Black People : The Future of the Consciousness Raising Recordings

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Greetings,

The web is a wonderful tool for sharing information. There's nothing like it. On the web we can reach people all over the world. But what happens when for whatever reason we can no longer pay the bill? If we write a book people hundreds of years from now can still read it. We can read the writings on pyramids whose authors have been dead thousands of years. But on the web if you can't pay the bill you are out of luck. There's no gaurantee that these free social networks will always house our stuff for free. Even cemeteries are beginning to question if we can stay buried forever.

what does this mean for the recordings of brotha Oldsoul's classes? God forbid that they should be lost. So what I've done is gather all the classes from September 2007 when I begain recording them to 2010 divided them into folders by topic and zipped each folder for easier download. This way you can spread them out and pass them on so they will exist all over the place.

Each topic is in it's own folder and comes with a webpage with links and a rich text file.. Hope you will all take advantage of this and download these classes so what our brotha has done will carry on. Who knows one day these classes might become vintage collections.

http://overstandinguniversity.com/zipped/

anAfrican

Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
oh very good!!! bravo!! :number1:

how big are the zip files? how large is the total collection? wonder if the collection will get so big as to make torrenting usefule/feasible? ... which will be much more useful once a few copies are stashed by folks, eh? <grin> }hint, hint{

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Occupation
Author
oh very good!!! bravo!! :number1:

how big are the zip files? how large is the total collection? wonder if the collection will get so big as to make torrenting usefule/feasible? ... which will be much more useful once a few copies are stashed by folks, eh? <grin> }hint, hint{
I'm not sure what you're talking about. brotha anAfrican

Ikoro

May 23, 2006
(nb: long post, see bottom for truncated point) Sister, what Brother anAfrican is referring to is a method of filesharing, called 'torrents' or 'bit-torrents'.

In essence, it can be explained thusly:

You have a file on your pc, let's call it Lecture A. You want to share Lecture A with everyone.

You go to a site (thepiratebay, btjunkie or demonoid etc etc) and upload another file there, let's call the file...a 'map'. The 'map' you upload, will be available for anyone with an internet connection to download. Once this 'map' is downloaded, it can be opened on say, my pc (all the way over in Norway) and it will tell my pc where it can get Lecture A from.

In order for me to get Lecture A from you (this is called leeching), you must keep the file available thru a program that keeps the file available (this is called seeding, and the program that enables this is called a bittorent client).

When I have downloaded Lecture A, yet another person might come along to get it and he/she now can get it from TWO people instead of just the original uploader. This lessens the strain on your internet connection, and also makes it easier for the other person to get (maybe you are offline, but I am on!).

So, then, torrents only function if people are willing to seed (stay online with the file available) after downloading them. If everyone deletes the file (like Lecture A) after downloading/using/watching it, then no one will be able to get it because no one has it anymore. As the bit-torrent community likes to say: sharing is caring (lol).

That was a bit long, hope it made sense fam.

One,

- Ikoro

p.s: What anAfrikan was thinking was, if the file was a bit big maybe it would be worth turning into a torrent so that everyone can download the zip file and keep it online by seeding. This way it might be easier to get a hold of :)

river

Watch Her Flow
Mar 22, 2004
Occupation
Author
(nb: long post, see bottom for truncated point) Sister, what Brother anAfrican is referring to is a method of filesharing, called 'torrents' or 'bit-torrents'.

In essence, it can be explained thusly:

You have a file on your pc, let's call it Lecture A. You want to share Lecture A with everyone.

You go to a site (thepiratebay, btjunkie or demonoid etc etc) and upload another file there, let's call the file...a 'map'. The 'map' you upload, will be available for anyone with an internet connection to download. Once this 'map' is downloaded, it can be opened on say, my pc (all the way over in Norway) and it will tell my pc where it can get Lecture A from.

In order for me to get Lecture A from you (this is called leeching), you must keep the file available thru a program that keeps the file available (this is called seeding, and the program that enables this is called a bittorent client).

When I have downloaded Lecture A, yet another person might come along to get it and he/she now can get it from TWO people instead of just the original uploader. This lessens the strain on your internet connection, and also makes it easier for the other person to get (maybe you are offline, but I am on!).

So, then, torrents only function if people are willing to seed (stay online with the file available) after downloading them. If everyone deletes the file (like Lecture A) after downloading/using/watching it, then no one will be able to get it because no one has it anymore. As the bit-torrent community likes to say: sharing is caring (lol).

That was a bit long, hope it made sense fam.

One,

- Ikoro

p.s: What anAfrikan was thinking was, if the file was a bit big maybe it would be worth turning into a torrent so that everyone can download the zip file and keep it online by seeding. This way it might be easier to get a hold of :)
I have to find out more about it. I don't really like the idea of strange folks downloading and uploading stuff from my computer. Sounds like Hackers Heaven. But I will read up on it before I judge.

