Black Poetry : The Faces We Wear

The Faces We Wear was inspired by the relationships that are established at home, work, church, etc. During the establishment of those relationships, sometimes we pretend to be a certain way so that we may become accepted by an individual or an organization. Sometimes we become deceitful in order to achieve a goal. Sometimes we forget that sincerity has its own unique place in keeping us real with oneanother and down to earth.

My focus on God and His desire for me to be sincere is my daily endeavor. With so many different personalities, we often pick and choose those that we want to have relationship with and quite often miss out on those that would be more dediciated or loyal as a friend or companion.

Therefore, I implore those in my life to let God be their lead, let God keep them sincere and always do unto others as you have them do unto you.

In reply to the poets, I say thank you for all the compliments regarding this piece. Truly the faces we wear depends on the intent of one's heart. In that respect, sometimes we must examine ourselves and our motives as we establish relationships.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back