Black Short Stories : The Ghetto Made me (part II)

krazelyricks

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
da south............ATL
Occupation
student
I hate my mama!

That's right, I hate her. She ain't never home. I never see her @ss. She always out somewhere with one of my uncles. Well, at least she say they my uncles. I got an uncle Rick, Michael, Mike, Black, Pete, Harry and Larry (they twins but they never come by at the same time). I just don't understand why if they my uncles why they never came over my g-mama's house. And why don't they ever come back by after a month or so? I'm getting tired of this. She always kissing them and stuff. They come in at all times of the night and they always shut themselves in our room and I can't get in. You might as well call the couch my room now. I haven't slept in our room in a minute now. Everytime I get a chance to fall asleep in there I always get pulled out during the night and end up right back on the couch.

Mama taught me how to cook grill cheeses. They were good at first. I loved them at first because I never ate them when I was with my g-mama but they lost their flava after a while. I mean, that's all I eat now. Grill cheese and red kool-aid and sometime I don't even have red kool-aid. I have to drink water from the faucet. So, you can understand why I hate my mama right?

I don' lost 20 pound over the last year I've been her. I usually run out of bread and there don't be anything in the refrigerator. I have to eat cheese. Mama be gone for days at a time and she don't even know. I love when I go to school. They have all kinds of food there. Sometimes, I sneek food off my plate and take it home with me. But that's no good, cause I don't even go to school half the time. I don't have anyone to wake me up. I don't know half the people in the class and the people that I have learned have long forgot me. They don't even know my name. Well, except for this kid named Marcus. I think he got a crush on me because he gets red everytime I even speak to him. I'ono.

I finally got a chance to go to school today. Mama was at home and woke me up. YAY!! But today wasn't like every other day. My teacher was looking at me funny. She was a nice lady. She was always talking to me and giving me stuff like toys and clothes. I liked her. Everybody was walking out the class and I was laggin' behind as usual. I didn't want to go home. My busdriver was nice and she always waited for me.

"Um, Ashley can you come here?" Ms. Jackson said from her desk.

I looked at her. I was happy because most of the time when she called me after class she would give me clothes and toys. I smiled and walked over to her.

"Yes, Ms. Jackson?"

"Um, I need to talk to you. It's about your living conditions."

Oh lawd, why did she have to go there?

"What about my living conditions Ms. Jackson?" I looked around the room nervously and started playing with stuff.

"Well, I've been noticing that you haven't been coming to school. I mean its not hard to realize because you are very smart Ashley. You could be a star student if you came to school everyday."

"I know Ms. Jackson, I'll do better."

"Ashley this is not about doing better. What's going on over at your house?"

Dang, why she all in my business? Mama had taught me from the getgo that whatever went down in our house stayed in our house. She had drilled me already to this stuff. I was already down to her game.

"Nothing Ms. Jackson." I put my arm behind my back and looked into her eyes innnocently.

"Alright, but there is a lady here that wants to talk to you."

A lady walked into the room like that was her cue or something. To be honest, I think she was out there the whole time listening to our conversation. I might be young but I d@mn sho' ain't stupid.
"Hi Ashley, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine, I have to go. My bus is waiting on me." I started walking towards the door.

Ms. Jackson called out my name. "Um Ashley, I told Ms. Daniels I would take you home today. It's alright."

I stopped dead in my tracks. Well, that excuse is out the window.

I turned and looked at the lady. She was stout and wore some big ole Sally Jesse glasses. She was a pitiful looking old lady. She wore this black pants suit with a white shirt. Her shoes were blue and didn't even go with what she had on. I wanted to laugh because she looked like a clown in those shoes. This had to be a joke right.

Ms. Jackson walk over to me and took me to the kindergarden table. "Now, this is Ms. Williams and she wants to talk to you. It will be alright. I will be right here."

"Okay." I slumped over in my seat.

The lady looked at me and smiled. "Hi Ashley, I'm Ms. Williams."

Duh, I already know that.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Williams." I smiled.

"Good, I'm here to talk to you about where you live. I have some questions for you."

"Okay." I kept my smile going, fronting my @ss off.

"Now, you can answer anyway you want. Just make sure you're truthful."

"Okay, Ms. Williams."

She pulled out a note pad. I looked at her patiently. I was ready to go home to be honest. This was the first time in my life that I was ready to go home.

"Now, the first question is how would you rate your house hold on a scale of 1 to 10. One being it's not fit for living, five being average, and ten being it's great."

"Well, I love my house. So, I will say ten." I smiled even though it was way pass a one truthfully.

"Alright" She wrote something down. I think she could tell I was lying but so what. She can't tell me what to think.

"The next question is have you ever felt uneasy towards someone in your household like your mother or someone else? In other words, has anyone every touched you in the wrong way?"

"Oh heavens no. Never." Now, that was the truth.

"Great." She smiled and wrote another statement.

The other questions were just like that. They kept me there a long time. I didn't get home until five o'clock. They just kept asking me the same questions like I was going to trip up or something. But I never trip. I kept to my answer. You can't play a player.

When Ms. Jackson took me home my mama eyeballed her hatefully. Ms.Jackson brought herself across as someone that was only trying to help but mama saw that as a betrayal. She ended up transferring me the next week. I liked Ms. Jackson. Mama had just added another reason why I just couldn't stand her @ss. She thought she had been betrayed well she had betrayed someone too. ME.

:cry:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back