Pan-Africanism : The Foundations of A Pan-African Nation

anAfrican said:
I'm really beginning to feel that I want to reassess my opinion on the "best" group to get this ball rolling. While it is true that American Africans have the potential to have the most "power" to do something positive, I'm not sure that they ever will. I also have a problem with SA in that too dang many of the city/state/province names are dutch, and that the predominant population/business ownership is white, (but at least they are making a beginning at correction with an African government. And I'm still not gonna buy into anything that is presented in any of the media of this, or any other nato, country!). As far as Nigeria is concerned, that is one that I'll have to learn more about as I have not seen it portrayed in the media of this land as often as other places. (That is not to say it hasn't been - see previous remark about media). That might, actually, be a strong mark in her favor given that places that are not pro-west, nor openly anti-west, get much coverage here.

Further, I do NOT want to grow old and die here. It was almost impossible to visit my mother as she was leaving us because it seems that the only places that she could get what she needed were in white environments. Attempting to visit her was always tarnished by my absolute hate of "those people"; I didn't want my no longer suppressed/hidden feelings about them to influence her care. I gotta get outta this place!

To that end, I am asking for opinions from other Africans, (as opposed to opinions "colored" by the lifestyles/environments that American Africans, British Africans, etc, have come to accept), as to the least "sand blasted/white washed" African Nations. By that, I mean nations wherein is practiced lifestyles that are as completely as possible true to the Ancient African original. Please, I do not intend for that statement to be responded to by folks with some disparaging remarks about "coming into the 21st century", or some such "mud/wattle huts" twaddle. I also don't want to hear (although prior experience would suggest that they will be forthcoming) any folderol about "self hating" as there is no "self" in this country that is worthy of being deemed to be "hated" against! (I neither hate myself, nor [Pan/Pax/National]Africa; that's why I've got to get out of this cesspool!)

I'm outta here as soon as I can find it. And I don't care if that "most authentic" appears, by "standards" that we have been "conditioned" to accept as de riguer, to those eyes as being "rustic" or whatnot: if it actually turns out to be "mud/wattle huts", then so be it!! And if that drops me into the middle of a war, at least I'll die in Africa!

:toast: I hear you. I will e-mail you as soon as possible to get the ball rolling.
And about countries not being pro-west, read up Murtala Mohammed who in 1975/6 was the first president of a any Nation to Deny HENRY KISSINGER(and by matter of fact any western government official) an official visit to his country. Henry Kissinger had earlier requested a visit. It was on the grounds of what many feel was "racially motivated", related to western role in aprtheid et al. Many felt he miscalculated, because he was killed a few months later after US re-enacted the silver bulet strategy for dealing with world leaders. I think one of the main resons by CIA in a document declassified in 1995, was that they thought he was threatening an Oil embago on America and other western antions, should they not heed to his later proposal for them to Act/pull out of africa. He is famous for his speech "Africa Has Come Of Age". His country was Nigeria.
Kwame Nkrumah yet was another black man who "miscalculated". Seeing support for his one africa was frowned upon by western nations, he turned to Russia, then USSR. he was the first guy to articualte an African Union. A friend of W.E.B Dubois. His removal from governement was suspicious.
And Patrice Lumumba, yet another radical black leader. Watched his movie. Made a grown man cry. He was a leader who articulated the fact that it was time for Europeans to leave african minerals and resources alone.

Nice one militant!!! Thanks for starting this thread.

Conducting Social Analysis:
My first instinct is to conduct a class analysis of the state of Black people on the continent and in the diaspora. As well, I'd better check some of my own latent racism. I am constantly aware of the colour line that historically divides myself from other ethnicities. What is the class and social structure of Blacks vs. Arab, Black vs. White, Black vs. Asian (India and Subcontinent). I have conflicting feelings here because I can't help but see continued and blatant hegemony against us by other ethnicities. For example, how do you feel about Arab conquering and subjugation of Black peoples in the Sudan, Egypt, etc? But mostly, how are we structured socially, politically, historically, etc?

Seeking Economic Control:
Also, a complete nation must control it's own destiny. Within this capitalist structure, it's impossible to ignore various modes of economic control. Does a Black nation focus solely on its spending power or seek a full spectrum of levers of economic control (control of advantage). So it's control of money vs. balances of power (ex: legal systems, land distribution, modes of production, balance of trade, media, etc.) Enumerating local skills is a step in the right direction.

Sorry for the brief points, but this is just off the top of my head. I'd love to get more involved in this discussion.

-- tim

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back