Black Education / Schools : THE ETHNIC CLEANSING OF HBCUS IN THE AGE OF OBAMA - Dr. Jahi Issa

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
I applaud the brotha's passion.

However, IMO, there are socio-economic factors applicable to the present-day hues of Bluefield and Delaware State that Dr. Issa may be neglecting to explore.

Moreover, he mentioned 3 HBCUS he attended in his collegiate and graduate studies: Southern, TSU (TX) and Howard. Which begs the question of his views on any racial demographic projection for those Black institutions.

I also wonder if Dr. Issa is aware of how many HBCUs which have closed down during his own lifetime.

And, unlike the racial and socio-economic factors in WV and DE, I just can't imagine HBCUs like Morehouse, Spelman, Howard, Hampton and many others EVER becoming predominately WHITE.

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
I applaud the brotha's passion.

However, IMO, there are socio-economic factors applicable to the present-day hues of Bluefield and Delaware State that Dr. Issa may be neglecting to explore.

Moreover, he mentioned 3 HBCUS he attended in his collegiate and graduate studies: Southern, TSU (TX) and Howard. Which begs the question of his views on any racial demographic projection for those Black institutions.

I also wonder if Dr. Issa is aware of how many HBCUs which have closed down during his own lifetime.

And, unlike the racial and socio-economic factors in WV and DE, I just can't imagine HBCUs like Morehouse, Spelman, Howard, Hampton and many others EVER becoming predominately WHITE.
I think we all know that when it comes to hbcu's issues they are oft times matters of finances.
I do not think his intentions were to deliberately neglect the socio-economic situations, but
when these schools 'whiten' up, curriculum changes and the legacy ultimately vanishes, to say the least.
But if it happened to these 3 schools, it could happen to more. And if it matters to those that we maintain
this hbcu's, historically, then attention should be given to what is on the horizon...

cherryblossom

Feb 28, 2009
I think we all know that when it comes to hbcu's issues they are oft times matters of finances.
I do not think his intentions were to deliberately neglect the socio-economic situations, but
when these schools 'whiten' up, curriculum changes and the legacy ultimately vanishes, to say the least.
But if it happened to these 3 schools, it could happen to more. And if it matters to those that we maintain
this hbcu's, historically, then attention should be given to what is on the horizon...
What 3 schools are u referring to? I am only aware of 2: Bluefield in WV and Delaware State.

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
What 3 schools are u referring to? I am only aware of 2: Bluefield in WV and Delaware State.
My apologies.

I have the dr's lecture piece and your statements mixed up with an interview he gave on
this very subject. Give me a little time. I 'll go back and reference the 3 schools he spoke
of.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RAPTOR Black Spirituality Religion : Antiquities Scholar: Islamic State's Destruction of Museum & Library is Cultural & Ethnic Cleansing Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Omowale Jabali Central African Republic : ‘Ethnic cleansing’ in the Central African Republic Central African Republic (CAR) 6
G Black People : Racist Mexican Gangs "Ethnic Cleansing" Blacks In L.A. Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Black People : Racist Mexican Gangs Ethnic Cleansing Blacks In L.A. Black People Open Forum 8
Isaiah Black People : ETHNIC CLEANSING BY EVICTION IN NEW ORLEANS? Black People Open Forum 12
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Neandertal DNA Affects Modern Ethnic Difference in Immune Response Science and Technology 3
chuck Law Forum : How Shall We Resolve Our Differences With Other Ethnic Groups: Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 9
Clyde C Coger Jr Ethiopia : Oromo Protests: Why Ethiopia's Largest Ethnic Group Is Demonstrating Ethiopia 29
Clyde C Coger Jr African American History Culture : BEEVILLE RIOT: INTER-ETHNIC CONFLICT IN TEXAS DURING THE LATE 19TH CENTURY African American History Culture 0
HODEE Black People Politics : Americans of all races and ethnic backgrounds are less satisfied with how black people are treated! Black People Politics 6
I Black People : Bloodbath: 62 people killed in ethnic massacre Bloodbath: 62 people killed in ethnic massacre Black People Open Forum 0
S Black Spirituality Religion : What Was Jesus's Ethnic Orgins ? Asian, African, Or European ? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 17
THE-GOD Black People : Study shows Caucazoids lack empathy for other "ethnic" group Black People Open Forum 44
S Black People : Inhumanity knows no ethnic boundaries.. don't sleep on man's inhumanity to man. (warning: graphic) Black People Open Forum 88
RAPTOR Black People : Arizona Ethnic Studies Classes Banned, Teachers With Accents Can No Longer Teach English Black People Open Forum 1
RAPTOR Black People : 'If your gonna win your freedom, your gonna be disliked by a lot of ethnic groups' Black People Open Forum 0
Amnat77 Black People : White pupils 'threatened as ethnic minorities excel' Black People Open Forum 4
S Black People : Arizona: First Immigration, now ethnic studies Black People Open Forum 15
A Nigeria : Ethnic Violence in Nigeria Has Killed 500 Nigeria 18
Clyde C Coger Jr Sleep patterns differ among ethnic groups: Poll Black Health and Wellness 12
A Black People : Is racial/ethnic pride pointless? Black People Open Forum 17
P Black People : Ethnic Hatred Black People Open Forum 117
P Blacks largest ethnic group with HIV/AIDS in Canada Black Health and Wellness 0
1 Destee Network : www.urbansoulmate.net Free Dating Site for Ethnic Singles Destee Network : 0
river Vegetable - Fruit - Recipe : The Ethnic Vegetarian - 256 Pages of Afrocentric Gustatory Delight Food Discussion and Recipes 3
D Black Children : Study links ethnic pride, teens' outlook Black Children 1
Isaiah Africa : AFRICAN CULTURAL TRADITIONS BY ETHNIC GROUP All Things Africa 0
Y Black People : The importance of having a strong sense of ethnic identity Black People Open Forum 27
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : The 10 Best Herbs for Lung Cleansing Black Health and Wellness 0
S Black People : "Cleansing ourselves of European Concepts", Lecture by Marimba Ani (3 hrs) Black People Open Forum 0
Keita Kenyatta Black Spirituality Religion : Getting a Mental Cleansing Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Shikamaru Black Money Business Jobs : Cleansing the Temple Black Money Business Jobs 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : How To Do An Egg Cleansing (Limpia) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 11
D Black Haiku : cleansing Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
thatgirl74 Black Poetry : CLEANSING RAIN Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
Kemetstry Black People Politics : TRUMP QUESTIONS FUNDING FOR HBCUs CONSTITUTIONALITY Black People Politics 8
Liberty Black Education / Schools : Trump Implies Financing For HBCUs Is Unconstitutional Black Education / Schools 7
Black Phoenix Black People : President Obama Proposing to Provide Free College Tuition to Low Income Students to Attend HBCUs Black People Open Forum 1
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Roll Over & Die, or Shut Up & Sell Out: HBCUs & the Talented Tenth in the Obama Era Black People Politics 1
Alarm Clock Black People Politics : The Presidents Loan Changes cause Thousands to leave HBCUs Black People Politics 7
cherryblossom Black Education / Schools : HBCUs Black Education / Schools 10
D Black Education / Schools : Video: Some HBCUs losing ground literally Black Education / Schools 0
Destee Black Education / Schools : Are HBCUs Black Owned? Black Education / Schools 7
K Black People : More reason to attend HBCUs... Black People Open Forum 5