Black Spirituality Religion : The Fall of Man

Gee no wonder there are so many different denominations in Christianity. So anything you want the Bible to say that it doesn't actually say you can just "understand" it to say. That doesn't make the Bible a very useful book. I could do the same with The Cat in the Hat and it will meet all my spiritual needs.

cosign

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Gee no wonder there are so many different denominations in Christianity. So anything you want the Bible to say that it doesn't actually say you can just "understand" it to say. That doesn't make the Bible a very useful book. I could do the same with The Cat in the Hat and it will meet all my spiritual needs.

It is correct to say that schisms resulted from varying interpretations of the Bible, and that splinter groups created over 200 denominations; but this conversation we are having rests upon common sense and logic of the scriptures that you simply fail to see and accept.

It is correct to say that schisms resulted from varying interpretations of the Bible, and that splinter groups created over 200 denominations; but this conversation we are having rests upon common sense and logic of the scriptures that you simply fail to see and accept.

Common sense and logic?

You have already admitted that you searched for scriptures which attribute the sufferings of man to Adam and you have not presented any such scriptures to me nor have I found any in my search. Now you tell me that it is common sense to see and accept something which is not there?

Oh well. Just remember you are the Christian. It is your job to convince me it is not my job to convince you. All i do is tell you why I am not convinced. Your game playing and obfuscation are not helping at all.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

Common sense and logic?

You have already admitted that you searched for scriptures which attribute the sufferings of man to Adam and you have not presented any such scriptures to me nor have I found any in my search. Now you tell me that it is common sense to see and accept something which is not there?

Oh well. Just remember you are the Christian. It is your job to convince me it is not my job to convince you. All i do is tell you why I am not convinced. Your game playing and obfuscation are not helping at all.

Scriptures were provided that supplied a counter-argument to your statements that none existed. A lack of common sense is now the issue we are debating, certainly not a lack or shortage of scripture. This reminds me of the old saying: "you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink."

Why don't you quit while you are behind?

Scriptures were provided that supplied a counter-argument to your statements that none existed. A lack of common sense is now the issue we are debating, certainly not a lack or shortage of scripture. This reminds me of the old saying: "you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink."

Amnesia is now the issue. I told you the scriptures you provided did not say anything about God punishing people for Adam's sin but for their own sin.

I am not a horse and what you are trying to lead me to is not water but sheer and utter nonsense.If you could reply intelligently to my initial post I am sure you would have done so by now.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back