Black Short Stories : The Ghetto Made Me (part V)

krazelyricks

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
da south............ATL
Occupation
student
They sent me downtown to juvi hall. Can ya'll believe this ****? Ms. Jackson ended up snitching on me and Skeet. I thought she was down but I guess I was wrong. Too bad for her cause she just told on the wrong person. Oh no, I wasn't going to anything to her. I told you from the start she was heart but Skeet, now that was a whole nother story. He didn't take snitching too well. No one ever snitched on him and got away with it. He would kill, steal, and hurt people just to get the message in their thick skull that he wasn't a softy. He was a true baller. To be honest, I was even scared of him. He was my dog and all, but I wasn't about to trade on him because I knew what it held for me.

I had to spend the night in juvi for a night. I spent my one call calling my mama on her celly but she wouldn't answer. I knew she wasn't going to answer so why did I call her @ss? She was probably in somebody's bed huffing and puffing just to get a dollar. She still hadn't learned. I was mad as hell now because I was in the cell with all these girl and not one of us had anything in common. One tried to rough my up and I had to get with her @ss. I wasn't a punk. I might have been short but I ran with the toughest. They bettah had recognize. I ran with Southward now. I didn't care who came to me. I was always representing.

Anyway, after I beat that broad down I got sent to another celly. That was good because I was sent to a cell with one of my home girls. Her name Brandy. Brandy was gay but I still hung with her. She neva tried me so I was tight with her. As long as she didn't feel on my booty or nothin' she was straight with me. She had been sent down under because she cut a girl's throat open for messing with her girlfriend. She knew and I knew that she was going to be sent up state. There was no question of this. All she had to do was sit and wait for her court appearance in the morning then her predestined fate would be told.

"So, you think she still going to be waiting for you when you get out Brandy?" I said trying to make some small talk.

"Probably not, we had been having troubles for a while now anyway. I just freaked out when I saw her hugged up on some other girl and I almost killed both of them." She looked into outer space.

Her life was through and all for nothing. She wouldn't have a girl when she got out nor a future. I felt sorry for her to be honest.I know the whole situation is ****ed up but I still felt sorry for her. I mean, shorty had threw away her life on a broad for nothin'. I loved Dante and all but I would never kill Qwanda over him. It wasn't even worth it. I might have beat her up though.

"Well, did you love her?" I really didn't want to know that because that was just nasty to me but I was just tryin' to make a little convo to throw away some time.

She looked over at me. "Of course, that's why I had to react that way. I didn't want to hurt her but she had hurt me. So, I killed her girl. That was pain seeing another girl all over yours like that. I mean, how would she have liked it if I had a girl all ova me?"

I didn't want to say that the girl probably would have been relieve that Brandy had moved on but I sho' nuff thunk it. I mean, look at the facts. Brandy said they had been having problems (i.e they probably weren't even together. Brandy was probably tryin’ to just get back with her). I mean, it was pain as day that the girl wanted to part ways. She wanted to move on. Brandy was the one who didn’t.

“Yeah, I feel ya.” I lied.

She got quiet like she was about to cry. I tried to cheer her up. “Well, hey look at it this way. You’re going to be in jail from now on with a lot of girls. I’m sure you’re bound to meet another one. Who knows, this one may be better than her.”

Like ewwww, I can’t believe I just said that.

She perked up a little. “Yeah, maybe you’re right.”

“I know I’m right.” I smiled at her friendly. “ Well, look out for me. I’m finna go sleep. Wake me up in a little while so I can go catch some z's.”

“Aiight, I got cha.”

The next day at the court house I was let off again. I was happy. I was invincible. No one could tell me nothign now. I was commiting crime after crime and wasn't a d@mn thing they could do to me. I had it going on. And evidently Southward felt the same way too because they started making me do even more wilded out things like trucking dope in and out of houses and robbing the elderly. I wasn't complaining. Shoot, I had it going on right? WRONG! Well, that's what I thought though.

Anyway, Dante and I were back to our little self. Keepin' it pimpin' as usual and this just got right under Qwanda's bones. She hated this ****. I couldn't blame her though. I wouldn't like it either if another girl that came straight from juvi stole my man right from under my nose. But anyway, it was getting hard doing this. There were constant fights between us and well, I felt like I just had to handle this. You know a real gee don't back down from no challenge. I had to handle her and her mouth.

"Yo, let me speak to Skeet?" I spoke through my big @ss celly. Cellular phones were new back then so you know it was big as I don't know what. They had me with one though because I was in the trap tracking for them. I had a beeper too. You know the old kind Bellsouth made. Yeah, I see you ova there remembering the past. Those were the days.

I heard a young woman call out for Skeet. Skeet yelled back 'who is it?' She told him it was a lil' girl. He knew just who it was then and ran to the phone. I was the youngest girl that worked for him. He knew when I called I always called about business. There was no doubt that I needed something serious to be calling him on his celly this time of night.

"Whas up lil' one?"

"Nothing, I need you to help me out though."

"What you need lil' one? You know I'm down for you."

"Aiight, I feel that. It's that Qwanda girl. You know the one that been down for us. I think she creeping to the other side. I got sources and well lets just say they all ratted her out. We need to handle this broad ASAP. You heard?" I lied.

"Oh, word?"

"Word, man. You know I would never lie to you about something this crucial yo. We need to peep her out." I said.

"Yo, I hear you. You sure about this though?"

"As sure as I can get." I lied again.

"Aiight, we'll just have to handle this then. Yo, hit me back later. 2000 yo."

"2000." I clicked him off.

Yeah, who the punk now broad.

I laughed to myself knowing what I had just done was dead wrong. But the way I saw it she deserved it. No one disrespected Lil' One and got away with it.

Think I'm kiddin', you try it then.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back