Black Christians : THE FIG TREE~The Tree of Life...

Thank you Sister CD for sharing the scripture on figs and other info!

You really took me back with this topic, though! I remember eating figs right outta the tree as a child.

....big, fat, juicy figs.

And they're really good for you....But, don't eat too many. They're also a natural laxative!

...found that out the hard way as a child too! :lol:

You are so welcome!

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Good stuff sister Chevron Dove, real good stuff. It could be determined the Fig tree to be a kind of Tree of Life, which gives us two(2) distinct such trees. And based upon the wrapping of fig leaves directly after the fall in the garden, it could also be considered the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil as well, which was eaten from. I've always been curious of that tree because the fruit was seen to make one wise. But nevertheless your report as others have attested, is excellent.

Peace In,

I think on the tree of life, and I just know seeing it before one's face will be magnificence indescribable by the words we have today. :)

I love to think on the life all of my brothers and sister have eternally because of the Son bringing us to the tree, because we had faith in His sacrifice for us for our sins and belief in His resurrection from the dead to life eternal on the 3rd day. But there is no other way, but to have faith in One who has brought us so much hope for life, for the good things, for happiness in the One who created us all.

He has taught us a beautiful thing in love and sacrifice; His passion will forever be in us, and I pray we all be forever in the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, with faith, belief, works, and love. Blessings! :)

Thank you Sister CD for sharing the scripture on figs and other info!

You really took me back with this topic, though! I remember eating figs right outta the tree as a child.

....big, fat, juicy figs.

And they're really good for you....But, don't eat too many. They're also a natural laxative!

...found that out the hard way as a child too! :lol:
you had figs? where were you at?

you had figs? where were you at?

Hey, Bro. James! :wave:

Yes, I ate figs as a child....right off the tree and in preserves. Fig trees can and do grow in parts of Florida and Georgia.

I was blessed to be exposed to many fresh fruits, nuts and other natural treats:

peanuts, sugar cane, oranges, pomegranates, kumquats, dates, plums, tangerines, watermelon, tangelos, peaches, muscadines/scuppernongs, etc...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back