Black Short Stories : The Ghetto Made Me (part III)

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by krazelyricks, Jun 3, 2004.

1. krazelyricks

krazelyricks Well-Known Member MEMBER

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    By the next year, I had gotten up enough nerve to steal some money out my mama's purse so I could buy me an alarm clock. If she wasn't going to get me up I would get my own self up. It took awhile for me to learn how to work it because I was just six years old but after a month I was a pro at it. I would get up at 6 o'clock take a bath, brush my teeth, and go out to the bus stop. I was the first one sometimes. I was so proud of myself.

I liked going to school. I met a lot of interesting people there. It didn't take long for me to get in trouble either. It was all because of Monique. Well, it wasn't her fault I started it but she was involved. How do you say? Okay, this is how it went down.

Remember in part two I told ya'll that Marcus had a crush on me right? I didn't like him then because he didn't say anything but all of a sudden he had gotten fione to me. Now, I was the one that was left speechless. (*fanning myself*) He had his hair in braids and he had soft dimples. His eyes were light skinned and he was just the right size for me. He was wlays flirting and feeling on me. He had me under his every wimb. I wanted him and I wanted him bad. But he had a girl. Well, that's where Monique comes in at. She was my obsticle. Well, not for long.

Monique was one of them broads that thought she was the head of them all. Well, she was for some of the other broads but I ruled my own [email protected] self. I was an outsider as most people would say. I wasn't a loner though. I had friends but I didn't have many cause I wasn't the hipest YET. She had the finer things that I couldn't afford. She always had her hair done. Her dress and clothes were always the flyyest and I, well, I was just there. She looked down on me.

It was recess. At my school only the kindergarden and first had recess. So, I was at recess. I was hangin' and playin' with some of my homies. She walked by me and tooted up her nose. I looked at her. She looked at me but she continued to walk. Then she said something to her friends while looking at me and they laughed.

"You gon' let her trip on you like that, Ashley?"

That was my girl Franky. She was a hard knock girl. She really didn't care for nothing. Franky was the type of kid that was always in trouble. She was in first grade and had already lost her virginity. I didn't hang with her that much but when I did I was always in some mischieve.

"Naw, she got hers comin' yo. I got her folk Nikki too."

"I heard that."

She slapped me a five.

After school everybody headed to their buses. I decided that I didn't want to go to mine's. I was going to get Monique. She had talked a lot of trash about me and I wanted to see if she could back her **** up. I hopped on bus 798. That was Monique's bus. I had done my homework. I didn't know where she stayed but I was going to ride the Marta bus home. You could get anywhere on Marta. My girl Franky was on there too. She had my back just in case Nikki jumped in it. We sat in the back with some Fifth grade boys. They were touchy feely but I was willing to deal with that for the time being.

When Monique got on the bus we ducked into the boys laps and they had a good time making nosies like we were actually doing something to them. Five minutes later the bus pulled off. I didn't want to get her on school property but I did want to get on the bus. I waited a while before I brought my head up. She was two rows up. I quiet walked up the ailse ready to start trouble. She was going to learn that talk got you no where.

Monique was talking to Nikki as usual. She didn't even realize that I was standing right next to her. I pulled my pencil out my tablet and ran over to her. I jumped into the seat and attacked her. I had no mercy. I stabbed her with the pencil over and over. She was screaming. She didn't have a chance to even defend herself. The other people on the bus was in awe and laughing. They stopped laughing when I turned around and pointed the pencil at some of them.

The bus driver finally stopped the bus and threw me off of her. She literally threw me two rows up. I would have stabbed her too but the pencil dropped somewhere. I just started crying. I was mad and ready for some more. My girl Franky was sitting in the back tunting Nikki. She wanted to fight Nikki so bad but she didn't have a chance too. Nikki sat there quietly and scare.

I was sweating like a hog. I just wanted me some more of Monique. She was stilll crying. I know I didn't do that much damage. I sighed to myself and calmed myself down.

The bus was still rowdy. They were laughing and slapping high five.

"Shut up!" The bus driver yelled. "Oh well that's ya'll that's gon' be late getting home. I got to take them back to the school now. [email protected]" She was frustrated.

She turned the bus back around and we head back to the school. I looked over at Monique and rolled my eyes. She avoided eye contact with everybody. She just looked out the window crying. I wanted to go back over there and pimp slap her @ss but I didn't. I just stayed in the seat the bus driver threw me to with the snottie nose kindergardener. I sighed and laid back for the ride.

