Black Relationships : The Female Fallacy of Being *THICK*

jamesfrmphilly said:
perhaps there is a reason they are out on a BLIND date?

It doesn't even have to be a "blind date". There have been times when some female sees my picture from one of her friends, and asks about me. Either she or her friend will say she is "thick", when they are beyond thickness. When you finally see them, whether a date or casual situation, you are taken by surprise.

ShemsiEnTehuti said:
Ok Sisters...not taking shots at you, but too often I hear you call yourselves "thick" when in actuality you are a bit overweight. Now, a lot of brothers like sisters with extra pounds, but let's be real here.

To be Thick: means you are not skinny or slim, but have more meat on your bones than these smaller women. "Meat on the bones" is not to be confused with the fat around the meat. "Thickness" ultimately is more meat on the bones without too much excessive fat, where the lean body contour (and perhaps muscle) definition is still reasonably seen.​

Being "thick" also does not intrinsically mean you have curves or "shape", because untold numbers of slim African women have derrieres and hips just large & wide as some so called "thick women". I guess the reason for my rant is because I have met too many sisters who I talked to prior telling me that they were "thick", when in actuality they were more than a few pounds over-weight. This happened rather recently again, which is why I am writing this now.

Anyhow, I know Black women have different body types and all that, but we need to start being honest. It will save brothers a lot of disappointment.

***Have any of the sisters here told a brother they were thick, to avoid saying they were a little overweight?...be honest.***

Brother ShemsiEnTehuti ... if this is real important to you, ask what you need to know, prior to meeting. Explain your preferences and how you don't want to waste their time or yours. Be straightforward about it.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Brother ShemsiEnTehuti ... if this is real important to you, ask what you need to know, prior to meeting. Explain your preferences and how you don't want to waste their time or yours. Be straightforward about it.

Destee

I will from now on, but I always figured it to be taboo to dive too much into that with a woman.

ShemsiEnTehuti said:

I will from now on, but I always figured it to be taboo to dive too much into that with a woman.

Brother ShemsiEnTehuti ... i'm sure it's a sensitive subject to broach, but if you're thinking of building a relationship with someone, it's best to be honest. If this is important to you, and forward progress depends on it, makes sense to go ahead and deal with it. As you've found out, it's gonna come up anyway.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back