Health and Wellness : The Flowers/Plants Mosquites Hate!

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

Fine1952

The Age of Aquarius
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
USA
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Mosquitoes Hate These!.jpeg

Fine1952

The Age of Aquarius
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
USA
Occupation
Entrepreneur

Magical Repelling Powers of Marigolds — Myth or Fact?​

By Cleve Campbell
December 2017

1654642117029.png

Marigolds belong to the aster family (Asteraceae), genus Tagetes. Their natural range extends from the southwestern United States into Argentina, with their greatest distribution being in south central Mexico. Approximately 50 species are known, but in general, the three most common are African marigolds (T. erecta), French marigolds (T. patula) and Signet marigolds (T. tenuifolia). However, regardless of their name, all marigolds are native to subtropical America and have been cultivated in Mexico for over 2,000 years.

Fine1952

The Age of Aquarius
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
USA
Occupation
Entrepreneur
1654642457265.png

17-plants-control-pests

Artemisia – This plant produces a strong antiseptic, although not unpleasant aroma that repels most insects. Planted in drifts it can also deter small animals. My favorite variety is ‘Powis Castle’. I prefer to use this plant in flower borders and not in my vegetable garden because it produces a botanical poison.

Latest profile posts

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
What ever you've done, you can no longer post to the kitchen table
It's been a good while, but this place has always been home. Thankful to be here.
Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love: