Black People : The Goals And Objectives Of The Posters Are-?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Nov 18, 2009.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Above and beyond notions of what "we' expect 'them' to do for 'us' ala the ongoing U. S. health care bill(s) debates?

Folk here seem and sound more able to second guess Obama on what he's doing (or probably going to do anyway) overseas:

Far less willing to be candid and honest about how bad things are for our folk on the so called homefront...

Nobody is literally pointng a gun to anybody's head, insisting they listen to the newest gangta (crap) rap track, nor to smoke that other crap from somebody's pipe(s), etc.

On the other hand, it is not our right to write and speak for others, who may or may not even know we exist, or for us to presume or assume they'd also agree with us, whereas one or two would have us to believe they would anyway, on the default side?

Instead I seek balance (if not the proverbial happy medium), i. e., as regards me and all of us needing and me wanting to do that, which will validate what I claim and say will uplight the race...

Once again...

Idealized notions, i. e., of most young people being open minded and/or prepared to usher in a new reality, (whereas even too many college students only obligingly recycle the same ole b. s. ad naseum, when some of them get a teacher's job and/or salary), or notions of the workers vs. the bosses, (whereas some should be ashamed of the shoddy work they turn out--sometimes at forty bucks in hour--hence the decline in even domestic sales for some detroit three auto vehicles), or in particular--blacks vs whites--whereas whites have been subjected to the same loss of jobs etc. , via automation/cybernation, business closings/hostile takeovers, and in more recent years--outsourcing--etc....

Instead all of those dated conceptions and perceptions must be counteracted, i. e., after we here (there and everywhere) heed today's wake up calls, etc.

After all, here in my state--Michigian--recently was a rich colored guy who put forth an anti affirmative action program admendment (which was passed--though it's being challenged in the courts):

also it has been alleged another rich black female conservative's (mis)using of her media empire rivals that of a particular white one (Murdock's):

So who cares what Linbaugh ad naseum feel or think about anything?!?

Or Opray???

Etc.

Are some of you reading the same articles etc. I am?

Or do you read any articles etc. at all??

This is simply not a time when we can afford to go on believing what we want to believe:

This a time we must find out the truth!

Individuals can only do so much:

Working towards a common intent and purpose is called for here too...

Thing is:

There's a distinction I too do make, i. e., between constructive criticism(s) as opposed to candid and honest, fair and objective analysis, etc.

Do you too?

Time etc. will tell...

FYI...

Later...

Peace...

2. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    brother Chuck,
    I didn't understand your post. could you try again? maybe slow down a bit? it's a bit rambling. please state your point clearly.

thanks

3. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    I'm with awo dino.

Help us out, Chuck.

4. LindaChavis

LindaChavis Well-Known Member MEMBER

Car Sales Consultant
    Ratings:
    +147
    Chuck

..in other words.."What in Da Hail are you talking about..???"

5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    The agendas of the U. S. leftists and the African American nationalists etc. reveal just how how cliche ridden their approaches and/or how dated their viewponts have become...

Now reread what I already posted and make up your own minds whether I know what I'm writing about or not..

FYI...

6. awo dino

awo dino Well-Known Member MEMBER

carpenter, anthropologist, teacher. Right now I te
    Ratings:
    +1,258
    woop there it is!
    another unmedicated troller, or maybe one and the same with a different name!

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,688
    Brother Awo Dino ... you can't be call'n Brother Chuck no names, troller or otherwise, just 'cause you don't understand what he's saying.

That does not a troller make ... plus, it's against the rules ... less'n you file'n an official complaint wit evidence and stuff.

I understand what Brother Chuck is saying, enough of it to recognize he means no harm and wants the best for us as a people, and i thank him.

Wisdom is not manifest by simply being heard, for demonstrating the ability to hear, is also required.

Brother Chuck ... your title asks ... The Goals And Objectives Of The Posters Are-? ... and while i can't speak for them individually, i try to guide our collective energy in a way so that all of us can hear and be heard, in the very best of manners.

Great Topic Brother ... :toast:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

8. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    My goals as a poster here at Destee’s is to read, understand where other black peoples are at. Make my contribution if any, and hopefully I can share with others my experience. I am not sure we can solve any thing. But at least we can communicate and express our feelings and thoughts on many a subjects.

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Good evening, Sister Destee...

And thanks for the props...

But while I've heard as well as read a lot worse:

I must admit to being concerned...

As in:

What the other poster came up with is just a diss the messenger--and I won't have to attribute a serious intent and purpose to what the message was/is meant to imply or suggest-- sort of comeback...

:10500:

That is:

what the other protesting poster came up with is the worst sort of reaction?

Not the best sort of response!

Though my efforts etc. will go on anyhow!

Otherwise Sister Destee:

I do hope and pray the rest of the posters heed your judgement call(s) as well...

Thanks again!

:em2300:

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    Well said...

Well written...

Well put!

FYI...