Brother AACOOLDRE : The Essene & Egyptian Links

AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
ONE WAY

In religious themes about free will we are given two spirits that are two different ways of life. One Way is to the God of life, truth and love and the other is the way of darkness of hell. It’s analogous to the tree of life and the tree of death. The Essene talked about the battle of the sons of light and the sons of darkness. Christianity is an offshoot of Essene. Its not exactly the same because its editors modified it from the Essene. The Egyptians had the concept of The Way which was linked with truth. The missing link between the Essene and Christianity was the Egyptians which I will explore later in detail.
The Essene:

“The two Spirits and man, he allotted unto man two spirits. They are the spirits of truth and perversity. The origin of truth is in a fountain of light. And the origin of perversity is from a fountain of darkness. Dominion over all the sons of righteousness is in the hand of the prince of light; they walk in the ways of light“.

It is of the spirit of truth to enlighten in the heart of man, and to level (balance) before him the ways of true righteousness, and to set fear in his heart of the judgment”.

The members of the Essene sect were not only called “The chosen”, “The Poor” , The Way but also choosers: They chose the way of God and Goodness. This theme of the two ways of virtue and vice is absolutely fundamental to this sect. It was also current with Pythagorism who was schooled by Egyptian priest; there the sacred letter Y, with its two diverging branches, symbolized the opposition of the two ways” see The Essene Writings from Qumran by Dupont-Sommer.

Comparisons to Christianity.

1 John says “God is light” 1John 1:5

“Iam writing you a new command; its truth is seen in him and you, because the darkness is passing and the true light is already shining. Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the dark…but whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks around in the dark” 1 John 2:8-11. This is the same with Essene talking about waking in the ways of light. Also “let light shine out darkness” 2 Cor 4:6

Saul/Paul wanted to kill members “Who belonged to The Way” Acts 9:2-3 . While on the road to Damascus Jesus came to him in a circle of Light and asked him why he was persecuting me (The Way). This should be sufficient evidence Jesus was a charter member of the Essene sect but I will move forward. Paul said: “I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of The Way, which they call a sect” Acts 24:14

The Essene prince/angel of Light was Jesus and “The sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings” Malachi 4:2/Luke 1:78. In Egypt Maat is pictured as a winged angel of truth, justice, righteousness. Maat is Truth and Egypt. The way was called Maat/truth also. Paul wrote that we are judged according to the truth.

Truth=Jesus/Light Teacher of truth Angel of life/Tree & Book of life.
Lies=Satan/darkness Father of lies Angel of death

The above are two ways leading to separate paths. One path John tells us that “God is spirit , and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth” John 4:24

Jesus once said:

“I’am the way, and the truth and the life (light)” John 14:6 This same terminology is found in the words of the Egyptian Horus. Egypt as well as the Essene had books called the two ways.

“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” John 8:32 This is an Egyptian proverb that said Maat sets the souls of tongues free.

“Blessed are the poor (Christians) in spirit” (Matthew 5:3) The poor could be interchanged into Christians/Essene who called themselves the poor. Now the word Bless is also used in conjunction with the word Amen which means unseen spirit of truth. Blessed also means “true of voice” for souls in Egypt whose life/lives shined in truth. John often used the word in revelation “blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words” of Jesus“ see Holman Bible dictionary under the word bless.

Jesus once said: “Go, sell all that thou hast and give to the poor”. Since “The Poor” was one of those terms used by the Essenic sects to indicate their own societies, Jesus was in effect telling the wealthy man to join such a sect. Furthermore, the Essenese called themselves “The Elect” and we see Jesus calling heaven bound followers “Chosen” (Rev 17:14), which is synonymous with Elect.

Now it should be clear there are links of Christianity with the Essene and Egyptian thought. The Romans modified, edited the Bible to fit their view of the world cutting out the foundation of Egypt.

In conclusion:

Be among those with plenty of oil in the lamps so that you and your general area can shine when the Angels of light come snatch you away from the angels of darkness in the night.

Notes: With being fair and balance I will present an alternative view from Jean Danielou who wrote “The Dead sea Scrolls and Primitive Christianity”:

“Paul tells of the vision he saw on the road to Damascus. These are the words he puts into the mouth of Christ:” Now I send thee to open their eyes that they may be converted from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, and that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and a lot among the saints by the faith that is in me” (Acts 26:17-18). All these formulas have their equivalent in the Qumran scrolls , from “Open their eyes” up to “a lot among the saints”. Now this speech concerns the conversion of St Paul in Damascus. It is the explanation of his first experience with Christianity. It is also a kind of synthesis of the way in which Christianity appeared in its very beginning. And if we note in addition that the schema of this speech is entirely Essenian…based

D on the two ways, that of light and that of darkness” (p.101-102).Danielou goes on to claim that Paul was dealing with Essenes who converted to Christianity. I don’t think this is true because Jesus claimed membership in the sect called “The Way” when he asked Paul why he was persecuting “Me” that’s “The way”. Paul believed in Hebrews that Jesus was from the priest of Melchizedek from Psalm 110:4. The Essene believed Jesus was a cousin of John and descendant of Aaron and David. Jesus could claim priest Messiah and Royal messiah. In Acts 2:36 it says God made Jesus both lord and christ which is priest/royal messiah. The grandson of Aaron, Phinehas was the murderer of Jesus and maybe this is why they attempted to turn Jesus from the priesthood of Aaron to Melchizedek. Phinehas was grand-nephew of Moses. The Christians say:

“The perfect illustration of the resurrection of Christ is
Aaron’s rod that budded. Thereafter, it was to be kept in the ark of
the covenant (Hebrews 9:4). The budded rod forever settled the
question as to the priesthood of Aaron.
The founders of the non-Christian religions were dead rods --- and
so are the systems they originated. Christ is the rod which has budded
and blossomed in resurrection-life and glory. His resurrection is the
Divine attestation that He is the One true Saviour-Priest of men”.

Now we have links with Aaron and Jesus.

Essene and Christian names

The Way The Way (Acts 24:14) solid link

The Saints All saints wear white linen (Rev 6:11 & 19:8 )

The Elect The Chosen (Rev 17:14) “Hath not God chosen the poor” Jas 2:5

Sons of Light “Children of Light” (John 12:36) Egyptian Sons of Horus?

The Disciples A concordance will produce ample Disciple terminology.

The Poor The Poor “He lifted up his eyes on his disciples and said: “Blessed be ye Poor for your’s is the kingdom of God” Luke 6:20

They that Believe The faithful (Rev 17:14)

The Brethren The Brethren (Rev 6:11+ Acts 15:36)

They that are of the Lord See Acts 18:25 for a possible comparison

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back