Franky was still making fun of Monique and Nikki. "Yeah, that's why my girl beat cho @ss up. What? What you say? I'll smack yo @ss myself." She laughed.

I smirked too but it wasn't funny.

When we made it to the school the bus driver took us to the principle's office. "Ms. Ryan, we got some fighters here. Or should I say a fighter. I have to go I'm late." She turned to walk away.

Ms Ryan stopped her."Wait, what happened? How am I suppose to disipline them if I don't knwo details?"

"I really don't know. All I saw was ole girl right there stabbing the little one right there with a pencil."

"What?"

"That's what I said. I don't know who she is, she hasn't been on my bus before."

"Oh, is that so?" She looked at me suspiciously.

I looked down. The bus driver walked away and drove the bus away.

"Okay, ladies right this way. We can be having this." She lead us to her office.

It wasn't until we sat down that I actually saw how much damage that I did to Monique's face. She had blodd all over her face. Her pretty light skinned face was all cut up. She had little scratches all over her face. I suddenly felt sorry for what I did but she was disrespecting me. I had never disrespected her so she needed to slow her roll and recognize a queen when she saw one.

The principle ended up giving me ten days suspension because I assaulted Monique with a weapon and I had to go to court on it too but I got off on that. They had sympathy because I was so young. I was happy about that.

After that everybody became my friend. Monique was a lame now. All her friends were floking around me. Nikki was the only lame that stayed. She envied me. She ended up moving the next year. I turned her friends out though. I turned them bad. I turned them into me basically. I had them all under my every wimb. The principle didn't know my name at first but she sure did learn it and quick. We became trouble makers and we beat up a lot more other people. We just liked to fight. We hadn't gotten a name yet but oh so many come to mind. We became the people that everybody feared because we would fight for no reason bascially. We got a rush out of it. We never fought by ourselves either. If you had the nerve to fight one of us you might as well have been looking for all of us. We were just down like that.

That same year I was confronted by someone that I would like to forget, Skeet. Skeet was the leader of a gang called "South Ward Gangsters." I was sitting on my porch clipping my toe nails and drinking red kool-aid. He walked over to me and I looked up at him. Now, who the he11 is this?

"Whas up shorty? I'm Skeet." He looked at me with his hand out for some dap.

I looked at him. "Whas up?" I didn't give him dap though.

He felt stupid and put his hand back while laughing. " That's okay. I've heard a lot about you yo. Especially that Monique ****"

"Oh, is that so?" I said while clipping another toe nail.

"Yeah, I was wondering if......" He trailed off.

"If?" I was getting irritated.

"If you would consider being down with my crew and me." He smiled.

I wasn't hip to his crew. I didn't know him and [email protected] sho didn't know his crew. He was a nobody to me. "Who the he11 is yo crew? I don't know you."

"The South Ward Gansters. We fifty deep and with you apart of it we could make it fifty one. What you say?"

"I dont know. If I come, my peeps comin' too." I looked over at my peoples that were walking over.

"Oh yeah, we know that. So, what do you say?" He looked back at them.

"I'll see, get back at me."

"Oh yeah, bet. I'll see you later then."

He rolled off my porch. I looked at him suspiciously. My crew walked up. They looked him up and down.

"What that fool Skeet doin' here?" Baller Mic said.

"Oh, you know him?" I looked surprised.

"Yeah, you don't know? That is the most feared man in ATL. I can't believe that you don't know."

"Well, I don't" I rolled my eyes.

Everybody got silent. "He wants us to get down with him. What ch'all think?"

Everybody looked at each other. They didn't know what to say. "I say yes. We would finally be protected from the evils of the streets." That was Baller Mic

"Yeah, but we will be in more trouble. That ****@ said they fifty deep. That's more people whose back we got to have. That ain't good yo." I said.

"I know, but you can put yo life on it that we would be well protected."

"Yeah, well I'll see. I call him up and get the down low." I looked up at the street at the cars that passed and clipped another toe nail.

[email protected], I'm only seven and Skeet wanted me to be down with him. Most times it was the young ones wanting to be down with a gang now I have one coming to me. This just might be my lucky break.

To be continued.........

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    very nice series what a story

3. krazelyricks

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thank you Rich, it gets even deeper. I had to deal with alot throughout my days.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    i feel the emotions in this tale spin story
    continue on

5. Love Child

Love Child Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like these stories keep em coming I wanna know what happens next!

6. krazelyricks

student
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thank love child, it's comin' and soon.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ghetto short stories

2. funny ghetto short stories

3. funny ghetto stories

4. short stories from the ghetto,
  5. weird ghetto stories,