Black Short Stories : The Gangstress........gangstress in the making....

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by nevar, Jan 5, 2008.

1. nevar

nevar Well-Known Member MEMBER

working to own my plus size empire.....
    Ratings:
    +135
    My story starts like this I was raised by my grandmother. She raised me with very strong discipline christian values. She wanted me to do something positive with my life. My grandmother had a total of nine children out of her nine five are living. The rest were killed to the streets I heard that my grandfather was a gangster back in his day. And he ran these streets in the Bronx. Especially Jacob streets and the pink houses. Noone could touch him on those mean streets of the Bronx. My grandmother always used to tell me that on the outside he was Skeeter but to her he was William. I laugh about that my grandmother loving a care bear at night but a soja by day. He gave my grandmother a good life until one of his buddies double crossed him.

And therefore starts the life of my grandmother's children seeking revenge for their father. Let's just say that when he was killed my mother sort of took over the family business. Alot of folks say my mom is a natural and there is noone like her. She is mean in these streets, but grandmother didn't want no part of their destructive lives. So she told them to stay away from her she had lost all what she had lost. I guess my mother was too busy doing her thang the reason why I am with my grandmother. But my grandmother has past, and boy do I dread what's about to happen. I can already feel that my life was about to change. I had never seen my mother before only in pictures. But I heard from my grandmother's brother she is coming to get me. I am sixteen now I don't need her. She could have called or written. If I was to see her now I would probably slap her. I needed her and she had abandoned me.

Grandmother never again spoke of her children she said their lives are in God's hand now. She had done the best that she could do and that's all that matter. She made me promised on her death bed to not give in to them. For me to go to school and make her proud because she will be watching. When she had taken her last and final breathe I begin to look around to see if I would see her. Somehow I didn't cry no tears could fall from my eyes.
    As I watched the ambulance pull up I could see the past come alive. Luckily grandmother had Uncle George to handle everything. (Uncle George) sissy Malou left you this letter told me that when she passed to give it to you. I hesitated because I didn't know what it could be. I begin to read of a young woman tale of her love for a gangsta called "Skeeter" my grandfather. And how she once ran the streets with him but a higher power called to her and made her change her life. And she told me of all the things that may happen since she had passed. That sometimes what has been buried for so long can one day appear. I didn't know what that meant to me but she told me to turn away from bad and to obtain the good.

She also spoke of the monies mama had been leaving and that Uncle George had opened up me a saving account and I have a college fund. She wanted to make sure I had a better life than her lost to the cause children. She said whatever I do not to let my mom convince me to follow her. To let Uncle George take care of me always, and how much she loved me. (Sissy) Uncle George why didn't grandma tell me of my mother? (Uncle George) well Sissy your mother made a name for herself had a bad reputation. A reputation that no woman should ever have. And the church folks kept getting onto her about her family. And she had to let them go. Your mother was just like Malou and I guess she didn't want to see her old self in her. He brought me a box out of cards and pictures that my mother had sent. And I didn't know who to be angry with my mother or grandma. Because she took this away from me.

The more I dug into the box the more I wanted to know my mother. (Uncle George) she made me promised not to give it to you, but I felt like its your right to know her. I told Malou she was wrong for keeping this away....... That Malou hard headed woman. Hell Candy the same way both of them are two peas in a pod.....And he began to tell the stories about my mother....now I really wanted to know more about her...........
    to be continued.........

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Sometime we understand what is and to seek out the truth and why
    this a cold story of secrets untold but yet to be heard soon u will know
    all there is to know ....keep talking & listening

3. nevar

Ratings:
    +135
    thanks Rich for the love shown more to follow

4. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Secrets.... Some fill us with joy, others hurt us to the core, sometimes we feel happy about what we hear, but also feel pain cause it was hidden from us. Waiting for more nevar.

5. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    great story sis. you are a great writer

Peace~N~Love

6. nevar

Ratings: