Black Spirituality Religion : The Gnostic Satan

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Sekhemu, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    In Gnosticism, the Devil plays an indispensible role as destroyer, an organic part of the one, necesarry to an ever unfolding cosmos. There is accidental lack of perfection, no flaw in his being. Medieval demonologist often mention a demon named Abraxas. They represent him as a fat-bellied character with the head of a king, a dragon's tail, and serpents instead of legs. He also carries a whip in his hand. He is often featured with the head of a ****

Abraxas was a named used by the Gnostics to express the unspeakable name of the supreme being and to symbolize it's solar power. It is said to be compounded from two ancient words, abir meaning bull and apix meaning pole. This refers to the motion of the Earth commonly called the rotation of the axis. It resulted at one time in the vernal equinox taking place in the constellation Taurus, the celestial bull.

Another representation shows four white horsed drawing the Chariot of Abraxas. These stands for the four ethers by means of which the solar powers are circulate in the universe. The seven letters of his name representing the seven creative powers, or the seven planetary angels, recognized by the ancients. In numerology, the value of the name Abraxas adds up to 365, the number of days and powers of the year, and the 365 "spirits" occupying the "Heavens"

More to come!

2. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Better watch yourself, they don’t like threads about Satan. I tried one and it got shuuuutdown, closed, dunked and locked out. Be careful……

3. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Really? please elaborate.

4. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26969

5. Jamie

Jamie Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello, I have been following the discussions here with great interest, to be honest, I was a bit surprised to see that your thread on the devil was closed.

*Jam*

6. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    I guess many people don’t like what I have to say, but in all of my threads I only show the significance of believing in GOD and GOD only, is that wrong?

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    Hi Family ...

i hate to interrupt this discussion, with off topic stuff, but i gotta respond.

Music Producer ... you're absolutely right ... based on my closing your thread, i should close this one too ... which makes my closing of yours seem a bit "personal" ... which it was ... not personally against you ... but my own personal desire not to feel the negative vibes that i've felt in the past when satan was the topic ... but as i scanned this forum, i even see where i started a thread with satan in the title ... :eeek: ... so, rather than looking too restricting ... which we don't want to be ... i'll open your thread back up and hope that those negative vibes don't come ... if they do though, i can't promise i won't close it again ... but i'll try to be skrong ... sorry for the inconvenience.

:heart:

Destee

8. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Are you two planning on goin' out to work it out :love:

9. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    The pathological aspects of Judaism and Christianity did not come from the figure of the devil himself. They were the result of unconcious denial. The undesirable aspects of YHWH were differentiated from him and assigned to his inferior, Satan. Yet YHWH's ultimate responsibility for evil was conveniently forgotten.

With the coming of the Christ, the perfect man, the tension between the lord and the devil increased. The pious christian was taught to love all things good(God's kingdom) and to revile satan and his minions, and his works. The fact that lucifer had his source in God was acknowledged, but the "Father" could not be seen as the creator of evil. Moreover no reconciliation between Satan and the Christ, both sons of God, could ever be made. A long history of contradictions never addressed with clarity!

The admission of evil as a part of one's nature and the committing of evil deeds are in no way the same. On the contrary the facing and owning up to those "evils' neutralizes them. It is said a healthy person suppresses evil conciously, on the other hand an unhealthy person represses it unconciously, and ends up acting it out in a perverse manner.

More to come.

10. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    *bump*
    Enjoy the read!