egoistic self.

Just wanted to let you know what i got from it.

Peace, Love, Light!

WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES – COLDCUT feat. ROBERT OWENS

3. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Queen Soul, a beautiful listener. I hope the Ancestors and spirits give you everything you need to get focused on your quest. What you mention is exactly what I was thinking also when I first saw this movie. But could you imagine how powerful that film would be if the real heavy hitters that you've mentioned came together to answer the questions many of us ask about religion, god and purpose? I think it would life altering.

As the Ancestors have told me- start where you are, don't wait, you've been waiting- now you are here, so move! Start with whatever you have, even if you have to do phone interviews and record those. And as you've said secretly, you also know there are others that are also waiting for you to do this work. Other metaphysical thinkers are waiting for someone just like you to show up.

The point here is - living on purpose- capture the moment or be captured by the moments.