Right now the zip files are on a shared server so there is no access to my personal computer at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HODEE Health and Wellness : THE BIDEN PLAN TO COMBAT CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) AND PREPARE FOR FUTURE GLOBAL HEALTH Black Health and Wellness 0
OldSoul Black People : A Message From the Future With AOC Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : In the Future, Everything Will Be Made of Chickpeas Black Health and Wellness 0
Ndugu Black People : Hollywood Propaganda , The Green Book, the Racist Oligarchies , goal for our future! Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Future Human Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : 9 DISEASES WIPED OUT BY VACCINES IN THE FUTURE Black Health and Wellness 1
Tony Harod Black People Politics : United Colored Action Network 'You'are the future. You are the ones that will lead us out of the pol Black People Politics 4
blazejay Black Money Business Jobs : What are your views and thought about the economic future of our people? Black Money Business Jobs 0
Liberty African American History Culture : Historic African-American Lincoln Cemetery faces a tangled present and uncertain future African American History Culture 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : Black America Steels Itself for Obama’s Departure and a Future Under Trump Black People Politics 6
chuck Black Entertainment : Black To The Future: What Are Your Takes On Today's Black Science Fiction Movies? Black Entertainment 0
G Black People Politics : What determine our future: White Supremacy or Personal Choice? Black People Politics 35
Chaya Chaim Black Hebrew Israelites : Israelites/black future..returning to Zion video Black Hebrew Israelites Study Group 0
IFE African American History Culture : Black Future Month African American History Culture 4
Liberty Black People Politics : “Black Americans for a Better Future” Super PAC 100% Funded by Rich White Guys Black People Politics 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Revelations Past not future AACOOLDRE 0
LookingForward Black People : Future Of Black People Black People Open Forum 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : The Future Is African Science and Technology 1
chuck Black People : Is The Concept of Afrofuturism Meant to Usher In A Better Future For All Of Us? Black People Open Forum 0
Desert Storm Black Poetry : Where will the future take us? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
chuck Black People : Selma Retrospective Idealizes The Past And Doesn't Usher In The Future! Black People Open Forum 6
chuck African American History Culture : Black To The Future! African American History Culture 0
KingSango Black People : Engineering the future of our Black Youth fine as Audi A7. Black People Open Forum 0
KingSango Black People : The legend of John Horse. A metaphor for our own future intentional communities Black People Open Forum 0
chuck Black People : Detroit's Present: Black America's Future? Black People Open Forum 5
Fine1952 African American History Culture : OUR STORY (Past, Present, Future): An Historical/Spiritual Journey African American History Culture 494
Keita Kenyatta Black People : The Future is upon us! Black People Open Forum 3
Clyde C Coger Jr South Africa : Racialized politics, and America's South African future South Africa 24
KingSango Black People : Nostradamus: The African Future Super Global Economy. Black People Open Forum 1
crwn Black People : Has Our Future Leaders Been Already Chosen Black People Open Forum 19
legit-writer Black People : Need to Vent II - Talking Ugly About Your Current or Future Employer Online Black People Open Forum 3
chuck Black People : Detroit's Present Fate And The Future Of American Democracy? Black People Open Forum 9
chuck Black People : The Power Struggles Over Detroit's Future Go On! Black People Open Forum 3
blazejay Black Money Business Jobs : Why networking is key to a brighter future? Black Money Business Jobs 2
chuck Black People Politics : How Shall We Ensure Our Children's Future? Black People Politics 29
Bishop Black Poetry : Assasination of the Future Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
chuck Black People : Our Present: Their Future? Black People Open Forum 0
I Science and Technology : ABUNDANCE - The future will be better than you think! Science and Technology 4
Blackbird Black People : Deceit of the Future - Foster Care Black People Open Forum 3
Shikamaru Computers - Software Hardware : Corning's Future Of Glass Technology Science and Technology 5
Keita Kenyatta Science and Technology : Today In Tech Silence Gun: Strange Weapon Of The Future Immediately Quiets You, Whether You Like It Science and Technology 1
Ankhur Black People : What is the Future of Nationalization in the Motherland? Black People Open Forum 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Mc Breed-Ain't No Future In Yo' Frontin Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Ankhur Black People : I remember when we were focused and had a Vision for the Future of the Race Black People Open Forum 2
RAPTOR Black People : Dr. Boyce: Teacher Refers to First Graders as “Future Criminals” Black People Open Forum 2
Ankhur Black People : "They see us as Africans/ can there be African starvation right here in the future?? Black People Open Forum 4
Kamau47 Black People : Is This The Future Of Music Black People Open Forum 19
S Black People Politics : Our future president on Slavery in America. Black People Politics 10
Ankhur Black Entertainment : the movie "RED" omen of future of legal wet ops? Black Entertainment 0
Ankhur Black People : Today; a Crutial Day for Mumia and the future of Justice for all of us in America Black People Open Forum 13